Poor performance

Okay so I think I have a decent rig, i5, 8g ddr4, nvidia 970gtx, $50 1tb 7200rpm hd. I can't hardly play shit with it, Ark can barely play on low, and h1z1 on low. It's windows 7 and takes quite a while to boot up. Shouldn't I be able to play these games better than this, even shelter 2 plays like shit. I am on dsl though, only thing available lol.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/download/desktop
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ddr4

>takes quite while to boot

Lol something wrong with yours, check temp and hdd. Gtx970 is no way play at low on that games.

#1: Are you actually plugged into the GPU for video? I've seen idiots plug into the mobo's outputs thinking any port works.
#2: Install/Reinstall Drivers
#3: Reinstall Windows. Get a plain-jane copy. Not some hacked-up "MEGA LITE XXLITE GURU3D H3KER" tuend up copy.

>2016
>no SSD

there's your problem

Lol yes it's running from the 970, and I've reinstalled drivers. My windows is a bootleg, removewat etc shit. It plays metal gear fine which makes me think the dsl is affecting my games.

buy an SSD, even a 128 gb one if you have to

put ubuntu on it, keep the 1tb HDD and use it for storage, load OS from your SSD

give up gaming, you don't have to get a life, just give up gaming though

>poor performance
>970
found the problem, wait for vega and stop getting cucked by nvidia

I hardly ever game, just once in a while I want to play something. Do I have to wipe my hdd or just add an ssd and install Windows on that and transfer what I need? I also have an external 1tb I use if that makes a difference

download malwarebytes to remove any malware
go to your good ol' friend Nvidia control panel, and scroll down to "power management" and put it in high performance.

Have malwarebytes and avg. Nvidia is set to high

I forgot to mention, what specific CPU do you have, and what resolution are you running games.

>Do I have to wipe my hdd or just add an ssd and install Windows

you have to install Ubuntu, make sure you grab the AMD64 version (its the 64 bit OS)

ubuntu.com/download/desktop

install it onto your SSD, you don't have to wipe your HDD but I would just to start fresh

Also, I really wouldn't trust a pirated OS, I don't care how "clean" or reliable your source is, you just don't fucking use something that could be compromised at a point as deep as the OS level

if there is OS level malware you wouldn't even know about it, no matter how many times you run ccleaner, malwarebytes, tdsskiller, or any of the best anti virus programs there are out there.

use wine for the games you still really want to play. but give up gaming now, before you get RSI and carpal tunnel.

You're not trying to play the game on the combined resolution of your 3 monitors, are you? Sorry for asking but I don't know how smart or dumb you are.

I think 3570 I cant recall, I'd look but I'm not home now. Normally 1920x1080

Lol not my setup just a photo

> windows 7
Found your problem

>removewat
r u fukken kidding me

/thread until OP answers this post

The only thing left so far is to make sure the graphics card is connected to the first pci x16 slot and that the graphics card is not in eco mode.

hahaha

>#3

Answered it nigger.

Believe it's in the 2nd slot, wouldn't clear being in 1st, fat fucker

>didnt reply to the post he answered
nigger

So where do I get a real copy of Windows 7, I dont wanna pay for that shit. I just want God damn xp back.

removewat has been borked for as long as i can remember. i can't believe that people still use that shit.

surely you didn't just download a copy of windows from piratebay?
surely you downloaded a real iso from the digitalriver mirror and just used dazloader?
surely you're not completely inept?

>Can't play ARK or H1Z1 that well
Because those games are horribly unoptimized. Try Crysis 2/3 as a benchmark.

Digital River Mirror + DazLoader. Verify the DazLoader MD5 so you don't get a botnet.

Caught me. Got it probably 6 years ago, used a multiple pcs no problem recently it was saying not genuine, used daz loader to fix that.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3558CC5A599841B3BAA98D960E259CAA66748E6D

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3745914E391062A36E58EB7973C7C7C3E20F6D8F

i don't even know where to begin with you.

try installing a real copy of windows to remove any botnets you have acquired in the last 6 years.
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

i got an fx 8320 and a 970 and i can play h1z1 on highest settings.

something up with your PC.

check drivers or temps

>i5
>8GB
>no SSD
>Didn't even post mobo or psu
>DSL

Please be poor in another hobby. PCs aren't for you.

Download speccy and post your build. Also a picture of your computer's guts might also help.

>ddr4
>3570(k)

Found your problem OP. surprised it even boots

Can't till I'm home
Yeah processor is like 5 years old and can't even overclock the shit. I built the computer from parts out of computers people would bring in to recycle when I worked at staples years ago. Stuff was good at the time. Card I bought about a year ago, only thing that's been changed

Your CPU does not support DDR4.