Android 7.0

What exactly did this add that was significant? Google's basically doing what Mozilla did with Firefox numbering system.

This is basically 5.2. What justifies a whole other number? 2.0>3.0>4.0>5.0 were huge jumps. This is just incremental.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2016/07/19/android-7-nougat-ama-roundup/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

owned

Who the fuck cares you autistic fuck they're just numbers.

>What exactly did this add that was significant?
Cats. Gotta collect my cats.

Battery problems on the 5x

I like the split screen and also that quick toggle menu is pretty nice. I just hate google won't give me my dark theme, WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO IMPLEMENT. Fucking white everywhere now, they even made the notification bars all white, FUCK.

only fedora tipping edgelords like dark themes

features are saturated
don't expect anything besides gimmicks an UI redesign for a while

I just like improved battery life, and its nicer on the eyes. Also I don't mean like a deep black color, I mean more grey.

Android 7 has made their tablets somewhat usable now. I might actually get a android tablet now just because of the split screen feature.

share pic user

tnx

>I just like improved battery life

Most displays don't improve battery life just using darker colors, and the backlight is the worst offender anyway.

Does it improve performance? Or is it still laggy?

5.3**
Marshmallow is 5.2

They gave an official statement on that. Basically said that it'd take too much time for a feature that only a few people would use.

This is neat desu. Nexus 7 (2013) here.

is it true that the N7 2013 won't be supported?

I disagree, Android still doesn't have a true desktop mode like what Canonical is doing with Unity 8 and Microsoft with Continuum.
Half-assed chink solutions like RemixOS are a joke.

>wanting to kill your eyes

Unfortunately yes. I'm glad there's AOSP so I can enjoy it on my nexus 7 though.

Wait, so they're canning it? The feature hasn't been pushed back, just canned?

>As simple as we tried to make it, implementing dark theme meant doing twice as much design work and twice as much verification that visual styling was implemented correctly. It wasn’t a good allocation of design and engineering resources. In many places, like WebView, it simply wasn’t possible to convert content to a dark theme while preserving the content author’s original intent. Leaving a half-working feature in the platform, where developers would be expected to support it, wasn’t acceptable. So I’ve had to personally kill the feature twice, and ultimately it’s been for the benefit of the platform.

9to5google.com/2016/07/19/android-7-nougat-ama-roundup/

The did an AMA on reddit or something.

But i can do that on my Android 6 rom

but can u do THIS?
didn't think so nerd
owned

what is this?

new easter egg, kinda like cat collector

Oh wow it's really getting worse

nani?

That had better be a trap

n-no it's not...

>Google's basically doing what Mozilla did with Firefox numbering system.
Google did it first with Chrome.

Oh hey they made the quick notifications not suck

Hey remember when we used to care about android because we thought they were the good guys in the battle versus Apple?

Then the botnet happened.

looking at XDA its also bricked a few 5x

I don't like Android anymore. It used to be good but Google is a bunch of FAGGOTS. I still rage when I think about how fruity and space wasting material design is.

No wonder they didn't ship it out to me yet

>kinda like cat collector
and what's that?

Load of bollocks. Poo in loos are more competent than Google devs.

>mfw be been doing that since KitKat on my samshit devices

Even Mi robot managed to add dark UI and their code is a fucking mess.

>Mi robot
*Microshit

NEW EMOJIS XD

Yeah I bought my 5x because I was excited for N, but i guess that drezm is dead.

works for me :^)

WOO🥒🥔🥝🥑

aosp is fine, it's google/nexus that is botnet

Or so you think. Did you get a push OTA tthrough the beta? Have you run any battery benchmarks?

>samsung galaxy s5 on verizon

see you guys next month