T-Mobile ONE

TMobile has announced changes to its upcoming One phone plan which will eventually be their only plan.

>Launch has been moved up to September 1
>Tethering speed limit increased from 128Kbps to 512Kbps
>Daily HD Video Pass available for $3 per day to remove the 480p limit to video streaming, won't be at launch
>T-Mobile ONE Plus introduced, for +$25 per line per month Tethering is at full speed and unlimited HD video passes and International data speed increased from 128Kbps to 256Kbps

newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/t-mobile-one-amped.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/article_attachments/202626474/openinternet.pdf
eff.org/deeplinks/2016/01/eff-confirms-t-mobiles-bingeon-optimization-just-throttling-applies
eff.org/deeplinks/2016/01/friends-please-tell-t-mobiles-ceo-about-eff
twitter.com/AnonBabble

T-Mobile will still be in violation of the Open Internet Order by throttling video traffic unless given a fee.
File a complaint with the FCC.

consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/article_attachments/202626474/openinternet.pdf

Sometimes I really feel sorry for you Americans, over here I get 5GB of unthrottled LTE for £15/m, and I could get a far better deal elsewhere, all this bollocks with throttling tethered data is a consumer nightmare.

> International data speed
Wait, does that seriously imply what I think it implies?

That is their existing international roaming coverage.

>paying for tethering

I sure hope you guys don't let T-Shit control your own equipment

REPORTED FOR SPAM

>FUCK T MOBILE AND FUCK YOU

its only $5 a month to buy an advert on this pos site, you're a major telecoms provider do the right thing.

>5gb at 15£/month
Shit that's expensive
I have 10gb at 10€/month

This is still a fuckload better than the alternatives.

I agree.

This actually convinced me that net neutrality is bad. T-Mobile is trying to stop a few people from slowing the network down for a ton of other people.
This is why torrent clients support the protocol that throttles the download when there is a lot of other traffic. It's more friendly to other people in the network. Streaming video rapes bandwidth because it needs a higher priority than other traffic to not buffer so at HD it's a bandwidth rapefest unless T-Mobile throttles it.

Good goyim. Why should a business provide the service you pay for if it will increase their costs by 5cents.

Top cuck. You'd probably pay an additional fee if they decided to cap a maximum download size by 200 Mb to fight those 'evil' users abusing the network and clogging up speeds for everyone else.

>Tethering speed limit
How are there going to enforce it? Unless you are stupid/poor enough to own carrier branded phone, I can't see a way of enforcing it.

Tethered data can look different than nontethered data. You can read about how at&t was able to enforce it.

Thanks God I live an ocean away from the USA

Yeah, the only thing that does not rape bandwidth.

So text should be free and included, but if you want video it should be another 25 dollars a month. Want images as well? That's another 25 dollars. Encryption also adds a lot of overhead so if you want to use any encrypted communication that should be another 25 dollars.

It's not SIM only, the UK is known for being pretty expensive for data too.

I have 500MB for £5 a month and it's more than enough. I have WiFi absolutely everywhere I go, and 500MB is just enough to read news, use XMPP, or answer email.

There's a difference between streaming traffic and nonstreaming traffic. Normies usually stream videos instead of downloading the entire video first. Steaming HD videos requires a lot of bandwidth in a short period of time while downloading videos can respect the amount of traffic in the network. When people stream, they expect the video to work almost instantly and not buffer like in cabled networks.

See

>mfw 200/20 fiber got installed
>mfw it's a fucking meme because most servers throttle speed to 4 -13Mbps

Yes, and people expect images to load instantly as well. It requires a lot of bandwidth in a short period of time. We should totally charge extra for that.

Fuck of you retard. Having to pay extra to watch HD video is (it's against net neutrality), and should be illegal.

The answer is always open more threads. This is how FTP worked for decades even.

No wonder why they were giving out free pizzas and shit.

Glad I stayed with cricket, but their no better. I can't even send pictures through messaging. At least the videos stream nice.

Cricket throttles your speeds big time.

I guess, but my entire internet life is throttled.

My ISP is EarthLink (3/0.5mbps), my carrier is cricket, and I live with 6 roommates. We all share the same Internet.

I've just learned to live with it (patience is a virtue, you don't always get to see what you want, prepare for the worst, etc.)

Most people in tech or not have had to deal with dialup growing up or as adults so it won't be hard to find people who understand.

>unironically comparing the size of an HD video to a picture

"a picture"? Try opening a gallery of high resolution images. Will probably be a higher burst than streaming the highly compressed video on for example YouTube.

But even if the images are lower bandwidth it is the idiotic thought that you should have to pay more for specific types of content. That's insane and you would truly have to be a moron to think that this is good for consumers.

T-Mobile is deliberately lowering the quality of other peoples' services, and then demanding that you pay them extra to get access to what you used to have for free. That is bullshit and should be illegal (it already is).

Also, T-Mobile is trolling all videos, not just streaming. EFF found that T-Mobile does deep packet inspection on all traffic and if you got Binge On enabled, it will throttle all types of videos, even if you are downloading it over for example FTP.
The response from T-Mobile was "what the hell is the EFF?"

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/01/eff-confirms-t-mobiles-bingeon-optimization-just-throttling-applies

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/01/friends-please-tell-t-mobiles-ceo-about-eff

Eastlink pisses me off so much, they're sitting on so much dark fiber.

litterally complain that bell is offering a better deal in that area, boom speed doubled instantly.

the only thing I like about eastlink is that my connection never goes down, stable 24/7

Most people would prefer that web browsing is fast than to watch videos above 480p. Also, they changed their data plan so you would get unlimited 2G data too. This benefits most people.

For throttling video downloads, that is unsurprising since that's equivalent to streaming but without compression.
I like the EFF but they really fucked up on this one.

You're either retarded or a shill.
The EFF has not fucked this one up. They are the sane ones here that are actually investigating what scummy things T-Mobile are actually doing. How the fuck can you defend this type of behavior? You should NOT be allowed to deliberately make another company's service worse and then demand that your customers pay extra.

T-Mobile did not even mention that they would do deep packet inspection to detect video downloads and throttle those as well. The EFF had to test that on their own because T-Mobile are as transparent as a brick wall.

Stop posting.

My provider is at&t so I must be retarded.

There is nothing scummy about what they're doing. Companies don't have to pay to get on the list of no data streaming. It's like the acceptable ads initiative but without the blackmailing part.

Websites could send T-Mobile fake packets so it's not surprising that they used deep packet inspection. T-Mobile did exactly what I thought they did before this article was released.

>tripfags telling other people to stop posting

How does this not violate net neutrality rules?

Encrypt traffic, or fake browser user agent is all that's necessary.

>tfw 3gb unthrottled for $45USD/mo
They can't keep getting away with this. That shit lasts me like 6 days

3GB unthrottled LTE for €10 a month here, what I don't use up is transferred into the next month.

But... this is 2016. 3/0.5 for 6 people sounds horrible. My condolences, user.