Is the XPS a meme laptop or is it worth getting?

Is the XPS a meme laptop or is it worth getting?

I bought an XPS 13, i like it.

Looks sexy as hell but it seems like it has a whole bag of issues that will never be fixed.

It is definitely worth getting, it's not called the official laptop of Sup Forums for nothing.

i like the fact that it has such a minimal bezel but i really hate dell build quality so i wouldnt even consider it.

>it's not called the official laptop of Sup Forums for nothing.
it isn't go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums or whatever shithole you came from

All laptops are memes tbqh, all overpriced shit over marketed because of their disgusting profit margins. You just get a Thinkpad and be done with memetops. Not only are they overpriced but they're also terrible for productivity compared to working at a desktop instead.

all laptops lacking a trackpoint are meme laptops. you can't into efficiency if you're constantly moving your hands off the keyboard to reach for the mouse and then back.

We use XPS-13s as the default laptop for devs at the company I work for, expect scaling issues and weird shit if you choose to use the dock.

Screens on them are great but not as nice as the ones on the rMBP, that and the scaling on Windows is garbage for that kind of pixel density, let alone with multiple monitor setups like we use. The USB-C ports are really nice too, adapters and such just werk.

Care to explain?

Maybe some of you guys should switch to Ubuntu unity/gnome or Linux mint cinnamon?. I had a much nicer experience with hidpi scaling on Linux compared to windows.

I have an xps 13.
I was inbetween a surface pro 4, xps13 or a thinkpad x260 and I definitely made the right choice. Running linux on sp4 is just wrong and newer thinkpads come with chinese spyware.

We use TFS with a .NET/C# project, Linux is out of the question unfortunately. I'm sure the scaling would be better on Linux but again if you're using the Dell Dock with it I doubt there will comparable Linux drivers, it would be great if there were though.

Is it just me or do XPSs look ugly as fuck? The small bezels just makes it look dumb to me.

Recent XPS models have been showing up at work with bad motherboard issues a lot... like, really a lot. It's weird.

Seems some of them just have bad storage controller issues and other weird ass problems. Not sure if the latest generation will have fixed this, but... I hope they did.

They're nice laptops, but might I recommend the Latitude line instead. They seem to be a bit more reliable? At least I end up having to fix less of them, so I assume.
Also, my Dell Latitude has still been serving me well for several years now... and I'm not exactly gentle with it.

windows 10 has decent dpi scaling. are you sure you have 3200x1800, not 1080p?

The scaling is okay, unless you're using more than one monitor. In our office we use 2 QHD monitors attached via the Dell Dock, it would be fine with 2 4K monitors but not if they're different resolutions, seen some hilarious shit with 1080p monitors connected.

I thought the build quality on it was supposed to be a plus?

Worth getting, definitely.

Don't listen to the dumbfuck applel and chinkpad shills.

Yep, it's great. Don't get anything else, they all have ugly as shit boat bezels.

It depends
HP Pavillion are cheap plastic shit
HP Probook are fucking tank

>You just get a Thinkpad
don't listen to this loser

>Probook
You mean Elitebook

I have a Precision 5510 which is basically the enterprise brother of the XPS (except it has much more flexible configurations from the website), would recommend.

Sounds expensive

2 finger scrolling sucks

just buy a mac