Is HDR a meme?

Is HDR a meme?

Kill yourself.

damn that's a good looking picture. iPhone??

It's a bit overexposed.

Yes, it is.

not sure, it's from google

Looks nothing like IRL

HDR can be used excellently and poorly.
Most of the time it gets used for psycahdellic results with high saturation but I wouldn't call it a meme considering that its not incredibly popular.

It's just three photos with different exposures meshed together so you can see evetything. Nothing crazy special about it. It's not great on phones yet so it's still relatively annoying and tone consuming to pull off well because of light balance.

True HDR doesn't exist

This, it can be really useful in many circumstances

When you use it for shit like that, yes.

That combined exposure looks a bit flat though. I would still exposure compensate it down a couple of steps, but it is a good example of how you can get details from both the dark and light areas into the one photo.

Completely unedited HDR from my Nexus 6P. I think it's pretty neat.

Looks like nothing at all. Maybe bits of the trees and parts of the hills would have been darker, but not by a great deal. Could have just adjusted the levels.

>huge post covering the left side of the frame
shit photo senpai

Yes, so is color gamuts and contrast ratio altogether. When I use my PC I just stare at a black screen with 0 nits brightness. Anything more is a placebo snakeoil gimmick meme.

Is this Arma 3?

the thread is about photo HDR dumbass

True, but it looks really nice. And to me that's more important than looking like irl.

irl looks bland and boring.

HDR video is pretty cool.

No.

I've done comparisons, HDR is a fucking godsend for the not so great cameras like in my redmi 3.

Will upload same image with HDR disabled for comparison.

This is with HDR turned off.

In the right situation it can make a big impact. Not so great at night shots though since it does take longer to process and the slightest vibration will blur the image

The background looks like the hills in GTA 5 to me

Night shots are just a pain in the ass if you have a bright pin source of light in it. They're not really what HDR is for because that light source isn't affecting a sizable portion of the frame but it will fuck out more if you extend the exposure.

HDR is made for pictures where extremes of light and dark are together

Is this mostly HDR, or is there a shit-ton of more stuff used to get this kind of result?

A lot of post.

>Walking around building sites at night while browsing Sup Forums on your smartphone.

Just what's wrong with you?

I was bored