Is this Intel propietary spyware for windows?

Is this Intel propietary spyware for windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rcwngbUrZNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

intel doesn't need a software to spy on you mate.

I never got the point of these softwares

Intel ME/vPro is actually really powerful if you have a chipset that fully supports all of its features. If you don't intend to use anything specific to ME then just don't install it, there's no point or advantage in doing so on an average desktop computer.

They already have a hardware backdoor. Why would they need a software backdoor as well?

Not all agencies are authorized to know about or exploit the hardware backdoors.

NSA doesn't care a lot about laws. :^)

Hardware backdoor requires them to be able to access my pc BEFORE i throw it in a microwave

Prime example of Sup Forums autism.

They could be accessing it right now. How would you know?

But it doesn't require physical access.

Intel's Management Engine (an embedded separate smaller cpu) has full access to memory (without the parent CPU having any knowledge), has full access to the TCP/IP stack, can send and receive network packets, even if the OS is protected by a firewall, is signed with an RSA 2048 key that cannot be brute-forced, and cannot be disabled on newer Intel Core2 CPUs.

There's Telemetry-subfolder in Intel-folder.

funny thing, if i dont install this shit on my laptop, it wont suspend/shut down

Everyone with an intel CPU should install at least the Management engine drivers. The software isn't required, but the drivers are.

careful with that shit they even ask you if they can collect data from you.

This, OP. The ME software on your OS is just so that you can access ME features. The real ME software is on your processor. The only way to get it off is installing libreboot.

>spyware
is this the new Sup Forums buzzword after le botnet?

Yes, not only that, if you try to remove the BIOS rom for it, the computer will restart after 30 minutes.

>They already have a hardware backdoor. Why would they need a software backdoor as well?
Intel AMT *is* the hardware backdoor.

There's only one way of getting rid of it: you have to get machines were they had some oversights in its implementation that allow the code to be removed without wrecking everything.

it's a fucking hardware backdoor and only intel has the signing key (which it MUST share with the NSA because of CISA).

Enterprise environments where you need to manage large numbers of client computers.

>has full access to memory
So does every PCI card, firewire port, thunderbolt port, USB 3.1 port and probably others.

You can disable ME on most enterprise stuff.

what if im running loonix?

>what if im running loonix?
It doesn't matter, the AMT CPU (ARK) will be running in parallel and can hijack your system without you even knowing it.

It even has its own MAC address. The only way to block it is to MAC address lock your machine and use a non-intel CPU.

>So does every PCI card, firewire port, thunderbolt port, USB 3.1 port and probably others.
>damage control
Nice to know but you don't have to plug anything in if you don't want to. With AMT the trojan horse is on by default.

Please give us an example.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

youtube.com/watch?v=rcwngbUrZNg

>Please give us an example.
How? It's a BIOS setting on my PC.

>using the >using the smiley with a carat nose meme

>implying other people cant just plug things in

>How? It's a BIOS setting on my PC.
and you know exactly what the signed blob does with that setting?

It disables the AMT port, so. That's off to me.