Apple has more or less made it so that there is no reason to steal iPhone anymore...

Apple has more or less made it so that there is no reason to steal iPhone anymore. We get threads here every day and the answer is always the same. You are not unlocking or resetting a stolen iPhone. It's just another example of Apple's unrivalled determination to protect its legitimate customers' data.

But how come we never see threads about unlocking stolen Android phones? Is it easy to unlock them, so threads are never made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqzj46gXyHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nigger no steal droids

Androidfag here, is it really that impossible?

Can't you brute-force jailbreak it or flash stock firmware (assuming you don't give a shit about the owner's data).

You have physical access, surely it's not that hard.

You can unlock them its not that difficult if you have the right equipment. (Hot air soldering station flux etc.... a miscroscope) Costs 50 € here in Yurope and can be done by your local phone repair shop. I cloud is not 100% safe stop believing the marketing bullshit.

[citation needed]

Android phones can be unlocked,
a -friend- of mine did it to -his- Samsung S6
you just change the imei in the phone after you have rooted the phone, that cant be done in iPhones

youtube.com/watch?v=kqzj46gXyHc
even the chinks can do it

the average nigger thief wont

Advanced soldering and chip replacement is so easy like you said. Common thieves will definitely jump all over this.

I do it myself and its still profitable, invested 2000 € in equipment have a degree in electrical engineering and business management. After buying 3 stolen iphones on ebay or from people who bought locked iphones it pretty much paid for itself. I'm a nigger myself, just get over it. Its possible, and i'm sure your average joe could do it.

Your average joe with a degree in electrical engineering :')

Leave the thread idiot.

>Is it easy to unlock them, so threads are never made?
Yes. You can protect them, but normally they are not well protected against it.

And this

The vast majority of Androids aren't encrypted and locked with a decent password/fingerprint.

Good encryption and good fingerprint reader is one of the areas where iPhones have had a huge advantage so far.

Of course Android fans like to sperg out how fingerprints can be hacked and that's true, but that's just not something most thieves can or are willing to do so it ends up being very safe AND very convenient.

inb4 applefag
I don't have an iPhone because I find iOS too limiting.

>Government pushes for STEM education
>Jamal can now solder his way into an iPhone

>giving your fingerprints to Samsung botnet

Lel.

>Fingerprint
>Secure

I'd rather use an actual password than something a 14 year old with a kit off ebay can lift and use off the fucking phone itself.

Prints are for people that are just too inferior to remember and quickly enter good passwords. The people who lease phones, for instance.

>implying it's that easy

maybe with optimal conditions and lots of patience, otherwise you're fucked.

There is supposedly a way to do it on iOS 7 devices, but since iOS 8 there hasn't been a way to unlock an iPhone bar finding the owner and smashing their teeth out for their pin, icloud username and password, and cutting their finger off for the finger scanner. An iPhone that's been reset with iCloud activated asks for Language, Internet Connection, then iCloud username/password in that order, unlike Android which has several different menus before checking for a Google Account.

Don't you need a legit chip to replace it with though?

>implying niggers won't keep stealing them anyway

>iCloud bruteforce (aka fappening)
>FBI breaks into iPhone of San Bernardino shooter
>Apple willingly gives data on people running KickassTorrent
Truly unrivaled determination to protect its legitimate customer's data.

Android
>Get SD card with cyanogenmod
>Restart phone and install it
>put your simcard on it
>phone is yours know

>iCloud bruteforce
old bug

>FBI
third party company and it was a 5c so it didn't have the secure enclave

>Kickass
Kickass was one of the biggest torrent websites and had their own shit on there, do you really think they let this shit slide?

You need 2 chips, one of them can be bought of the shelf the other one is a "proprietary" apple chip made in china. And we all know that in china proprietary doesnt exist. Everything has a price, with a little bit of research you ll find a supplier. The two chips cost around 2-3 bucks depending on model

>iCloud
It's not iCloud, really, it's the Apple account. iCloud setup comes later.

iCloud can only be bypassed if you change the two chips. The iCloud accout is bound to the hardware.