Being an audiophile is not a bad thing

Enjoying good quality, reasonably accurate sound is nothing to be ashamed of. Unemployed NEETs slander us and rave about shakti stones and $10k speaker cables and claim there's no difference between their Logitech garbage and a traditional 2 or 3 way vented box. No different to them, because they can't afford it. Having $2k to spend on speakers and it might as well be spending $10k on cables. They're not going to see the money (or the gear) either way.

It's time to stop apologizing to poor people for having a basic middle class income. I am an audiophile because I care about getting the best sound, within reason. There is literally nothing wrong with being an audiophile.

Fight me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Report and hide.

>Enjoying good quality, reasonably accurate sound is nothing to be ashamed of.
You got that right. Rest was weak bait.

I agree, but this is weekday Sup Forums
Most of the employed people are not going to see this
Try again on a weekend, unless you just enjoy getting raged at by impoverished students

Just having an above average tier setup doesn't mean youre an audiophile, right?

A 2.1 setup with the cost around 1200usd should be a standard.

There is nothing wrong with buying quality products, I know it, I do enjoy audio quality myself.
You however are here looking for attention and want everyone to acknowledge the hardware you have, and that makes you as equally a faggot as them.

$1200 is audiophile tier

You're an audiophile as soon as you aren't rocking a sub-sat system with internal amplification

If you truly enjoy good quality you won't buy speakers.

There's a difference between being an Audio Enthusiast that pays for quality components that make a measurable difference in sound quality and being an "Audiophile" that blows money on placebo and installs their own special "audiophile" electrical poles and $500 magical rocks and $150 cable risers and $1000 "special" power cables that are just garden hoses filled with sound to give you that "Earthy toned sound."

Audiophiles are retarded, and they deserve to get fucked at every angle just like they are.

Audio Enthusiasts are fine.

Filled with sand, rather. Fug.

I like how the word audiophile is somehow only seen in negative fashion here. People associate that term with only the extreme kind of lunacy that goes in the "high end" audio circles.

Price is irrelevant and indicates nothing.

Active loudspeakers can't be audiophile? Makes total sense.

Audiophile is a word for audio enthusiast. It makes no distinction on the kind of enthusiasm.

I agree. Poor people make fun of everything, it's their way of dealing with the fact that they can't have some of this stuff. It's sad but it's true, it happens everywhere.

There's also a difference between buying good headphones and knowing your stuff, than just blowing $10000 on headphones that sound like shit as well.

We need to draw a line here. What is placebo and what isn't?

Placebo is a medical term which gets misused by armchair medical NEETs on this board to describe anything they don't like.

I use the term Audio Enthusiast to differentiate between people who are sane and the sort of Audiophiles in the Sup Forums Audiophile threads that are full of hilarious bullshit that people actually believe.

>What is placebo
Anything not covered by the below
>and what isn't
Things with actual physics and science to back them up.

>Enjoying good quality, reasonably accurate sound is nothing to be ashamed of.

If by "Reasonable Accurate" you mean i'm going to plug on as many shits as possible to "Improve the Waves" you're sadly mistaken.

>Audiophiles are retarded, and they deserve to get fucked at every angle just like they are.
>Audio Enthusiasts are fine.
They're the same thing though. The difference exists in your head, the illusion comes from your inability to afford what the other guy has, that you want.
>Active loudspeakers can't be audiophile?
No, that's not what I said at all. There are some very good active loudspeakers.

It's a wrong term to use here for starters. Placebo effect is sensing something even if it really isn't there or isn't in any way possible for us to perceive. People here misuse it all the time.

Due to various of cognitive biases we can think we hear things that aren't really there. This is very common and nobody is immune to it. Double blinded listening tests are the most effective way to rule something out in this case.

audiophile here its great fun just quit my job thou so gonna have to take a break

Placebo originated as a medical term to describe the perceived beneficial effect of things which actually have no effect at all. It's become a blanket term for things which don't actually make any difference but have many claims of perceived difference from people who think they do, e.g. "special" HDMI cables which carry a digital signal yet claim to be better than regular cables because magical shielding or some shit.

I got a better dac that is an old pic

>focal
Good taste

I'm glad that you focus on the important in your audio system user. You can never upgrade your DA-converter enough.

>Placebo originated as a medical term to describe the perceived beneficial effect of things which actually have no effect at all.

You're wrong. Placebo is a term used to describe medicine which actually cannot affect the body or treat the disease but because of the effect it has on the brain it can strengthen your immune system and raise your confidence, helping you fight the disease. It has nothing to do with objects, stop misusing the term just because you saw someone use it on Reddit.

those are the 807vw got them for a steal guy labled them as the 806 non w edition got 700 off marked price the subwoffer is focal eletrica sw1000 I got it for 1200 returned my old sub and they had this one for a discount because it was broken and fixed they wanted it gone its usally 4k in Australia

see
>the illusion comes from your inability to afford what the other guy has, that you want.

I don't want sand-filled hoses, sorry. I have a nice set of headphones and a nice microphone and they are perfectly suited to my tastes. If I see something that I want I am perfectly capable of acquiring the funds for it. Just because I don't waste money on things that make literally no difference to the sound does not make me poor, just smart.

I got the Vincent cds7-dac it has a burr brown chip its so dam good

>audiophiles
youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ

>sand filled hoses
NEET types latch onto the weirdest shit
Also, while there's nothing wrong with headphones, having a narrow fixation on headphones means you can't appreciate audio tech to the fullest. Because physics

You're both wrong.

An audiophile is like a pedophile.
You can like kids without liking them in a sexual way.
You can like good quality sound without being fucking retarded.
But you wouldn't call everyone who likes kids a pedophile.

>if science can't prove it, it's a lie

Or maybe we still lack the proper experimentation method to prove or disprove it

>it has a burr brown chip
That means nothing at all. I hope you got a good deal on that over-engineered CD-player. Questionable purchase regardless.

Sorry grandpa but your old ass's hearing has already since decayed for a young person 16-30 you'd be able to tell the slight differences in quality
But for you everything will sound like youtube 144p quality no matter how many thousands or dollars you spend on placebos

its all about the implementation of the chip but the burr browns were considered the best and are still highly saught after

People who rag on audiophiles are normally casual music fans who struggle to fill an iPod nano and barely understand what a DAC is. When Sup Forumssic is your main passion and not vidya like most of Sup Forums then it makes sense to have a good set-up.

Anyone can be an audiophile, really. It's anyone who strives to get the best possible audio quality within their reasonable means. Some people can afford a lot more than others. I have not personally been witness to tube amps or anything of that sort, so cannot comment on whether or not they make any discernable or even beneficial difference. But you really do need to admit that there should be a distinction between people with over insulated cables, magical rocks, and cable risers, and people who simply want the best audio quality they can reasonably afford.

That being said, I do have personal experience with analogue video cables using an adapter for my 360 years ago. There is a significant difference between bottom barrel trash cables vs shielded, insulated gold plated cables. But there is measurably diminishing gains in signal quality once you get to a certain point (60-100$ for component cables was the sweet spot back then). You will get to a point where you're simply paying more and more despite getting no measurable difference in signal quality.

In that case, the default is to reject any audiophile claims.

I'm a sound engineer for basically every small band touring on this side of the state
At home for production I use a $300 pair of stereo monitors and headphones sometimes, when casually listening I also include my EQ
My cable are generic $10 good cables, and it's been well-proven that (balancing and external noise aside), a power cable works just as well as a $10k "audiophile" cable

So as always, it's a matter of knowing what to buy, and not passing the point of diminishing returns?

There's enjoying quality audio and there's absolute lunacy in the quest for "optimum sound", probably by people with shit hearing anyway. You're the equivalent of the people who take kilograms of vitamin supplements a day thinking it makes their bodies stronger somehow when all that happens is they buy the expensive shit and then piss it out.