bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
youtu.be/JxAXlJEmNMg?list=PL7664379246A246CB - "Crockford on JavaScript" lecture series.

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
gist.github.com/dypsilon/5819528/

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

>How to get started
youtu.be/sBzRwzY7G-k - "2016/2017 MUST-KNOW WEB DEVELOPMENT TECH - Watch this if you want to be a web developer "
youtu.be/zf_cb_Nw5zY - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

kimsufi.com/us/en/vps-ssd.xml
yourserver.se/
scaleway.com/
npmjs.com/package/passport-saml-encrypted
careercup.com/
udemy.com/user/moshfeghhamedani/
thepiratebay.lu/search/udemy/0/3/0
youtu.be/wfMtDGfHWpA
codequs.com/p/BksMQsdWj/why-angular2-is-easier-than-angularjs/
kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for javascript a shit

So I just built an entire web application in php, complete with url rewrites so you wouldn't even know because it was ez as fuck. Did I do good?

Show some backend code and we'll tell you.

Why is golang used for websites now?

Who here has worked with Dart? Seems like something that's going to be popular in the future considering the evidence that Google's new operating system Fuschia is going to compile Dart natively. (In most cases you transcompile Dart to JS)

this desu

but then again, it could be php

What low cost VPS do you guys recommend?

Also, wanted to add that the cloud hosting bullshit in the OP sucks.

>kimsufi.com/us/en/vps-ssd.xml
>yourserver.se/
>scaleway.com/

Haven't checked them, why do they suck?

gotta go fast

>Seems like something that's going to be popular in the future
It's a Google project, so yeah, It might be popular for a year or two, then out of nowhere they'll kill it and switch to something else.

Most people really like Digital Ocean and Heroku. Maybe it's just you.

They have shit legal policies. SJW crybabies can report you to the host and get the server down if you run a forum and someone dares to exercise their right to free speech.
Apparently, a SJW feeling offended or cyberbullied is enough for them to get your server down.

For "float" to "int" conversion in JavaScript, is it fine to use ~~number or number | 0? Any reason for choosing one over the other?

Funny that Math.trunc() is ES6 onwards

Thanks user, these ones seem to actually be good. Have a pepe.

Why cant i just isset($_POST[file.pfd]) :'(

What are you trying to do?

Benchmark those in different browsers.
Google $_FILES
Array keys go into single or double quotes.

What security measures are necessary to avoid getting your VPS hacked, apart from installing Fail2Ban and moving SSH to a non-standard port and requiring a key file?

Best NPM package for encrypted SAML auth?

>npmjs.com/package/passport-saml-encrypted

Internet high fives for anyone who can provide other options.

Please leave a nice message :)

alissa.ninja/paint

I'd add:
- Keep your softwares up to date to avoid bypass or DoS exploits
- PortSentry can be useful against port scanning, but it can easily ban you, so configure it correctly.
- Maybe create firewall rules to only open necessary ports and nothing else.
- Maybe install RKHunter.

Thanks user.

>be me(me)
>last month of my probationary as a QA lad
>already feel experienced enough
>i have to test work of like 10 devs and tasks only get harder
>4 new QA girls I gotta teach
>meetings with manager and devs every day
>constant discussions of ongoing issues with the devs
>only really work like 3 hours out of 9, I mostly run around the office and tell people how shit is supposed to work
I'm tired as shit and I sort of miss my gardener job.

How much RAM can one expect an idle MySQL to use?

Is practicing this: careercup.com/ sort of programming test necessary for web dev interviews too?

70-90% of total RAM if configured right.

I some insight.

Recently set up a mailserver. It basically works, but there are some kinks to iron out. On eof them is that the MX record's host name isn't the same as the one in the certificate that I'm using. So I changed the MX record to
www.domain.com (was prefix: mail to IP before).

Now I keep on checking checktls.com and it keeps reporting mail.domain.com as my MX record.

I understand MX records take a while to be available after having been changed, but just in case...
is this even possible, or does an MX record require a prefix? Because in that case I'd be wasting my time and should just get another certificate for mail.domain.com...

How long does it usually take to sell a domain name?
Also, is leasing better than selling?

General job question:

When you are sent an email questionnaire for a job asking various things, what is an acceptable time to complete it?

It's only 15 questions long but apparently it was sent yesterday around noon and I didn't get the email notification on my phone until an hour ago (noon). So it's already been 24 hours.

I don't think you have to worry.

If it was timed, the questionnaire would be on their website or in person, so don't worry about it. Focus on your answers.

Cool thank you both. I'm just really hurting for money lately and I guess I'm being paranoid.

Thanks again.

I never thought that I would hate a programming language but PHP is fucking cancer

What do you guys think of NoSql tech?

Making a note taking thing to help me track my notes on books. Just added tabular sorting and markdown. How does it look?

pretty cool idea. Id get rid of the date field and just make it automatic when the note is created. Also show it with a timestamp normally you make multiple notes per read.

Next step i guess would be to make the note textarea use some kind of web-texteditor ala wiki so you can style it etc. Also make a search function so i can search notes with a keyword in a given book. Also make notes "rateable" or something so you can priorities the important ones if you are studying for a test.

Sorry might be terrible ideas but just brainstorming

I'm in the process of learning PHP. So far so good for me.

I have the dumbest question, hopefully it'll be easy to answer.

I am obviously an absolute beginner in html and css.
why doesn't this work? the CSS.css is in the same folder as Index.html

Overrated, relational is still more suitable for most things, Mongo is cancer, but right nosql for right kind of shit is useful

Style tags don't go into CSS. Also are there not any errors on console?

baka me. I deleted those tags, it works now.
thanks user. and no, I am using Brackets, and there was no error in the console (there is no console, afaik).

CSS never causes errors unfortunately (unless it's the file not being found).

I suggest finding a better book. Styles in seperate files don't go in tags.

All suggestions are good suggestions friendo, don't worry.

I like you're idea of automatically inserting the date! I'll look in to that, it should be really easy.

As for the others, they sound great too and I'm going to add them to the backlog.

why do these threads die so easy

Whats the best webdev editor? Post your setup

If you're coding in PHP, PhpStorm is the best.
Give it a try, user, very powerful.

Atom is a bit light but I enjoy it.

School started back about two weeks user.

Does anyone know where to get Udemy course, more specifically courses from this guy?

udemy.com/user/moshfeghhamedani/

What's wrong with TPB?
thepiratebay.lu/search/udemy/0/3/0

Doesn't have them.

Hey, liberal arts degree who can't find a job checking in. (yes I regret it)

Would I be better off teaching myself web dev and gunning straight for a job, self taught, or applying to Master's CS programs?

Apply for a masters but still learn on your own, it will be faster to get a job.

How much experience do you have in development? By experience I mean have you ever written a single line of code before?

I've taught myself python and ruby, probably written 5K+ lines of code in each.

Debating on whether I should learn rails or Django now.

Have experience with Oracle.

I know a bit of Java (basics), but I really dislike the language.

What types of programs have you written?

>php
>atom
>serif font
>huge text
>orange, magenta and teal colorscheme
>file called mobile_detect.php, trying to determine the user's device with a server-side script rather than just building a responsive mobile-first page
>devving directly on master branch rather than making new branches for new features and merging later
>Not even using a linter to protect from stupid errors that php is prone to

The only thing in this screenshot that doesn't disgust me is die(); - which is what you should do at once.

just basic enough shit to teach myself. Most advanced was probably a chess program you can play from the command line (no ai)

Why composition is better than inheritance?

first day assignment for my new web programming class : create a simple client-server in Java and send GET HTML requests to server and return HTML files.

seems pretty easy so far

Sublime is all I need desu.

How do I make fancy animations?

youtu.be/wfMtDGfHWpA

PHP slander is so first-quarter 2016. Everyone's shitting on Ruby now, keep up.

yes , show us the backend. So I can get some idea, too.

what plugin did you used for the table senpai ?

I've tried Brackets and is good mate. Try it.

If you were challenged to teach someone php, how quick do you think you could do it?

5 hours, asuming they have previous Java/C++/C# programming knowledge

Should I learn Angular or Angular 2? Should I even learn it at all?

No no no this person has little experience with programming.

- Angular 1, jobs
- Angular 2, in beta forever, more years of life
codequs.com/p/BksMQsdWj/why-angular2-is-easier-than-angularjs/

Hello

Vue

Did anyone try to stream videos using Cloudflares bandwidth?
Cloudflare says it doesn't recommend it since it's not optimised for streaming but my websites traffic is devouring my budget.

Sorry for the late reply.

I used a library called Sorttable. Here's the link: kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

If you mean for the actual table styling, then that's just generic bootstrap 3.

no corporate backing therefore its meaningless for anything besides small personal projects

>every Python role, startup or established, I apply to uses Angular + Django REST
How different is it to pure Django + optional minimalistic front-end frameworks (jQuery and/or knockout.js)?

What languages should I learn if I want to make a dank new website. I'm going to make the next Sup Forums.

Javascript

You should learn Python as it's the future of backend

Thanks dude. Just wanted a quick reaffirmation of what I already thought I knew. I guess im a bit of a puss

Depends on the person.

To teach them PHP from zero, you probably also need to teach them HTML and some basic CSS.

If it's their first programming language and you don't want them to be dogshit terrible programmers, you're also going to have to teach them basic shit like flow control, boolean logic, networking, data structures, and big O. (At least on a basic ELI5 level. You could obviously spend years teaching this shit.)

I'd say a day or so for someone that knows another c-like language already but is unfamiliar with any web stuff.

For someone with zero exp with anything, maybe a week at the minimum. They'd need to have a programmer personality and mindset though. The right person will just soak that shit up in no time and be a joy to teach. Someone who isn't really into it and just wants to do it for the money can fuck right off (unless they're gonna pay me).

Then, probably 1-2 months to get to where they can comfortably make whatever they want to make.

Where should I learn ASP, it seems to be the most popular technology to build websites, api and game serveurs.

Pajeet pls

Pajeets uses PHP/NPM exclusively!
ASP.Net is an ecosystem used by corporation and big enterprises with high quality community packages.

Pajeet pls

I studied fine arts, graduated with no job prospects, and ended up as a well paid self-taught programmer. If you take self-study seriously and learn on the job, it can work out.

What's your preference?

good video actually. beginners should watch this

Why are people still using php/laravel?
There are no good and stable jobs.
However laravel is very popular just behind Spring Boot and ASP. NET Core, awesome for php!

if true, that sucks. proof?

Not popularity but trending.
ASP.NET Core is still experimental!

Spring Boot is the sanest way to build web backends now. Hope golang will gain popularity but there are no schools and without certification there are no job opportunities.

What? Taylor Otwell, the laravel author, was a C#/.Net developer! Could anyone explain me why?

Vue has no future just like mootools!

Is there a decent lightweight Angular alternative that I can throw into some pages of an existing site where I need to do some fancy JS fuckery without having to include the whole Angular library?

Mostly need the two-way bindings, repeats and ng-show

Most of his videos are really good. He did a couple on .bind() and this recently which is arguably one of the most difficult concepts about JS.

One part of my php code:

>Mostly need the two-way bindings, repeats and ng-show

Pretty much every framework has some way to do that stuff in some way or another and most of them are smaller than angular.

You don't need to do this. If you don't set the ACTION attribute, the form will automatically submit to itself.

Use $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] to detect the submission

HTML and CSS are pretty basic though. I mean realistically anyone could learn both pretty well in about a week.