Sup Forums RSS-Feeds

Hey Sup Forums

Does any of you autists actually use RSS to get your news?
I actually watched all these sites to get my news, and now I want to make a list of good RSS-Feeds so I save time.

So, what are your feeds Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=
youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC2C_jShtL725hvbm1arSV9w
googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?key=&forUsername=&part=id
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1760-youtube-rss-feed
reddit.com/r/Python/comments/48k9kg/feedbuffer_buffer_rss_and_atom_syndication_feeds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

Yeah, I get my news from RSS feeds. I use tt-rss, what do you use?
I'm looking for a client that can handle youtube feeds, since the published dates are all messed up.

>I'm looking for a client that can handle youtube feeds

This. I don't want to have to make an account and subscribe to stuff.

bump for interest, i'm also interested in starting using rss feed, what clients do you use?

I use feedly as an aggregator.

i'm like 99% sure the youtube rss feed was deprecated in an API version change like 2 years ago and doesn't work anymore

you need to scrap & parse channel pages periodically for new videos.

Feedly is love, Feedly is life.

Been using RSS feeds since forever, why would I want to visit x amount of sites just to see if there's any new content when an RSS reader can do it for me?

>mfw i had an rss feed on my desktop on my 2009 laptop and now i forgot how to do it all

it's hard to wake up from a coma

I don't use RSS for news, but I do use it for automatically downloading chinese cartoons

most of my feeds are from twitter.

also, try newsbeuter.

Yes, I use a bunch of RSS/Atom feeds and have been doing so for years. I have also written some manual scrapers and various tools related to it. I started with RSSOwl, then switched to QuiteRSS and now I'm using a locally hosted instance of Tiny Tiny RSS.

You are wrong:

> youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=

youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC2C_jShtL725hvbm1arSV9w

Oh wow, it does work. What the fuck. I swear to god I looked into this like a year ago and you couldn't do it. Thanks! I've been wanting a way to easily sort my subscriptions into types.

I admit that YouTube has had some strange fuck-ups regarding the RSS feeds. For one afaik the RSS feed only appears in the Videos-section, then for some smaller channels it isn't linked at all etc.

So keep this URL prefix and as a last resort find out the channel IDs of the channels you want to subscribe to.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find it, the RSS feed discovery in Firefox doesn't even recognize them.

Looks like I can grab the channel id with an API call like

googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?key=&forUsername=&part=id

Should work well :)

Neat, enjoy.

Any particular reason why you use TT-RSS instead of something like Feedly?

I dislike cloud services and would much rather have the core functionality and programs of my system run locally - I feel much less reliant on third parties that way.

Since I am using Linux. setting up a local instance of tt-rss wasn't a huge problem, and I am free to choose how to set up the instance, e.g. feed update intervals, number of stored feed entries etc. (not sure if Feedly has any limits).

An additional benefit is better privacy, which is always a concern with cloud services.

To add to that: I'm not sure if and what filtering functionality Feedly supports: however the filtering/search functionality is pretty powerful in TT-RSS, even if a bit cumbersome to set up. I wouldn't want to do without that.

I use RSS to get updates for youtube channels

Fair enough, makes sense for your use-case

I use 2 instances of QuiteRSS (since there's nothing better). The first keeps track of music releases, the second is for news/youtube/everything else.
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1760-youtube-rss-feed
Because Feedly is awful cloud shit

Why are you running two instances? Is it because of the shitty desktop notification system which doesn't support filtering by assigned labels?

I use newsbeuter when I use console.

On desktop - liferea. It is bloated as fuck, but it werks.

I also saw this some time ago on reddit: reddit.com/r/Python/comments/48k9kg/feedbuffer_buffer_rss_and_atom_syndication_feeds/

However I haven't gotten around to renting a VPS and setting it up yet. I suppose a Raspberry Pi would also work.

It keeps things organized, everything in a single instance is too much. It also means I can have different external applications & settings, so music/videos open with different mpv+yt-dl settings.

I still don't really get it, you can create an unlimited number of folders and even use various filters to assign labels to sort the stuff. So your first point is moot.

I suppose I can see the second point.

>feeds
EFF Action Center
EFF Deeplinks
powerpc-notebook.org feed
Hackaday blog
IBTimes Science
IBTimes Technology
NewtonTalk
SeaMonkey Project News
Vinyl Done Right
>client
Opera 12.16

"Opera 12 was released on 14 June 2012."

Am I missing something or are you using a 4 year old browser? How can that possibly be secure.

I use it for qbittorrent...

It's three years old and it's not, but it's the best browser available. I'll continue to use it until either something better comes out or it no longer works with the modern web. Probably the latter.

I get the attachment to old Opera, although I'm happy with Firefox. That just seems like a lot of risk to take on for what I imagine are mostly UX preferences. I guess safe computing/browsing practices go a long way though. Maybe one day Vivaldi will be comparable to legacy Opera, though I'm not holding my breath.

>That just seems like a lot of risk to take on for what I imagine are mostly UX preferences
Anything sensitive such as banking is done in SeaMonkey, I've always got both open when I'm browsing.
>Vivaldi
Top fucking kek, Vivaldi will never be anything but utter shit.

I just use rss feeds to seed trackmenot.

feedly vs inoreader.

which one does Sup Forums prefer?

newsbeuter ofc

ino