From a technological standpoint, was Lain right?

From a technological standpoint, was Lain right?

No. Now fuck off laincuck. Your anime was shit and lain is the cancer killing Sup Forums.

found the guy who doesn't understand what what's lain about

Get back to /r9k/

>muh 2deep4u normalfag response

Fuck off amd cuck

Wow man I bet you're real proud of your Linux desktop!!!

probably not important if the people shoving it down our throats are pretentious

This. Laincucks are pretentious faggots like lincucks are. This board deserves to be a maki board because of how cancerous laincucks are.

good thread

I'm working hard to drive laincucks off Sup Forums and make it great again. They were never welcome here to begin with.

What Lain is abou then?

i really want Sup Forums to stop visiting

Nothing, lain is about nothing.

>the internet and all forms of electronic communication are a new layer of reality that will eventually bleed out into and manifest physically in 3 dimensional space
>this new layer of reality has its own God
>big corporations behind the scenes attempting to control it
>shadow organizations producing their own bleeding edge hardware

Its a neat concept. I love the VR/AR otaku wandering around the city.
Not at all grounded in reality though. Electrons in wires aren't magic.

angsty fag. we're all laughing at ur autism

Love live! Is there official anime of Sup Forums.

Not everyone gives a shit. Not everyone comes here for pretentious fedora shit like that or Linux. Some of us just want to talk about cute girls and phones.

I miss that old pretentious discussions on internet. Now with "le we normie" and Sup Forumsshittards everything merged into one big guano.

those people are better than us. we want to talk about technology and they tell us to chillax with their anime

I think the whole idea of the Internet (Wired) and the real world meshing together into an undeterminable mass is already happening. Think about how social media covers and influences current events, and the extent that the Internet is used in the daily lives of many people.

Augmented reality in the way of a future Google Glass delivering targeted ads to the individual in public spaces will be eerie to say the least. Shop windows, billboards, street signs, all overlapped with adverts that know who you are as a person.

>Black market ad-block implants

Wasn't it more of finding out a way of having the internet interact with the noosphere? Though while the noosphere isn't real, the idea wasn't unique to SEL (considering it isn't called the noosphere in SEL) and goes along well with the whole conspiracy theory theme.

Yes, IPv6 actually included a secret protocol that interfaces with human minds.

I thought avatarfagging was against the rules

>Some of us just want to talk about cute girls and phones.
For people like you, there's Reddit. Faggot.

Fuck you dude. Lain was really good. Much more original than all the other mass produced Moe shit.

>mass produced Moe shit.

Things like books, computer storage systems etc. are just extensions of the human brains. Things which are described in them don't objectively "exist", because they require at least a human brain to decipher and contemplate them (and in the case of computer systems they also require electricity and possibly other running computer systems). If you argue that the Internet is a reality of its own then you might as well argue that stories in books or even human dreams or imagination is a reality of its own. It isn't. Take away the human factor and this whole "reality" vanishes, because there isn't anyone there anymore to contemplate it (or even to sustain it).

"Mass produced moe shit" is just a buzzword. While there is no denying that there is anime that gets made just for profit off sweaty neets and weeaboos, a lot of anime about cute girls like yuri yuri is very good.

that's a window manager

Right about what?

>not mentioning Mr Robot Mass Zombie shit

predictions, i assume. i think lain pretty much nailed it

predictions on what Sir Knowitall ? Your being too broad

R9k is waiting cuck

This genuinely made me laugh. Thanks user. : )

a lain thread derailing into pure shitposting this fast is a sign of the end times for Sup Forums

That why we go to lainchan and /sci/

Considering the year SLE was made in, it was surprisingly accurate and prescient.

Why does most anime have to suck so much?

why arent you there right now?

>/sci/
oh lordie

Have fun the average of 7 posts per hour across the entire site.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>watch lane
>wtf did i watch

Lain was about how in the coming days society will be sucked into technology and virtual world.

It will be more important what is someone saying on twitter than in the real world.

And they were right.

Thats what was SE Lain was about, nothing more.

And you don't seem to understand

was meant for

predictions on technology probably, there isn't anything else SEL really tried to predict.

It took place in its own universe with it's own technological advancements different of ours, yes it was technologically correct.

tfw can't shitpost using schumann frequency to get wi-fi

feels bad, man

Best description of lain up to date

maki sucks almost as bad as the nerds who worship her

let's all love lain

pot calling the kettle black

According to the director I remember it being about something along the lines of Japanese culture being subsumed by Western(American) culture and how this effects the minds and lives of Japanese people.

nice meme loser