/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Google Nexus Marlin and Nexus Sailfish will be available for purchase for $599 and $449
phonearena.com/news/Google-Nexus-Marlin-and-Nexus-Sailfish-prices-reportedly-leaked_id84627

ZTE Axon 7 Mini launches (in Europe) despite not being properly announced
phonearena.com/news/ZTE-Axon-7-Mini-launches-in-Europe-despite-not-being-properly-announced_id84631

Blu announces the Pure XR, a $299 phone with an octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM, microSD slot, and a fingerprint sensor
androidpolice.com/2016/08/29/blu-announces-pure-xr-299-phone-octa-core-processor-4gb-ram-fingerprint-scanner/

Moto G4 Play with 5-inch 720p display is coming to Canada
androidcentral.com/moto-g4-play-comes-canada-0-contract

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) spotted, A-series refresh iandroidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-a5-2017-spotted-713119/ncoming

Water-resistant Archos 50 Saphir packs a 5000 mAh battery, costs around $220
phonearena.com/news/Water-resistant-Archos-50-Saphir-packs-a-5000-mAh-battery-costs-around-220_id84641

Blu R1 HD Amazon phone 2 week update
youtube.com/watch?v=hdMovREO2UY

old

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi4c-Mi-4c-4G-FDD-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon808-Hexa-Core-5-0-inch/32476798619.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.bLGKTi&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_301_10033_10059_10032_10058_10017_405_404_407_10040,searchweb201603_2&btsid=bd7d5f9e-d441-4ec7-adcb-4a2999f1af85&af=139736&dp=6378_1472273671_196908daef4da7a1ee65c0f9e6b8d8bf
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371104.html
gizchina.com/2016/08/27/zte-axon-7-review/
phonearena.com/news/Brand-new-HTC-One-A9s-revealed-should-be-announced-at-IFA-2016_id84651
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why haven't you bought a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 yet?

Do you like getting jewed by the flagships?

Do you enjoy ugly interfaces?

Does having a battery that barely lasts a day get you off?

it's too big

>Why haven't you bought a Redmi note 3 yet?
Because I'm getting a Mi 5

If you are a manlet (no shame in it) you can purchase the affordable and comfy Xiaomi Redmi 3.

They have literally thought of everything, based chinks.

When will there be a phone as good as the 2013 Nexus 5?

I've been wanting to upgrade but every phone has some retarded issue or costs $900

>used to own 5x
>bought in canada for $499
>sold it bc of money / don't need those specs

I only use social media, text/calls, pokemon go occasionally, watch YouTube, browse Sup Forums

Is a phone like this a good phone for me?
>aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi4c-Mi-4c-4G-FDD-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon808-Hexa-Core-5-0-inch/32476798619.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.bLGKTi&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_301_10033_10059_10032_10058_10017_405_404_407_10040,searchweb201603_2&btsid=bd7d5f9e-d441-4ec7-adcb-4a2999f1af85&af=139736&dp=6378_1472273671_196908daef4da7a1ee65c0f9e6b8d8bf

What's a phone I can depend on that has a decent enough warranty so I won't be screwed?
Looking for $350 CAD tops.

redmi 3 has no offical cm support or anything like that. I don't want to use miui or gapps.

I prefer smartphones to phablets

What are the downsides of the HTC 10?

>Zuk z2 for 267 on tradingshenzen

AAAAAHHHH

why doesn't this thing have rom support yet? dear lord.

>this FUCKING GUY AGAIN

Are you retarded or have fucking mental issues?

EVERY FUCKING DAY.

>swipe the physical home button for back and recents menu
Why would they do this?

i've only posted here twice m8

you should have kept the 5x and moved on with your life canadafag

read the paradox of choice and (don't) report back

>sold n5x bc of money / don't need those specs

>wants a phone with exactly the same specs but different android skin
kek. what are you smoking?

then you have some canadian doppelganger that posts in this thread every fucking day because he sold his overspecced N5x for a loss because of buyer's remorse and now wants to pay the exact same amount of money he sold it for for an inferior chinkphone

6P will drop in price once the new Nexus comes out

>lying on the internet

could you at least tripfag so I can block you? jesus h. christ

geekbuying too
[Official International Version]

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371104.html

So what is Google gonna do to justify the price of Sailfish and Marlin? It's looking like the 6p will be better.

VR

No one cares about vr

Which color of the redmeme note 3 pro looks best Sup Forums?

yet

The 'Steel' one, not sure what it's called, but it's the darker grey one

BUT you will need a case for this phone as it's slippy as fuck, where I ordered it came with a cheap clear silicon case I had on in temporarily while I ordered a better one.

>cracked zenfone this morning
>bought a RN3 pro
does someone have the link for unlocking it? would like to do it asap

I see. I can only get the gold one currently (available locally). If you don't mind me asking, what's your experience with the note 3? I hope it doesn't feel too "Chinese" if you know what I'm saying.

I've got an affordable Moto G4.

What is Sup Forums s opinion on the oneplus three?

very very good but i'm using the global miui rom, it has some very minor bugs. i think xiaomi.eu would be better

phone has crazy battery life btw

overall phone is very good and only issues are software-side

minor bugs include:
- auto-rotate not working but is fixed by going to gallery and turning auto-rotate off and on
- headphone input sometimes not working right after unplugging headphones (phone thinks headphones are still in despite taking them out) fixed by rebooting ~30 seconds
- deleting an app rearranges icons on the page, fixed by moving app to a page without many icons and deleting then
- installing new apps put them on a new app page, seems to be fixed with the latest miui 8 update
- stock weather app spells my city wrong but it works fine, you can disable it completely and use the google weather app

Price. That's about it, really. Solid phone all around. Get it if you can get it at less than MSRP.

Thanks for mini review. Can't wait to get mine.

I just got a BlackBerry Priv direct from BlackBerry for about $500 without tax.

Did I do good?

Oh yeah, pic related.

Anyone here have the Axon 7? I'm worried about mine. Caught it randomly resetting yesterday and assumed it was an update but today midphone call it restarted as well. It's barely four days opened.
Could a faulty SIM card do this?

In my opinion after using it for a few weeks:

-Battery is only okay (3.5h SOT, not rooted) but most flagship barely push that.
-Bitch to get screen protector for because 2.5D screen
-Non-removeable battery means you might shell out 20-30 bucks before warranty ends for a replacement if you're a heavy user
-Capacative buttons are good but I hit them with my hand fatpads.

Overall a solid phone, plan to root it soon when I stop being lazy, but it's good all around. Hits a lot of good points with no big issues.

gizchina.com/2016/08/27/zte-axon-7-review/

>Software is the major issue that ZTE has with the Axon 7. So far I have not received a single update in the month I have had this phone, and I am not convinced any will come anytime soon, and this is a major worry.

>From the get go, the Axon 7’s dodgy OS has been a little irritating. The start up wizard constantly crashed when first setting the phone up, and what should have been a 5 minute process turned in to an hour slog.

>I’ve had issues with notifications not coming through all the time (similar issue to the OP3), but my major complain is the caller ID doesn’t work. Although my contacts are in the phone I never know who is calling, yet the call history words as you would expect.

Software is full of bugs.
ZTE always finds a way to produce a buggy piece of shit.

Fucking hell, I actually wanted to get this thing. Lucky I ordered a Mi 5.

>chinkphones
How many times will Sup Forums fall for this meme

>have z3 compact

What's a good upgrade?

I want muh root and custom roms but Nexii look like shit

anyone use US mobile?

was planning on getting a moto g and switching to them

Would rooting it fix anything? Ive never done such a thing though.

>phonearena.com/news/Brand-new-HTC-One-A9s-revealed-should-be-announced-at-IFA-2016_id84651

Last year, HTC raised some eyebrows by releasing the One A9, a mid-range, metal-made Android smartphone that many saw as having an iPhone-like design (though that's debatable, since one could argue that the iPhone borrowed design elements from older HTC handsets first). Now, according to Venture Beat, HTC is almost ready to unveil a successor to the One A9, reportedly called One A9s.

I don't think I could use a phone that doesn't have an LED screen.

Anyone feel the same?

Moto X Pure Edition or Xperia Z3?

I really like the features the moto x pure offers. The only real iffy point I've heard about it is battery life, but it has quick charge 2 so I'm not terribly worried

Meanwhile I don't think i've ever read something positive about an Xperia outside of /spg/

Posted on the old thread but was already on auto sage

I'm considering impulse buying the one plus 3

But I also want muh $599 pure Google experience

I've owned every nexus phone up to this point

Pls help

Anyone would help me with this?
Is 512mb ram enough to read ebooks in this day and age?

Moto.

ask

>buying the 6p with Android 7.0 in mind

How is it?
Is the 6p worth buying post-new nexus?
I don't need the latest tech, but interested in the front facing speakers.
Anyone have heat issues? I know the 5x doesn't manage it well.

Sony Xperias are pretty much Nexi devices + SD slot + top tier battery so get that instead, like the Z5

>Shit screen
>Usable screen
Pick your poison

Get a kobo or Kindle, there's no point in saving there.

both are ridden with DRM though.
I don't want to support them

Just use flight mode or jailbrake it. Tbh, if you want a good ebook reader you'll have to live with it and find ways around it.

>pretty much nexi devices
>updates take half a year until they hit the devices

Only thing i don't like about my Nexus5 is that its got no card slot.. Currently using an S4 for music

AT&T, ~$400 budget, burgerland, current phone is a Galaxy S5.

Axon 7, or Honor 8?

>very little bloat
>1440p display
>3000 mAh battery
>SD card slot
>moderately priced

So what's the catch?

Isn't the SOC budget?

Honor 8.
see
>$400
>SD652
You can get an SD820 flagship for that much.

redmi 3s or mi 5 when it comes down to custom roms? I do not with to use the miui rom honestly (or only with xposed and xprivacy installed)

I can afford a proper phone chinkmaster

SD820 flagship with similar specs? Such as.. ?

>not a nexus
It's like you don't want the pure stock android experience.
The way it's meant to be experienced, straight from Google.

OP3, Axon, Mi 5. Just don't get a fucking Alcatel with a SD652 for 400 fucking USD. The phone is totally not worth 400.

OP3, Axon 7, Mi5, Le Max 2, Zuk Z2, Honor 8 (Kirin, but it's just as fast) etc.

>1440p
So Axon 7 is the only real competitor in the price range, but ZTE software seems a bit funky at the moment.

Do you really need 1440p?

anybody running official CM13 on RN3P has an problem with the screen flashing blue for a fraction of a second during boot right between the MI start-up screen and the CM loading screen

I find it very, very triggering.

For VR purposes, yes.

Then it is your only option, but i doubt the SD652 will be enough, though.

Nexus 6P also seems viable even though it's pretty big and the bending meme seems pretty real. Hoping the price drops a little after new Nexus phones come out.

any other problems you can report with CM13?
I was thinking of buying that phone to use with CM.

Can someone explain what the fuck the OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 is? Does it mean the phone isn't getting the usual unofficial ROMs like Cyanogen?

OxygenOS is basically OP's version of CM/AOSP. The OP3 has CM support, too. I think they even put a topic dedicated to this on their site and such.
Custom ROM support for the OP3 is the last thing you should worry about anyways.

Hello Sup Forums, I'm looking for a new phone. My requirements:

-Something newer
-Under 5.5 inches, preferably smaller
-Not shit battery
-CyanogenMod support (preferably official)

pls help

dude you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I've been using eReaders for years, and let me tell you - do NOT buy an Android eReader ever, it's a fucking awful experience.

get a Kobo. no DRM at all, it's actually quite open, unless you buy the book from the Kobo store. you can very easily sideload ePubs.

S7 Edge at 620€ or wait for the base iPhone 7 at 700 since I just want the fastest non bug-ridden phone (which exclude the OP3 and others chinkshit) ?

Looking for a phone to easily install cyanogenmod on and with good battery, looking at the nexus 5 but not sure if it'll have the latest version of cyanogenmod or if they even still update it
>UK
>O2
>good battery
>£300
>5inch-ish

What's Sup Forums approved torrent app?

5x is under 300 squids right?

you can also install cyanogen on redmi note 3 pro for half the price.

Just bought a 64GB iPhone SE. Going to submit a price guarantee request to my credit card company to bring the $500 down to US Cellular's $300. If I can't match then I'll return it. Or is the SE's price likely to drop below $300 new within 90 days due to iPhone 7?

Nexus 5x, assuming that meets your non shit battery requirement (it isn't the best at battery)
If not there's probably some chinkshit

Flud

I think the reason is Xperia just isn't popular. Every review Ive ever seen has boiled down to good phone/too expensive.
Since you are buying an older one, it won't be too expensive.

Anyone recommend me a semicheap chinkphone (

Redmeme note 3 pro

Is the Moto G4 plus worth it, or should I just get the normal G4?

Redmeme note 3 pro

My GF's son has the 1st gen Moto G, I'd like to upgrade him a bit for

RN3P, try to get the Taiwan edition if you can with Band 4.

Who /hypefornexus/ here

I've been waiting for months for a new phone
They better deliver

Why are people recommending the Taiwan edition aka the Kate? It has significantly less developer support.

Get him a Redmi note 3 cuck

what's the Sup Forums approved launcher? been using trebuchet but i want something other

Everyone here smashes their dick to Nova.

>Nova if you are M-MUH STOCK ANDROID fag
>Atom

Xiaomi shills, how well does Cyanogen work on the RN3P right now? Any glaring issues? How's the battery life?

Android Marshmallow introduced Now on Tap from holding down the home button, Android Nougat introduced multiwindow support by holding down the multitasking button. What will holding down the back button do in Android O?