topre a shit
prove me wrong: oh wait you can't

Preparing...

Alright, we'll go over the basics one more time
>No shitty lights
>No num pad
>Compact overall
>Under $40

If you buy a keyboard with any more features than this one, then just be upfront and admit you only bought it because you think it makes you a cool "professional gamer".

> (OP)
>Alright, we'll go over the basics one more time
>>No shitty lights
>>No num pad
>>Compact overall
>>Under $40
>If you buy a keyboard with any more features than this one, then just be upfront and admit you only bought it because you think it makes you a cool "professional gamer".

Fucking kek. I bought a Strafe RGB because I like the RGB LEDs. I hardly game anyway.

Overall happy with my Anne Pro. Not bad for a $70 bluetooth mech.

Anyone knows EU stores that send stuff internationally? Preferably german store. To be exact i need some sort of cheap 61 key keyboard for typing.

Btw, blue mx switches have actuation point after the "click"? Right now im using mx black and it's pretty hard to avoid typos because of that 2mm actuation point.

My cable came in.
>Aluminum plugs
>Charging LED that's perpetually green
>Braided sleeving, probably the least stiff braided sleeving I've encountered
It's a lot less awkward to take in and out compared to the stock cable because of the straight connection. Snaps in pretty solidly.

Is the NAOS any good? I've been thinking of getting one.

Alright I fell for the meme, the CM Quickfire is in the mail. I regret it already.

I use a palm grip with the Naos. I used to claw/fingertip grip my Deathadder 3.5G and I thought about getting the Avior instead since it looked like it would fit my grip style. Then RocketJumpNinja released his video on it and then I ordered a Naos 7000 instead.

Your fingers are forced into a set position but it's the most comfortable thing ever once you find your grip. It's kind of hard to pick up, not because of weight, but because of the coating. It's slippery until you start sweating, but the grip issue is fixable with vinyl electrical tape. Everything works out of the box including the DPI buttons, but software (wangblows only) is required for rebinds and changing the LEDs. It feels more solid than my Deathadder, which I thought was pretty solid already. All the clicks feel good. Scroll wheel has smoother steps than the Deathadder and it's a bit noisy.

>tldr: very solid, extremely comfortable mouse that's a bit hard to pick up.

What caps pham?

Take a guess.

consider about getting this as my first compact
how are the switches?
no original mx i read

Didn't get a response last thread so I'll post with a pretty picture this time.

The spacebar on my Poker II sometimes gets stuck down, only when the keycap is all the way on the stabilizers though, if it's only just on then it works fine. I've been considering replacing the stabilizers as a last ditch effort in case the new space bar I'm gonna order has the same problem. It seems that the Poker II has a custom made stabilizer wire though, without the bump in the middle or hook action from either side, so I don't know if it's gonna fit.

The spacebar I have on at the moment is a Granite PBT DSA with a slight curve in in, when I straightened it out the spacebar problem got infinitely worse, so I bent it back to a more usable angle, cracking the spacebar in the process. The fact that it got worse when I straightened the spacebar made me dubious as to whether replacing the spacebar is gonna fix anything at all.

Caps for faggots.

>No num pad
droped

Where can I get blank, flat windows key replacement key caps for Topre?
And I'm assuming only place to get PBT Topre space bar is wait for a massdrop again...

I need to clean both, especially the model M.
The spacebar on the TK is the keycap it comes with because the one in the blue set didn't fit, RIP

NEED

Seriously, why does nobody sell blank ISO PBT caps?

>tfw bought the corsair strafe rgb because I needed a mechanical keyboard that made less noise and they where the only ones with the "silent" cherry mx switches

How can a company make software this fucking bad? Even fucking Razer just lets me plug in my keyboard and it works but not with Corsair, I have to sit here unplugging and replugging and soft resetting the dam thing every fucking morning because their shitty software is incapable of installing firmware correctly.

Any alternatives because I want to throw this dam thing out of the window.

massdrop.com/buy/blank-pbt-keycaps?mode=guest_open
Massdrop has been selling this NPKC set with an optional ISO kit for a decent price the last two or three times it dropped.

ukkeycaps.co.uk/product/gateron-thick-pbt-blank-keycaps-iso-ansi
UK-Keycaps will probably restock these eventually. Funny thing is that he buys full ANSI sets, harvests every 8th set to get a small shift and extra 1u keys and adds an ISO enter bought separately.

More and more PBT manufacturers are acquiring the molds necessary for ISO. As an added bonus dye sublimation is really just a printing technique which means it's reasonably cheap to add more layouts. We might get ISO sets with high quality legends that won't fade and layout support for most of Europe.

This is the one I have here
I got it from massdrop and it was delivered in a month or so after the drop ended, which is alright for living in E. Europe.
It was ~30 bucks with shipping, p. cheap, and the caps are nice quality.
But if you want to get them check if the spacebar fits before ordering lel

>Budget
literally cheapest i can get
>Location (continent at least)
UK
>Preferred switch type
black>red>clear>brown
>Layout
i like the big enter key
>Form factor
TKL (not strict)
>Backlight
nah
>Previous/current keyboards
non mech

Is there really any difference between the Ducky One and Ducky Shine 5 other than RGB?

old man fart board do you still play with legos? haahahahha

fuck you

thanks

Honestly tkl is the most meme form factor

i like it. my desk isnt big. i need to fit things on it.

Why not a 60% or a 75% that doesn't waste space

sure, any of those are fine.

I'll have to disagree. Can't use a fullsize with mouse playing fps comfortable.

ttps://corus-kb.com/en/choc-mini-84/13-noppoo-choc-mini-84-usb-nkro.html

anyone have experience with aliexpress.com/item/mecha keyboard/32676642219.html ?

>Budget
Up to 80€, but the cheaper, the better, I'm ok with chinese keyboards
>Location
Southern europe, using an EN layout is not an issue
>Preferred switch type
Actuation force or linear/tactile does not bother me. Noise does, so blue switches are out of question. Have basic soldering skills, so I could swap switches down the road, assuming I'd find them for cheap (where could I get them btw? Ok with either cherry mx or clones)
>Layout
Indifferent, can work with either iso or ansi
>Form factor
Full size only, I need a dedicated numpad
>Backlight
Yes. Solid blue lighting, or option to set this
Some rubber dome one

Gateron blacks or gateron yellows?

Ugly poopoo, case is bad, logo looks like shit and it's right on the front of it, badly made, shilled by the chinese.

Ok bud look I'm gonna recommended the job v60 mini with gateron blacks.

i said cheapest as can be and you both recommended £100+ keyboards. that isnt cheapest as can be.

Nice space bar, I am jelly :^)

see 3rd post in this thread

I think the ducky one uses better PBT caps while the shine uses cheap ABS

You want cheap here you go

Quickfire ultimate has all those except the blue backlighting unless you go with the blue switches, if you want red switches it'll have red backlight. They usually go for cheap second hand, check around.

Dubs decides if i buy a topre board or no

maybe

If you want switches mechanical keyboards is an official cherry partner so you can buy from there. They cost around $55 for a full set

Getdigital has some unicomps
Keyboardcompany in uk

>tfw no greens

rip..?

:^)

Thanks, but I think I'll pass if I can't get both blue backlight and non blue switches

Thanks as well. Meanwhile I found an ebay seller with packs of gaterons for sale, 30 something € per 120 pack seems good for a past time project. Maybe too good, but searched a bit and feedback on them seems to be legit

Maybe you could buy a project board and just solder it together yourself. It'll cost you more than 80 euros total but you can buy switches now, board later, keycaps whenever, etc
In the end you'll have something perfectly tailored for your needs.

I thought about it, but maybe I'd rather grab something that works out of the box, then tinker with when I feel like it. Hence why I don't mind going with cheaper chinese brands.

I'm a Mac user from Finland and want a mechanical keyboard. What are my options?

>Get a Macintosh Extended Keyboard
It would be the best option, but they're not for sale anywhere and they need an adapter. Sure, you can find the US layout version for 90001 dollars on ebay, but I specifically need the ÖÅÄ.

>Buy a generic mechanical keyboard
Do they have the Mac-style Shift-Control-Alt-Command -setup?

What keyboard is this?

jesus christ that's beautiful, what keyboard?

>Shift-Control-Alt-Command
Literally every keyboard that uses a common, standard layout will have that, the only difference is that the super key is between control and alt rather than beside the spacebar.

>the only difference is that the super key is between control and alt rather than beside the spacebar.
That's exactly what I didn't want. It has to be control-alt-command-spacebar.

> Literally every keyboard
So I'm completely out of options?

You can change that in the system preferences you macbabby

Alright, so any mechanical keyboard will do?

Yes.

>Shift-Control-Alt-Command
That sounds more like an EMACS setup than a Mac one.

AHHAHAHAHAHAH

Thoughts on the new set MiTo announced? Laser

Yellow

I need a TKL, looking at going with KUL. Is there any big reason not to?

サクラ、散ル...

It's cool. Ive never had GMK, I'd like to try it. Pic for those who haven't seen

your yeti's monitor gain knob should be facing you. the microphones face forward and back.

thanks for the advice. i got it for christmas and haven't really tinkered around with it much.

No problem. I own one myself and its a nice versatile microphone.

rapid-i was shit. Need a repalcement, what do you guys suggest?

FC750R, has sound dampening material in the bottom so feelsgoodman

cute and very gay keyboard. Waiting on key caps now.

noice

What's so good about yellow

aesthetic, but fix your mic positioning
can't wait to see those key caps, mind telling us the colours you chose?

I like the caps lock; very cute

G20 daylight set and the outer is g20 grey GDE blanks.

Hello there, frenchfag here (you'll see why it matters after the template)

>Budget
200€ max ( ~$220)
>Location
Europe, France.
>Preferred switch type
I'd prefer softer, more silent, not-so-clicky switch. If it exists
>Layout
ISO, but i'm back at the problem I talked about before.
>Form factor
60% > 65-75% > TKL
>Backlight
None is fine. Anything but RGB if there is.
Cheap ass HP, and current is Logitech G110.

Basically, stuff like the FC750R posted before gives me a full-on boner.
But, like many others it probably isn't available in AZERTY. Which I would be fine with if QWERTY keyboards had letters I use because i'm a frenchfag (like é, è, à, ç ...)

Any idea ?

Novatouch TKL with EnjoyPBT aftermarket keycaps. I just couldn't say no to Topre with mx compatible stems for $120.

CM has some Cherry MX options in a similar case too.

Buy any keyboard and download Karabiner.

What are objectively the best switches for playing roguelikes?

Thanks

Who /stockkeycaps/ here?

are there decent wireless mechanical keyboards?

Why didnt hall effect keyboards catch on?

Mito is a faggot tho.

>PBT Keycaps: For upcoming keyboards. MasterKeys will be the first keyboard to come with PBT keycaps.

Is Cooler Master the first gaymin brand to do this sort of thing?

I think so, ever other brand comes with cheap abs shit.
which model are you talking about? the current pro l, m and s are all with abs caps

They're going to have a model in the future that's called just plain "MasterKeys" that'll come in full-size and TKL. No backlight.

Certainly the first popular gaming brand to do that.

There's some other gaymen keyboard with (doubleshot I presume) PBT keycaps. Not sure if it was from maxkeyboards or some other place.

I'm imagining that the cooler master PBT keycaps will be laser etched.

Why do you care about what's printed on keycaps? You can type in any layout on any keyboard.

Requiring french layout restricts you to pretty much only mainstream gayman keyboards.

Masterkey pro s has a french version.

You'll have more options if you stop looking at your keyboard when typing. Like pok3r, if you want 60%.

you could get blank keycaps

I'll check later but maybe someone knows right now: does anyone know if step-sculpture low profile keycaps (like the ones that come with Varmilo or Leopold) are compatible with DSA profile keycaps? I want to put the remainder of my Hana set to use on my VA87.