Macfags WILL defend this

Macfags WILL defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

one is proprietary and one is not

nope, I'm a certified macfag (I'm sure you meant applefag). I do not approve of this nonsense by apple. Then again, as bad as iPhones may be, they're better than the alternatives. Jack of all trades lad

>lightning
>not proprietary

how is lighting not proprietary?

Apple has found yet another way to print money

t. former applefag, current hackintosh fag

>lightening to 3.5mm audio cable
>only $29.99

o-okay

just buy 30 chink ones and keep a few on you at all time.

The Nokia adapter will only work with one specific model of phone. The Lightning adapter is USB-based and will work on all Mac products with the right port and can work on all Mac products with an adapter.

>no expandable memory
>no more 3.5 jack
>better than the alternatives

kek

my friend that is not what proprietary means.

The Nokia Adapter works on all Nokias made from 2001 to 2006. Pop port was standard on S40 and S60 Nokias.

>done to make phone thinner
>same thickness as last gen iphones

>proprietary
>only compatible with one model or model line of products
Yes it is. Plus, the Lightning port is an IEEE standard, which means that it could work on non-Mac devices (although I'm not sure why you'd want that unless you're poor) with an adapter card or device. Lightning is also based on the USB protocol, so the adapters can be made cheaply without the need for an active converter.

Lightning supports analog audio?

I don't need expandable memory lad, I'd be happy with 16 :^) needed storage isn't the same for everyone

>no more 3.5mm
as long as they include the adapter, that argument is rendered useless.

Just as long as they don't decrease battery life and include that feature where most functions are turned off during long sleep periods, that'd be aweosme. I dont know why I'm typing it here anyway, they wont read it, I'm just bored and horny

No, the signal has to be converted. I really wish the analogue meme would die.

>analogue meme
this is bait right?

>I'd be happy with 16
>16GB
>current year

>not listening to the pure ones and zeroes

Analogue sound can be successfully replicated into digital formats, or as close to it that it is indistinguishable to the human ear. now go buy some $10k snake-oil mineral cables for your HIS DAC signal cleaning PCIe card.

>Not proprietary
>only works on apple made products, specifically their phones

W E W

I wouldn't really care if the industry came out with a standard flat analog connector, and I could even deal with a standard digital connector like USB-C or something.

I can't even tolerate the notion of buying different sets of headphones that only work with one brand of devices or another.

I am not some waifish hipster with skin-tight jeans, so unnecessary proprietary bullshit is a much bigger problem for me than a phone that is 0.2 mm thicker.

Lighting is openly standardized in virtually all fields of use.

Wires get in the way, just go wireless...

you know what is really humorous is that some of you are preparing for this right now, when the clearest way to overcome this issue is to simply not use apple products

why the fuck are normies so obsessed with thin phones? once its fucking less than like 1cm thick it really doesn't matter other than having tight pants and being a faggot. I mean what the fuck is the point?

so that it will break at the slightest touch, making a need for it to be replaced. phone manufacturers line their pockets with money from the same few idiots over and over.

capitalism

>I don't need expandable memory lad, I'd be happy with 16 :^)

You're one of those dumb fucks that fell for the streaming music racket aren't you?

>Analogue sound can be successfully replicated into digital formats
Not by a thin anus declog cable.

>Buying a decent quality DAC every time you break the cable.
>Not putting the DAC in the fucking phone.
>Shitting on audiophiles for their placebo shit.

Next Apple's going to remove the CPU. "It took up too much space so we removed it. If you really need it you can buy a CPU-to-lighting cable. If you want to plug in headphones at the same time you can buy this lightning port splitter. If you want anal stimulation you can plug your phone into your rectum."

So serious question here, are there any actual reasons not to go full wireless? Wired has only made sense to me if you're a gamer and obsessed with "muh latency", but then you shouldn't even be using USB. And "replacing batteries" is a kind of bad argument since I've had USB mice that go at least 5 months on 2 AA batteries without ever turning it off.

Personally, I'd like to see everything go wireless, down to the desktop (placing the machine on top of a "power pad" like wireless charging) and the monitor.

I suppose you also like your Wi-Fi connection to drop to 10kbps, your monitor to flicker off and on, your mouse cursor to be unresponsive and jump across the screen, and your desktop reboots every 1~5 minutes from you completely flooding the EM spectrum with your digital excrement.

>he doesnt have a dedicated music player
>he doesnt have a portable cassette player

>he doesnt have a dedicated music player

What is this 2001 or do you live in fucking Detroit that you're afraid to come out of the house with your phone?

Wired headphones aren't jammed by microwave ovens.

>I'd like to see everything go wireless
yeah, maybe then you'll see how annoying "charge management" can be

>proprietary

>that feel when u want to upgrade from your iphone 6 but you just got memed on hard by apple

well that's it then
i guess i'm taking this phone to the grave

Why can't we just move to a 2.5mm jack...

Nobody uses that either

So if that thing is a DAC, I'd guess it's an extremely shitty one considering the size.
Or does the lightning port have analog audio out, and the DAC is in the phone?

It has a dac so they can justify the price

Yes really, I don't know what you fuckers do but I have 5gb worth of music, 3 games, couple of social apps, bunch of photos, still have ~1gb left. Not a heavy user user, single charge lasts like 2 days lads, so not a heavy user. I may go back to 5s or 4s, their builds were a lot better. iOS is next to godliness if you don't wanna fuck around with themes and all that nonsense.

No, I'm completely detached to any streaming service.

honestly I avoid wireless out of health concerns. not obsessively, but I don't need any extra brain/ball cancer waves

also audio quality, and drivers

But at least it's still analog and the standard has been around for a long ass time.

You can do pass through analog with it afaik.

Do you not go outside, either? You know the sun puts out waves in the electromagnetic spectrum.

Yeah, but the energy is spread through a broad spectrum, not a needle sharp one at 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
Artificial radiation waves are harmful, but the wireless companies don't want you to know about it and are constantly interfering with real research on the subject.

Not that user, but man I'm sure your body can handle those frequencies. Chill

not him but it's many orders of magnitude difference in the RF spectrum, or else consumer radio devices would clearly be impossible to operate with the background noise.

I'm not overly concerned with bluetooth, but I wouldn't want to have an active wifi device right next to me for hundreds or thousands of hours a year.

These things obviously aren't causing millions of cases of spontaneous cancer, but it would shock me if we didn't learn some day that they significantly increase the likelihood of -some- malady or another.

well user, that actually is what I study. EM health effects vary hugely by frequency, from a gamma ray treatment that rips apart cancer cells to harmless 60Hz radio waves from power lines.

Sunlight contains a lot of UVC and UVB light that causes cancer/burns. That what the whole sunscreen (+melanin) thing deals with.

2-5Ghz is relatively high energy for radio communication, and thus more likely to damage cells/DNA. This is under-researched because there is very little funding interest in scaring customers, and because it doesn't present an outlying threat that will advance an academic career to study.

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave

Leave Apple to me.

>as long as they include the adapter, that argument is rendered useless.
Why would they bother including it ? I mean, it's ONLY $80 guise amirite?

Sure everyone prefers having to use an adapter for a 0.3mm thinner phone.

R.I.P. in peace

>2016
>still using wired

LMFAO desu sam senpai

Then iosfags will argue that the apps open 500ms faster which literally nobody gives a fuck about.

What are you on about? Think before you reply

Yes? Just leave it connected to the headphone? It'd be nice if they included stock ear buds, they probably will instead of the adapter. Those are fine enough for me to listen to songs with, low profile too, hopefully it's not branded beats or some shit. I couldn't care less about the phone going thinner, as long as that shit doesn't bend like the "plus" crap they pulled out with 6 and 6s.

But yea so far, iPhones have been the perfect phone for me as I go /out/ a lot. I pray for the long sleep thing I mentioned earlier, and don't give a fuck for thinness or 3.5mm input.

:^) androidfags used to initiate it with their 377488272999GHz 1200core processors and 8184884 tB ram. If you (general) know anything about operating systems you'd realise it's more than that m8

Yeah I know. Cpu cores have nothing to do with app startup time. But nobody cares about those milliseconds, shame that is the only thing that Iphone is better at.

Macintosh pretty much inveted modern computing and is still revolutionizing it on a daily basis. I see nothing wrong with this cable

Cuck

kek. Steve would've had heads rolling were he alive today. Stupid homeopathic douche.

>plug on the bottom of the mouse

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT OF THAT

I will never understand why phone manufacturers think ditching the headphone port is going to work so great this time around.

You forgot: memory management and stability :^> why use Linux at all user?

Both are better on Android and linux

>56350474
Iphone with ios is the most stable platform. Linus tech tips did a review on that.

no, no i won't. shit decision.

So they abandoned that port within 5 years. And people got mad when Apple moved away from the dock connector after a decade

just use your magic trackpad while you wait for it to charge user! Or are you too poor to buy one? :^)

> tfw 2007 Apple is better than 2016 apple
Saying that though, their prosumer stuff is great. Mouse/keyboard and everything else consumer-wise is just down the drain.

yes. This is the kind of forward-thinking that i like. You will never truly enjoy the apple experience until you own several apple-ecosystem devices

Well obviously you don't know shit my friend

If you actually knew shit, you wouldn't bitch about memory management. Chances are they both handle it identically

They aren't, I have time on my hands, their mapping is vastly different

Go ahead make a video or write an article about it, I will read your reasoning. Until then, you are just shilling.

Not even a macfag, but honestly this fucking tech has been around since 1964

Come on Sup Forums, it's time to get with the fucking times!

Everything about the phone you hold in your hands is modern and state of the art, screen, processor, EVERYTHING except that shitty 3.5mm headphone plug.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

>The 3.5 mm or miniature and 2.5 mm or sub-miniature sizes were originally designed as two-conductor connectors for earpieces on transistor radios. The 3.5 mm connector, which is the most commonly used in portable application today, has been around at least since the Sony EFM-117J radio which was released in 1964.

It's fucking time, Sup Forums

It's time for bluetooth tech and wireless to step up and improve and give us the quality of sound necessary to give up this ancient relic!

All the grandfathers and retards can go out and buy an adapter like OP's because

>b-b-buh-but muh headphone plugz!

The rest of us will live in the year 2016

I am not a macfag
I am not a shill

I am calling for all phone manufacturers to step up and get rid of this old 60's tech and look toward the future!

Since you actually seem nice and interested, install both on VM, (iOS vm is a pain), and run top monitors on both and play with it. Process handling and mem mapping is much better

This better be bait

If android has not changed linux's process and memory management, that is a huuuge statement you are making. Also you can't decide which is better just by monitoring. Again you are not making any argument yet.

This shit goes beyond apple and iPhones

I could fucking care less about your shitty iPhone vs android war

I am tired of using shitty wired plugs from 50+ years ago

I want wireless tech to improve to the point I'll never have to wear a fucking wire like a retard again

I am dead fucking serious

apple doesn't include the adaptor with anything, because that is leaving money on the table.

plus it's most likely that the adaptor will break first. if it is the lightning jack on the phone that break first... you're fucked.

DIY cunt

I am not the one making the bald argument.

>Saying that though, their prosumer stuff is great.

great at being ignored by apple.

>and will work on all Mac products
No Mac has a Lightning port.

I use bluetooth, why don't you?

Applel will not include an adapter, only pic related. When they break after a week, you'll have to either buy a new pair of Applel certified headphones or the adapter for a low price of $29.99

I use bluetooth, but it will never improve to sound as good as wired headsets until we give up the ancient relic of the 3.5mm wired headphones

>the year 2016
>people will defend ugly wires hanging from them and snagging on shit instead of the convenience of pic related

>tfw they deliberately weaken the lightning port so that they break after 2 years of use.

>but it will never improve to sound as good as wired headsets until we give up the ancient relic of the 3.5mm wired headphones

If i spent 200 bucks on a decent earphone, I would be quite mad.

apple is known to make the most reliable hardware on the market so...

Kek, that's a meme.

oh good, because they have $70 older models that still sound good

You can find them much cheaper on amazon too

NO EXCUSE Sup Forums

NO EXCUSE TO USE SHITTY WIRED TECH FROM THE 1960'S

No it isn't. It is designed in California by american engineers.