Gaming Desktop

Anything I could change?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N9kbKZ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QRQLsJ
anandtech.com/bench/product/1273?vs=1544
extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Intel processor
2. SSD

You should probably change the board you're posting on. Please read the sticky.

>Sup Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Sorry,first time on Sup Forums

You can get one of those sweet pentiums that OC like a dream and a mobo that can support the OC for a similar price (probably a bit more) and you should get a WD blue 1tb. Less capacity but it won't blow up after a week like the Seagates tend to do. Besides, 1tb is plenty of capacity to start with.

save up more money and get a real (intel) cpu and an actual (nvidia) graphics card

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N9kbKZ

Yes, put the firefighting department on speed dial

>trying to built a shooty tooty comp of duty
>on Sup Forums

>being so fat and slow you need to add "999" to a speed dial

get an i5 instead

n/v/idiot shill fuck off

Thanks for the sugestions

Whats wrong with Nvida

This build makes your build shit OP
especially that he managed put 4 core i5 there, I expected i3, but he even went for better gpu...

amazing

they have paid shills on this board 24/7, for the sole purpose of marketing their shit gpus, and their fans are worse than macfag teir

1) power supply and ram seem overpriced
2) a better cpu. That cpu will bottleneck the GPU. May I recommend the i5 6400/6500 or similar
3) SSD
4) get a worse gpu if you can't afford the better cpu
And you are golden

stop shilling nvidiot

please dont make new threads for building advice.
use to find the dedicated thread.

just going by the benchmarks and the price

If my custom build is so bad. (Which it probably is)
Could someone make me a gaming computer priced around £500 or £600

>going by paid nvidia shilling outlets
9/15 of the games tested in that are gameworks and therefore not reliable for benchmarking

nigger can you read you retard?

stupid

by supporting nvidia you are destroying the future of gaming both in terms of software but also hardware.

Christ. It's like
>I'm Poor: The Build.
Coming to theatres whenever it finally manages to boot.

what's the best way to get rid of shills?

Nuke India.

fuck off shill

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QRQLsJ
here

If you're going to game at least get more RAM (2x8) and remove the DVD drive nobody uses that shit anymore.

no one cares you drooling nigger

How's he gonna install the operating system

DERP

LUL I'm dumb

everyone has a brainfart once in a while. no worries.

That PSU? Really?

"Guys you know your dick goes in your pants not personality"

>gaming
>desktop
Pick one

>56328121
Yeah, no

the CPU. get an intel nigga

Switch the CPU with an Athlon X4 845. This is assuming you want an AMD chip. Also you'll need a different motherboard.

Guys there's no need to be so rude its my first time trying to build it. If you want to talk about something I know a lot more about , we could discuss what the inside of your mum feels like

getting AMD before ZEN is like using the money to wipe your ass and flushing them

Well, it's $70 for around i5-6400 level preformance.

>passmark

Your point?

It's about a third of the price of that Intel chip, and still competes with it.

passmark is not an accurate benchmark

quit games, get a job, grow up

It's in the ballpark, and that's what's important here.

No it's not. FX 4000 is half as fast as the latest intel i5

anandtech.com/bench/product/1273?vs=1544

Please leave

I'm fine staying here

Mostly just your life choices. Gaming is a big money sink, money that can be better spent on making your life better.

And all that time spent playing games can be spent learning how to program or an instrument.

hell if you like games so much make your own and sell it. At least that'd be a good use of your time.

What the fuck don't get a Kingston SSD. Those things got gimped H A R D.
extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews

Get an Intel CPU or wait for Zen. I'd do the latter, there's a chance it'll BTFO Intel. AMD CPUs, at least at the moment, have absolutely shit IPC, meaning they aren't that fast even at high clock speeds. You could consider a Pentium G3258 for a cheap CPU, but a Haswell i3 is good enough for most games, at least from my experience.

GPU is fine, I might go with the Sapphire version. You could consider the GTX 1060, but the RX 480 does better on DX12 and Vulkan from what we've seen.

I'd get an SSD as well, just not the Kingston or PNY ones, they have godawful memory controllers which gimps their speed.

You're overpaying for RAM, nobody ever uses DVDs anymore, and you're overpaying for the PSU.

They gimp their old graphics cards and the cards doesn't have real Async compute, making them bad for DX12 and Vulkan (from what we've seen). Plus the 3.5/4 scandal and all that shit.

Where's the OS?

This but with half the RAM and an SSD = good. CPU cooler not really necessary though IMO. Stock would work if noise isn't a big problem.

Sup Forumsentoo?

Fuck off

I've picked out a bunch of parts that I think will go well for an upgraded PC I want to invest in. The only confusing thing for me is sockets/chipsets and what compatible motherboards they yield, I think I managed so sus it out though.

The goal is to make an ITX form factor build that is energy efficient, QUIET and somewhat future proof. I want to invest in an Ultrawide monitor as well at some point, so it will need to be able to push around that many pixels on modern gaming titles. Don't care if I only get high setting as apposed to ULTRA, or have to turn off some shit; anything is better than the GTX 650 I'm rocking atm :((((

Can I get some feedback on the parts I've picked out? Keeping in mind that the focus is quiet, cool, power efficient while remaining able to push around Ultrawide resolutions on a 34" display.

I like the case, the CPU draws fuck all power, the CPU cooler is apparently quiet as fuck, the RAM is RAM, the video card is the best priced 1070 I could find in Australia, the power supply is modular, both the video card and power supply shut fans off when not under load. The only thing I'm not set of spending $$ on is the motherboard. I'm sure I could find a better priced ITX motherboard with a decent amount of fan connections, decent amount/diversity of outputs on the IO. Wifi + bluetooth on the motherboard aren't necessary (got an ethernet connection) but are always a useful feature if the PC ever needs to move somewhere else.

>where's your HDD/SSD(s)?
Have an okay SSD and an okay HDD in my PC atm so there's no point in buying anything new.
>why is everything so expensive?
Australia
>why don't you just buy everything on Amazon/newegg for cheap prices?
Australia
>why do you have to pay $173984724982930 for shipping your parts to you?
Australia

(All the $amounts are in AUD)

Thoughts pls?

And of course I'm a fuck head and forgot the picture, here it is

most people would realistically ask you first