Sup Forums I'm close to falling for the Noctua meme...

Sup Forums I'm close to falling for the Noctua meme. Are these truly the superior choice for high air movement and low noise, or is this straight reddit-tier overpriced garbage?

Corsair is better

They are worth the price. I have all noctuas in my case and it's dead silent.

You can find fans cheaper that are as good but if you're okay spending $10-20 more on guaranteed quality then get them

deltas

>noise

wut r u a poosi

this

I saw a huge decrease in sound when I replaced my stock CPU cooler with a Noctua, and I actually like the shitty colour theme.

hey fuk you boss

From what I've experianced you can find other fans that are cheaper but make some sort of compromise to something else. Noctua is no compromises. Even the redux line, which is cheaper than the poop brown is really damn good.

Yeah, Noctua for most builders generally are better, but the difference is so minuscule that it's not really going to budge your temperatures nor will you suddenly go deaf from other fans.

A fancy case and fancy fans are probably the last items you should splurge on in a system. If you're good with the GPU and CPU and hard drive you've chosen and the next step up is too ridiculous, feel free to get Noctua fans.

They do last a fuck long time though. The first two I bought in 2006 are still running (they've lasted through four systems). Can't say the same about other brands I've bought, including Scythe and Panaflo, two of the main, more established, competitors a decade ago for the quiet fan market.

But again, if it's a choice between an "okay" GPU and Noctua fans vs. a really good GPU and some other okay stuff, go with the cheapo fans. You'll get like 95% of the performance.

They're really great.

The loudest fan on my system is my PSU fan. Feelsbadman.

Only great if you understand fan control, low voltage adapters and use them as for radiators and heatsinks. They can be completely silent if you run them at sub 800rpm.
For case fans they are overkill.

>superior choice for high air movement
I don't know.
I haven't used every single fan to argue that.

However I do have the Noctua heatsink(NH-D15), and it works damn good. My i7 @ 4.0ghz hovers at 21C~28C, even during heavy load.

As for the sound, I can't say, because I always have my noise cancelling headphones on + A/C blasting.

Basically, I am thoroughly pleased with my purchase.

The poo and jizz color scheme is really off putting. But on the flipside, you have to pay a premium for the custom color Noctua's.

My case does not have a window, so I have no objections to these fans.

I prefer gentle typhoons for 120mm

the colors are brand recognition, you can instantly recognise noctua fans.

once you get on the hype train after owning a few you end up liking the colors because its a sign of quality.

>My i7 @ 4.0ghz hovers at 21C~28C, even during heavy load.
Not during heavy load, it doesn't.

dead silent because none of them work

Why are they ribbed for her pleasure?

Switch it out with a Noctua, it's worth it.

>go with the cheapo fans. You'll get like 95% of the performance.

Yes, but db ranges are huge. Even a 'small' difference can be massive. Cheapo fans don't optimize for this.

>many decibels can damage hearing
You know you guys are pissing and moaning about 10-15db's in the low end right? As in it make fuck all difference.

Most people don't want to sit all day next to a leaf blower.

Exaggeration much?

Or are you trying to justify to yourself why you over payed for something you could have got for $5 from china with free delivery globally with little to no difference to what you have.

>being a chinkcuck

You have to go back.

Some people's hearing is better than yours, faggot. Why do you care?

Because you're running around all day recommending people pay top dollar for something that has negligible performance over basically everything else on the market.

Audiophile please. You know damn well that it doesn't make a difference unless you have crippling autism.

The only solution.

>Tinitis sufferer

The difference between 20 dBA and 35 dBA is huge.

>people not understanding how dB works
+3 dB is twice as loud.

No it's fucking not.

Lol no they aren't. Corsair fans are cheap junk.

You have down syndrome.

It.

Hovers.

You have crippling autism.

Their heatsinks are great.
Their fans are way overpriced and overmemed. Most gaymurfags use headsets anyway so even if you had Delta fans in your case I doubt you would hear it.

>theoretical
That's what I thought

Read . 35 dBA is literally several times more ambient noise than 20 dBA.

Several times 0 is 0.
Seriously you're arguing over the size of a bees dick.

I don't know about other brands, but as I'm building a silent pc I went straight for those. One NF-F12 and two NF-P12 specifically. Amazing how now you can build a PC that shuts off all fans when not needed for very little extra money.
Anyhow, they are really really silent. The NF-P12s I'm only able to hear in the quietest of rooms if running at full speed. The NF-F12 is considerably louder (I'd say two to three times louder) but moves a LOT more air.
The specs sheet say otherwise, but I think running a NF-F12 at 2/3 speed is as quiet and moves as much air as a NF-P12 at full speed.

That is all fine and dandy but I had a huge problem with the fans: One of the extension cords that came with it was shorted and fried my motherboard. The motherboard should still work, but there is a carbonized spot on it and a damaged fan header.
Still waiting for their support reply, but I highly doubt they will refund me for the motherboard.

i'm not an audiophile, i just dont want my computer to be noisy. go suck a dick.

im not the one recommending noctua fans but you're a fucking retard if you just "DURR EXAGGERATION MUCH" of it's fucking exaggerated but some people still have better hearing than others, and some cant stand the wooshing or whining noise from some fans.
Noctua is popular because they make high quality silent fans that last. Sure there are other cheaper alternatives, but you can never go wrong with Noctua.

>dB = dBA
no

Noctua fans at full speed are only slightly better performing compared to other high end fans.

However, Noctua fans are really good at moving a lot of air quietly at lower voltages. If you're a noisefag like me, Noctua is indeed worth it.

But still, even with low end fans, as long as you buy just slightly more expensive PSU, GPU, HSF and a fan controller you can get away with FANLESS on idle.
You are going to spend like $10 extra on the PSU, $20 on the GPU, $30 on the HSF and $15 on the can controller.
So, for like $80 bucks you can upgrade to a fanless on idle PC, which I think is very much worth it.
95% of the time my PC is on idle, and when it is on load I'm usually gaming and the sound from the game itself totally hides any fan noise. Loading the CPU alone is not enough for any of the fans to spin up except the HSF, which I'm not able to hear (stock hyper 212 on a 1230v5, never gets above 50c and the fan never more than 50%).

It's a logarithmic scale dumbass. 0dB means a gain of 0, i.e. the output is the same as the input, not that there is no output (power gain = 10^(dB/10)). Maybe you should learn what you're talking about before you try talking about it, because it's clear to anyone who's knows anything about the Bel unit that you're an ignorant retard

For heatsink/fan i personally like Intel BXSTS200C Shit runs well 27/7... It does sound like a plane taking off when Im forced to boot but settles quite after 1-2s

Lol at those examples.

No. You'll spend a fortune to find out that you should have just sucked it up and got poo fans in the first place.

I really like mine.

hahaha you're a fucking idiot

Just curious but what fan speed do you have them set at for that?

I buy the case and use the fuking default fans

+1

>$30 for a single fan
Buy the twin pack

>Twin pack fans have rubber-corners
Mount your fans with rubber screws you idiot

Twin pack fans don't have rubber corners* (they're also dark grey)

The 140mm ML fan's aren't that great

It's just viral marketing

There are plenty of good HSFs and case fans on the market, and while Noctua
usually performs fairly well they're by no means always the top.

Do your own research, check websites like SPCR and come to a reasonable
conclusion.

Pic related

Also related

>that flag
go back to /fa/ nazi scum. And before you name me jew remember that germs attack Poland and create israel.

honestly, unless you do recordings and don't want background noise, there are cheaper fans that aren't really much louder.

You pay for quality I guess though.

You pay for the brand, you idiot

>he believes intel inside stickers speeds up PCs

0/10