Smart TVs

>catalog
>no smart TVs thread

Smart TV thread it is then.
I'm going to buy a new TV in a week or two, but it's hard to choose from so many manufacturers and systems. I'm leaning towards LG and their WebOS. Does Sup Forums has anything interesting to say in this topic?

Get a dumb 1080p TV and a digital TV antenna, also a $50 dollar bluray player with netflix on it

smart TVs are scary

CRT is the master race

Smart TVs suck, do NOT pick a smart TV based on the price point, if a TV happens to be smart then just expect to get a separate streaming device like a Roku.

The Roku TVs are decent considering how budget bin they are but they're a lot slower than the actual standalone Rokus. They're still miles ahead of the smart TVs most manufacturers offer.

One of my requirements is not having any camera/microphone spying stuff, just normal IrDA remote and/or pilot on phone via wifi. I want smart TV to be able to stream from youtube/netflix, as I can't have any set-top boxes around my TV

But it's not really practical to hang a 50"+ CRT on wall in somewhat small room :p

You are supposed to make a hole in the wall.

get a television with good scaling,

i,e sony or samsung

What's wrong with LG's scaling?

I think my neighbours will complain if I do so

I would prefer to use an external Roku box, but I really can't have any boxes around TV

Glue a mini HTPC to the back of a non botnet tv.

And how to control it? With wireless keyboard and mouse? It would work for me, but not really for my normie roommates

with RF remote - they don't need LOS to function like IR tv remotes do.

But doesn't that leave me with two different remotes? Again, that's something that I'm looking to avoid. Are 'normal' smart TVs really that bad?

nothing per se, but scaling is the most important feature on televisions above 720p

sony has the best scaling engine atm

best smart Tvos is RokuTV. Tons of TCL tvs come with it. get one of those

Glue your HTPC remote to the back of your TV remote

Smart tvs are slow propritary messes. Like a android stick but with worse software but a nicer looking interface.

>smart TV
no, fuck off internet of shit
>smart car
segmentation fault in the middle of the freeway and hackers stopping your engine
>smart phones
not too bad of an idea
>smart tablets
still not bad

desu I'll stick to real computers and AOSP on my phone, I'm commited to FOSS and im not gonna lose my freedom by surrendering to the botnet

>smartphone
>surrendering to the botnet
pick 2

>AOSP

I can't find a dumb TV that was made this year.
I just want to use Kodi on my RPi - no smart bullshit.

Whats the best Non-smart tv 50-55", no wifi, no nothing, just good quality colours, lowest possible response time, and cheap? If possible 4k but 1080p is okay too.

THANKS

How can I make sure my television is retarded?

what year you guys in that you can find a non smart TV?

if you do find one, it's gonna be some 32 inch $200 insignia/westinghouse shit that looks like complete trash.

4k non smart TV? GL with that senpai

What does it even matter if it's a """smart""" TV or not?
Just don't connect it to the internet.