Falling for the SSD meme

Hello Sup Forums!

So I am falling for the SSD meme, what does Sup Forums thinks about this one?

Pros:

* price: 75€, 256gb
* amazon warranty (if it fails, i'm gonna get a new one for free)
* good size

Cons
* ???

Thank you Sup Forumsuys!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Samsung-MZ-750250BW-250GB-interne-schwarz/dp/B01AAKZRP2/
techreport.com/review/27062/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-only-two-remain-after-1-5pb/4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The most important factor in SSDs are write/read speed and you haven't mentioned those.

amazon.de/Samsung-MZ-750250BW-250GB-interne-schwarz/dp/B01AAKZRP2/

bzzt, wrong.
the most important factor is whether or not it's synchronous.

>Buying empty plastic space

KEK

>not buying an ssd in 1+2015

why

because there's no point if I can't store shit

Get X400 instead

you are aware ssd's come in at 2tb+ now right

Thanks! Will do!

>buying any SSD other than Samsung

Samsung SSD are too overpriced..
Crucial and Sandisk SSD, although a little slower (nothing noticeable), are much more cheaper and interesting.

samsung performs the best, has the best reliability, and doesn't outsource a single part of their ssds.

they also look sexy. it's worth the extra few bucks.

Samsung are the most durable though, I've had my 840 Pro for over 2 years and it's still as good as new with hardly any remapped sectors.

techreport.com/review/27062/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-only-two-remain-after-1-5pb/4

>The 840 Pro and remaining HyperX are already on their way to 1.6PB.

That's 1.6PB of writes, and the 840 Pro handled it like it was nothing.

>Among the survivors, the Samsung 840 Pro seems to be on track to outlast its rivals. The drive has reallocated thousands of sectors to circumvent worn-out NAND, but its SMART attributes suggest substantial reserves are still available. There have been no errors thus far. In a sense, the 840 Pro has already won.

> Samsung are the most durable though, I've had my 840 Pro
Shill.

>if you buy a part you're never allowed to recommend it

okay

Are you an imbecile or did you just not read the link I gave? You know, the source that backed up my claim?

I give recommendations for good things I use, like my post about my korean monitors here If that makes me a shill in your eyes you must be an idiot.

In a world where paid shills actually exist ... yeah, maybe you don't.

nobody is being paid to shill to retards on Sup Forums

be real lol

You pay like €1 / gb

I thought the most important factor was the number of P/E cycles followed by latency

950 Pro owner here and after 2 years I still have about 99% of the rated P/E cycles left.

(Plus 8 more years of manufacturer warranty)

>no shills on Sup Forums
not the user you're arguing with, but surely even for a tripfag you can't be this new

doesn't matter much if your ssd can't write while reading or read while writing lol

>being paid
>to shill to retards
>on Sup Forums
>specifically Sup Forums

yeah, not buying it

There's no real difference between these things, they're all good and more or less equal nowadays.
It doesn't make a bit of a difference in normal daily use, whether the the drive reads 450 or 550Mb/s
People have said that they haven't even noticed any significant difference when jumping from 450Mb/s to 1500Mb/s.

So unless you're doing something like video editing or graphics work, just go and get something relatively cheap.
As long as the drive doesn't have a failure rate of 10%, you're good.

Actually thats why it works because retards like you do not expect such things

yeah and a fast dead drive is also useless

Besides, isn't simultaneous reading and writing just an IOPS limitation thing?

>no shills exist on Sup Forums
so pic related never happens?

literally even the most retarded monkey can tell shilling from suggesting

i didn't realize Sup Forums got this bad
and by this bad, i don't mean the image. i mean you and lmao...

At least use one as a boot drive and get that performance boost. Of course it's dumb to buy one for documents and media.

it's also controller related iirc.

>there are no shills on Sup Forums
>ignores evidence
>it's just anons suggesting
shill in damage control mode confirmed

Cons
Doesn't hold data
Not for archiving

The only reason to own an ssd is for your operating system and gayms
RAM is superior to SSDs in everyway

Get an 850 Evo pretty good price / performance, kind of hard to beat by other budget drives.

>This retarded

Anyone have the Intel 600p yet? Considering the 512gb.

>taking that image seriously
>autism alert
Pretty obvious, user. People who call everyone a shill are literally cancer.

SSD's cost more than double what a regular drive does for half the space. Why the fuck would i spend $200 for less than a half of a terabyte? Unless you have absolutely no budget constraints, the only real way to go is to buy a sub 128gb drive and boot your os from it.

> Unless you have absolutely no budget constraints

We're not talking about a product that costs thousands.
These things are more than affordable at this point and they won't be destroying anyone financially.

>Why the fuck would i spend $200 for less than a half of a terabyte
Because this product is 10x faster than any mechanical drive.
Also it's more reliable, produces less heat and is completely silent.
Once you go SSD, there's no going back.

A 1tb ssd is going to run you about $300. If you're build is already at $600 you're pushing the cost up by 50%, just for faster storage. They're definitely faster, and if you're trying to build a 1200 dollar computer I'd say go for it. But most people are limited in their budget, and to me an ssd costs too much compared to a mechanical drive. It's slower but I've been using one for years without issue.

>SSD's cost more than double what a regular drive does for half the space.
THEN JUST SAY FOUR TIMES AS MUCH

>Unless you have absolutely no budget constraints, the only real way to go is to buy a sub 128gb drive and boot your os from it.
Or just get a small SSD and use it as a cache drive for your array

>implying 128GB isn't enough for an average user
You know you can store your anime girls on an HDD and just install your OS and software on SSD? Unless you're autistic enough to have more than 10 "massive" games on your computer, in which case 256GB should be enough.

Why the fuck would you get a 1tb ssd?

Windows 7 with all essential programs = 30GB
gayms = 200GB
meme folder = 700GB
CP = 40GB
I barely have 30GB left, SSD's are useless.

so, is a samsung 120Gb 850 EVO a good choice for a cheap-ish ssd?

So you can only use one storage device on your desktop? See Get a basic understanding of sequential and random access workloads. Your portn video will run at the same speed on an ssd as a hdd. So the go on the hdd. The OS requires random access speed so they go on the ssd.

Because storage is an important factor to me. I have a lot of art assets, and lossless music recordings. On top of that i also tend to consume media like games and movies. It's really easy to use up 500gb. I already mentioned booting from an ssd and using a mechanical drive for storage, i just don't choose to do it.

>implying I was serious
You just told me to check my own post :^)
See You don't need to store your media where your OS is.

Don't blame your stupid choice on others then. Your choice is stupid and makes no sense. Your personal preference is devoid of logic.

>That's 1.6PB of writes
Exactly, that's 1.6 Petabytes of data written to it. Even the ones that failed before it performed admirably and showed that failure through exhausting the flash is virtually impossible for the average end user. You'll have replaced the rest of your computer at least twice by that time.

Any experience with Kingdian? Thinking of dropping a small one into my mSATA slot.

How's the Kingston Uv400 120gb Sata 6gb/s?

Please refer to I said booting from an ssd is a good option, but the user before that was talking about ssds not being expensive, and 2tb drives being viable. It's like you're all incapable of reading.

Ssd drives are expensive, incredibly expensive compared to mechanical. I currently don't see them as a replacement to a mechanical drive, but you can use both and it's a working system.

Why would you store images on a fucking SSD?

Go for the Samsung EVO 750. About same price and you don't get scammed with changed hardware specs after the reviews are in.

SSD's aren't a meme kid. They are the future.

>Samsung EVO
Not even once

>storing bulk data on an SSD
>being this stupid

I'm impressed you managed to solve the fucking captcha you idiot.

I use two of these things at home (a 750 and 850) and almost every laptop (about two dozens) at work has a 840 or 850. We haven't had any problem with a single drive.

The 850 might not be worth the money but the 750 certainly is.

>not knowing what sarcasm is
I'm impressed you managed to read the captcha retard.

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

no one stores large files on ssds unless they are in the editing business kid

You are aware that 60TB SAS SSDs now exist, right?