Why can't solar panels work at night?

Why can't solar panels work at night?

Other urls found in this thread:

inhabitat.com/solar-panels-work-at-night/
petapixel.com/2011/12/02/trippy-photos-shot-using-a-box-made-with-mirrors/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gee user i dont' knwo

this desu, why dont they make lunar panels? fucking dumb world.

actually...
inhabitat.com/solar-panels-work-at-night/

>ment to type desu
>typed desu
fug

shit what the fuck
im trying to type t b h

Hi, newguy.

Sky is approximately a black body and a lambertian source of energy. During day the sky is at an "infinite" temperature that is higher than the panels surface, because the sun is irradiating the atmosphere.
During night the sky reaches really low temperatures, so the panels surface is colder. the energetic exchange is only possible if the entropy variation is negative, but this is not the case since the energy would be going from a relatively cold object to a warmer one.
I can mathematically prove this if you wish

shit u found bug
lol rawr :3

Kill yourself newfag.

I need to add that the atmosphere temps might be still warmer than the panel so some energy exchange might be possible

>falling for bait
im not sure who the newfag here is.

But they do! Only a handful orders of magnitude less than during the day. Not sure if your invertors can work with it (probably not).

what if we discovered a nocturnal alien civilization that has moon panels but they don't work during the day

we could create a hybrid technology that produces energy nonstop

They do if you expose them to enough light. Point a lamp on it, it charges over night.

AHAHAH THEY DON'T KNOW THERE'S NO MOON LIGHT, IT'S ACTUALLY SUN LIGHT REFLECTED BY THE MOON.

wait, if i connect a solar panel to a lamp, and the lamp gives light to the panel, will i have infinite light?

WHAT
what the hell
wtf

TEACH YOUR COMPUTA WITH DEEP LEARNING, MAKE IT READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING ! LMAO LOL

Obviously, but you need to surround it with mirrors just to make sure no light escapes. I generate enough power to charge my cellphone twice each day. Obviously I don't need to do that so I just reroute half the power gained.

what powers a mirror

and if you had a ball made of mirror on the inside and you put a lit candle inside the ball (it's a big ball ok) what would it look like inside

Mirror is a passive element, like an isolator.
Depends where you're looking from.

Union laws have provisions against it.

petapixel.com/2011/12/02/trippy-photos-shot-using-a-box-made-with-mirrors/

Enjoy.

i think electricity, you can see yourself in it when u plug it to the wall

they do work at night
but our efficiency is not good enough to harvest the magical sungnomes that travel from the moon

>Why can't solar panels work at night?
They can't process the cheese beams which radiate from the moon.

Tbh Tbh desu

At night I use a solar panel and a telescope to steal power from my neighbor's lights. They haven't noticed.

Because.

wtf i hate the moon now