I was thinking about replacing my phone + tablet for a phablet. Is a 5...

I was thinking about replacing my phone + tablet for a phablet. Is a 5.5" screen sufficiently comfy to relax with and watch anime on?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7-bootloader-lock-explained-you-might-not-get-aosp-after-all/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to watch films on the galaxy s2

yes 5.5 is good enough for anime. You just have to adapt to it mentally.

source: typing on a 5.5 inch phablet.

It's do-able, some fansubs can be a pain sometime if they use a shitty font but horriblesubs is fine.

No, handheld devices are not for comfy, they are for commute. For comfy use your tv or monitor.
source: I have Note 3, Note Pro and Helix.

What if I'm in bed and my laptop isn't comfy?

use your tv or monitor.

>Note Pro
How is it for taking lecture notes? I use one note on my x220t but it died recently.

I have the xiaomi redmi note 3 and comfortably watch anime on it. It's screen size is awesome. I can use it pretty comfortably too and the price, hardware and battery life is awesome.

If you have a little bit more money and your desire for a phablet knows no bounds then look into the xiaomi mi max. It has 6' inch display, 4gb of ram, 4800 battery but it is 1080p which is amazing because quad HD panels make shit slower, more expensive and drain the battery like crazy.

I kind of wish I got a mi max but I have to say that the phone I have is still awesome.

Seems like note 7 gets different reviews from very bad to very good.
Maybe it would be good for you to wait a little

Pro tip. The Note phones with locked bootloaders are immune to rooting via any exploit because of an Android security feature that is rarely used.

This is an Edge im looking at, not the Note. Too poor for that.

>watching anime
why would anyone do that
s7 edge is better than note 7.

Rooting is possible on mg ATT GS7 even though the bootloader is locked.

That being said I have no personal use for root anymore. Samsung's software allows DPI scaling now, and Adguard blocks all ads. IDK what else I need root for anymore.

I don't think that phone has dm-verity. It's a security feature in addition to the locked bootloader.

I haven't been taking lecture notes since 2011 and X61t, but for business sketches and diagrams Pro works great.
Helix a shit tho, better get some other brand. Way too many issues to list here.

Sounds like I'm stuck with Note 3 forever, or are carrier-free slavland versions unlocked?

But user, wacom!

>DPI scaling
Elaborate on that.

I think the exynos versions have an unlockable bootloader but they're not sold in the US.

it doesn't mean shit. exynos lacks documentation.
xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7-bootloader-lock-explained-you-might-not-get-aosp-after-all/

so no aosp ever.

Yup I just meant for rooting

Did aosp at any point have hardware (wacom most importantly, but also camera and bluetooth) support on par with touchwiz-based roms?
I need gapps for work anyway and prefer my device fully operational rather than "minimalistic".

probably not. same for lg phones.

>owning a tv
>2016
Hello Baby boomer.

phablet isn't a word and you should feel like a retard or an autist for using it