Tips on speeding up firefox

tips on speeding up firefox

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_tweaks
lifehacker.com/5687850/speed-up-firefox-by-moving-your-cache-to-ram-no-ram-disk-required
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_tweaks#Performance
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_on_RAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uninstall it and replace it with Chrome.
Nobody uses Firefox for speed.

chrome fucks all of your RAM

>he fell for the 16GiB of RAM

I'm gonna stick with firefox

If it's slow after a vanilla install with zero modifications, there's not much you can do about it.

Are you using a hard drive instead of a solid state drive?

speedyfox?

install gentoo

install ublock origin
install new tab override and set about:blank as new tab url

in about:config:
animate.tabs = false
crashrep......... = false
pocket.enabled = false
reader.parseonload......... = false
pdfjs.disabled = true

in about:preferences set about:blank as homepage
advanced -> turn off update search engines, spell check, data choices

it does if you have 40 tabs open you retarded fucks.

about:config

search for 200 200, replace with 0 0

check installgentoo.wikia.com's firefox page for more tweaks

chrome has slowdowns on many websites where firefox doesnt, i dont care about ram i have 16 gigs of it, but more often than not chrome has higher cpu usage than firefox and that is just plain unacceptable when it has worse performance.

also chrome smooth scrolling works like shit and doesnt work in drop down menus, where it instead just instantly scrolls more than a page worth of content if the dropdown menu isnt at least half a screen long and you are forced to use scroll bar. Firefox is the only browser on windows that can maintain 60 fps stable smooth scrolling on almost every website.

Talking about speed on high end setups is pointless. It loads instantly for me, same with chrome.

Since speed isn't a competing point, the only other thing is the interface and extensions available. obviously, firefox has far more extensions, therefore its objectively better than Chrome.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_tweaks

wtf is even wrong with you OP, Firefox is just as fast as Chrome on my 2015 i3 2,0ghz 4gb memory machine.
Here's what I do:
- ublock origin
- plugins click to play
- running on Linux
- between 2-10 tabs open at a time

I really don't know where this meme with slow FF comes from, it's super fast.

honestly if you want as many tabs and faster browsing you want more RAM and better CPU

lifehacker.com/5687850/speed-up-firefox-by-moving-your-cache-to-ram-no-ram-disk-required

So?

Pretty much any addon also create 1-3 new processes, thus eating up more RAM.

this is a bad idea, any modern version of firefox will dynamically allocate memory to cache resources optimally. disabling the disk cache like that article suggests will reduce startup speed and slow anything that relies on having a file on disk to manipulate (since it must be written to disk from the memory now)

the actual best tips are use e10s and pick your addons carefully to avoid resource hungry ones.

>he doesn't browse the web with an ancient ThinkPad

also these are pretty good, though im skeptical that disabling pocket will really give appreciable gains.

reader.parse-on-load.enabled = false
extensions.pocket.enabled = false
browser.tabs.crashReporting.sendReport = false
browser.tabs.animate = false

fixed that for latest firefox

Why font and image-pics rendering are better in Firefox than Chrome?
I'm using Windows 10 at 150% scaling

I do so and it honestly runs faster as long as you stick to some tweaking that most casuals are too lazy to undergo or too numb to even care
Nicely enough, a simple script solves about 90% of the shore whenever in a brand new firefox.

Use Light, it's a stripped down Firefox.

what speed are you talking about?
how long pages take to load?
what about youre internet connection speed?
wtf is this type of tism?

Any browser recommendations for a Pentium 4 512 mb machine ?İnstalling lubuntu on it right now.

Chrome/Chromium knows how to use the resources, the multiprocess is mature and stable. I wish to use Firefox because privacy and rice but it's slow as fuck compared to Chromium. They implemented the multiprocess but it's a fucking joke. I'll wait until they will get their shit together and make a good browser. You can't deny that Chrome/Chromium is more secure, more stable and better in many cases. It's just smooth. Firefox is not.

I could not find any values named crashrep......... or reader.parseonload.........

pls help did I get the number of dots wrong?

What were you using that RAM for anyways. That magical RAM disk that has no benefit regardless?

>install gentoo

It was to show 'etc.'
just type 'crashrep' and 'reader.parse' and it will show up

Sadly this is all true. My main browser is Firefox but I use Chromium on the side for sites that it just can't handle like Hangouts.

ln -s /usr/bin/chrome /usr/bin/firefox

im really thinking about abandoning FF for good, all videos I watch have a 5 second delay at the start for some reason. Not to mention constant crashes because it can't handle a mere 10 tabs.

Upgrade your PC, it shouldn't be slow on anything more than 2GB RAM and a decent processor. I have no problems with it, it's just as fast as any browser. On other hand, you could try installing Opera. It's the best chromium browser right now, even better than chrome.

Just use Linux with GNU IceCat which is a better firefox. You'll thank me.

Use the Aurora branch instead. Still has a bit of bloatware, but it's lightning fast and more stable than the stable branch.

Fucking use waterfox with ublock origin. All meme features disabled, runs a lot faster, ublock blocks all of the garbage.

K-Meleon.

Aurora > Waterfox.

Install Aurora (Developer Edition), make sure e10s is enabled, and install uBlock Origin. There, your Firefox is now fast.

E10s is enabled by default on Aurora.

use cyberfox

enable ipv6 if your router supports it

>on gentoo I can install aurora by appending bindist to a file

Some faggot posted a thread along the lines of:

>Firefox recommended add ons
>Mozilla recommended extensions

and got a First Post Best Post reply with some great resources and guides.... Now I can't find it.... anyone have any such links similar to privacytools.io and prismbreak?

Never mind, found it:

Install palemoon

Refresh your user profile. It can be done in Help -> Troubleshooting Information.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_tweaks#Performance
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firefox_on_RAM

Get a job and buy an SSD you piece of shit.

If not Firefox or chrome, then what?
What's a good browser that supports universal web protocols?

Firefox is actually faster than Chrome on Android. Desktop there isn't really a difference besides Chrome propensity to eat all the ram. If you love having the Google botnet then by all means remain continue on. Ignorance is bliss.

Stop using a potato.

>no webm

On a Pentium D 945 w/ 4GB and not facing slowdown.