Who /trackball/ here? Pic related is what I have

Who /trackball/ here? Pic related is what I have.

also with repeating digits I return to Fedora

using this right now

is it better thank this? Mine has an anoying scroll wheel..

using this meme as well desu

Are trackballs decent for stuff like 3D modelling and maybe some light gaming (fsp / rts) games?

Which ones are the best bang for the buck right now? I'm willing to spend 60~120 USD to check one out just for fun.

For index style

For thumb style, that's about it in the new market

One thing you gotta learn first with trackball is to keep the bearings clean

> For thumb style, that's about it in the new market
This, and don't fall for nip memes. Elecom and that other brand ("Something Supply" iirc) have shit build quality, jittery connection, bad ball surface/bearings and fuckall battery life. Also raised scroll wheel and tiny fingerrests feel bad but that might be acquired taste.

reporting in

Sadly it's hard to maintain precision with a trackball, their only benefit is being easy on the wrist and crazy fast dpi if you need more dpi of course.
However you can pull some neat stuff with an index trackball like 360-no-scope

I would but I use the middle click button too much and I don't like trackballs where you have to move the ball with the thumb.
>Right and left simultaneously
I use the middle button too much to be satisfied with some fix like that.

I'll continue to use either the trackpoint on my laptop and a normal mouse on my desktop

'sup kim

OP here, installed Fedora and thinking about this.

>BIG RED BUTTON

This looks good too.

So only logitech and that weird square thing, which I don't know the name so I can't even search for it.

Ok.

truly the masterrace

Logitech m570 and Kensington expert trackball you fuckin baby

Logitech Trackman Marble is the true god.

Reminder OPs gives off a high pitch noise and is a garbage trackball in general.

This right here. I also have a vertical mouse, but 99% of the time I use this one. I even play games with it.

I think I might try one of those nice Kensington trackball mice someday.

I'm also using pic related right now. I love the scroll wheel.

fucking lol, the hand model is even fat

I think it's good but have considered modding the buttons to be lighter once I get either or or as backup. They are still too stiff to my liking after two years of use.

You can play games (I play) but this logitech has crappy drivers for windows so use marble mouse only on linux.

you are correct

what mods did you do

I put on paracord on cable. Just cut off usb plug, remove paracord core (this white stuff), put on, and solder the new usb plug.

i have one of those too, i love it

This is the one I'm using now.
I like trackballs for multi-monitor setups, and the "twist to scroll" feature is nice.

Oh fuck it, I just went for it now that I remembered what was wrong with it. It was simple operation. Buttons are attached to frame with ridiculously thick plastic flaps. Sandpapering about 1mm off made them much lighter to push and took 15 minutes.

Yo.

Question for you all, I use a small netbook to take to my classes and then use TeamViewer to connect to my computer at my appartment because I have high-speed Internet at both ends. This way I can use programs like Solidworks on a much more mobile platform. There's one problem though.

Finding a mobile mouse is a disaster. Corded options are best but end up being a complete mess, most wireless seem like chinkshit, and even then I have to have a good and flat surface for it to work on.

Would I be able to efficiently use programs like Solidworks with a trackball? Are there Bluetooth or USB wireless trackballs available that would suit my needs?

I made a thread over at /3/ since I thought it was more relevant.

But this thread is also relevant.

Does anyone use one of these "mice"?

Apart from shortcuts, do you find them useful outside 3D software?

You want a Logitech M570. Best portable mouse in every way. I use it for a similar purpose.

I am also interested in it.

what do you suggest , a trackball for the thumb like m570 or were the trackball is moved with pointing vinger ??

i dont know wich would be have a natural feeling

I have Elecom wired thumb trackball.
Bearing were made out of fucking plastic.
I had to retrofit ceramic ones. It is not straight forward process as the ceramic ones are smaller.

Also it uses near infrared LED.
Tracking a black ball with this kind of LED is an issue from time to time.
Sometimes trackball movements are not track at all. That happens for a second or two and then it is OK.
I had to replace the LED with red one to fix this issue.
Also using a blue ball from M570 works.

In summary for the price of M570 you get a shitty Elecom trackball.
The benefits are the extra finger button and the cord (therefore no wake up lag).

If you are an autistic fuck with no social life at all you can thinker with this trackball and make it really useful.

Cleaning the bearings, washing the ball and greasing it with minimal amount of silicone grease are part of daily trackball usage ritual.

Been using the older cabled version of this track lately. Picked it up for like 1$. It's freaking great.

holy shit , i kid you not , when reading this post i knew i saw something like a ball in the attick .
jus got back , found this !!!!!

only problem dont know how to grab it ?
anybody can find out the proper way on using it .
sorry never used a trackball before.

okey guys i figured it out .

THIS shit STANDS UP .

moving the ball with with the thumb , the little circles is for scroll option .
the long bar is right click .
on top you have the click button .

LOL , pretty okey. the ball is a little bit harsh , maybe i need to put something on it to smoothen it .

That looks like the perfect NEET keyboard for staying in the bed all day.

I wonder if there's an IBM mechanical version of that.

>with minimal amount of silicone grease

I have sil-glyde brake lubricant does that work

Anyone here use a trackball for professional work?
Do you gain any fine precision or faster cursor movement vs an optical mouse?
Was it difficult to adapt to?

am using one right now , 10 minutes , the accuracy is good , is not difficult .
(am the guy who found one in the attick)

Those usually mount on the side of a laptop.