I'm thinking about switching to Windows 10 for muh gayman...

I'm thinking about switching to Windows 10 for muh gayman. Are there ways to circumvent most of the shit that's wrong with it, or is the entire OS completely borked with no way around it?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/50bd1k/in_onedrive_you_can_search_text_inside_of_an_image/
youtu.be/d_zPIGrFypI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Ways to circumvent most of the shit that's wrong with it.
Install Gentoo.

there's no way to disable the botnet in spyware 10 except permanently disconnecting it from the internet

DESIGNATED

spybot beacon. one button turns off all the spy shit that mentally ill privacy fags worry about.

Why?
Everyone knows how fucked it is. Why was switching to 10 your idea for gaming?
Why not just use 7 or 8? Why even consider 10?

I want to play Forza Horizon 3 and Killer Instinct.

>if I pretend its okay it'll stop being a problem
>better insult those who threaten my confidence in my delusion

if you actually cared you would use linux. you dont actually care, youre just a hipster. same kind of faggot that used xp while everyone was using windows 7.

2016:
>if you worry about your privacy, then you must be mentally ill

2036:
>if you worry about big brother looking at you through the mandatory anti-terrorism cameras in your house, then you must be mentally ill

No. Unless you plan on using it primarily offline. Spyware is built in. The best you can do is make an external firewall to block every single Microsoft domain, and install Spybot anti-beacon. Windows will still try to phone home though. Why not just use 7 or 8.1? They perform much better in gaming, other than on dx12 games which are exclusive to W10.

I do use linux, faggo~

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/50bd1k/in_onedrive_you_can_search_text_inside_of_an_image/

Apparently onedrive can pickup and index text inside an image. Nothing suspicious here.

>Why not just use 7 or 8.1? They perform much better in gaming
How so?

once you deactivate the "getting to know you" shit from cortana, can you reactivate it later?

>thinking it's deactivated

i meant, still it won't bother me directly I just want to know if the option allows me to go back if I wanna go full cortana coz i'm a normie

>FH3
Go drive a real car faggot
>Killer Instinct
All modern fighting games are shit, don't bother with it

because they don't sell win7 or 8.1 anymore. All i can find on the store is win10, clicking on 7, vista or XP just tells me i should upgrade but don't give me the option to buy.

>sell
>buying windows
I hope this is bait.

I don't think you can use vs if you pirate windows

>he doesn't know how to pirate properly
:^)

thread belongs to Sup Forums

Disconnecting from Internet and LAN too.

Move the thread to or

>Buy windows in 2016

Kek

Wait, this is a common issue since Windows 8? I thought it was just my PC or maybe W10.

That's a joke about the bad interface designs of metro/modern/whatever the fuck they call it and how fucking hard it was to find the shutdown-button in it the first time. Not tech issues like with 10.

Oh, well shit. I thought those girls were supposed to be Windows, and weren't using Windows.

It is one half of Windows 8, tho

>The best you can do is make an external firewall

I wonder if you block everything by default and only whitelist sites that you access, would W10-tan go crazy?

It would behave the same as it does offline. But there are probably many backdoors in every piece of technology so you're never 100% safe from a targeted attack.

DON'T. I disabled Windows Update in Services AND IT'S NOT ONLY RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND, BUT IT'S FUCKING STUCK AND USING 50% OF MY CPU I FUCKING HATE IT. AND THIS IS FUCKING LTSB WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE """""""GOOD""""""" FUCK OFF GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

Maybe you should downgrade

stop the service retard

Yes, I'm fucking done with W10. A couple of days ago it automatically restarted during the night because I set my active hours for daytime and let something download over night. So instead of finishing the download and shutting off it just restarted and stayed on until I woke up. Then I got LTSB which everyone said was good. It isn't. It's the same fucking thing. Fuck this fucking OS

That's what I did retard, it just got stuck and then I let the update download and it's stuck at 5% while the CPU is still being used at 50%

enjoy not updating faggot

My brand new laptop arrived today. I knew it was coming with pre-installed windows 10, but me being me and having windows 7 usb around me all the time thought I could just install win7 and not needing to worry about win10 at all. However, this is probably just me but, whenever I get in the first step of installing windows 7 my mouse stops working. Anyone know what I should do? Also I'm gonna steal all of your reaction pics because I got nothing on this machine.

check for mobo drivers. Dont use it without ssd. Be prepared for Beta quality. Gets infected as fast as win7.

>Dont use it without ssd.
Why?

You bought a Memelake laptop so you need to use a tool or add the USB 3.1 drivers / XHCI yourself (slipstream). You can also check your bios for a Win7 install option and passthrough. Asus/MSI just about any manufacturer has a tool for this as well.

Pajeets can install it

youtu.be/d_zPIGrFypI

So I guess it's AMD next?

Muh goberment spyy mememememe botnet memeeeeeeee qin10 omgggfffffss

Use a lincuck shiteo insted and u wil be l33t haxor and cia wil fear u xd lol

>THEY WANT MUH DATA, THEY ARE USING ME AS UH BOT NETTT

says the self entitled hipster.

Oh honey they don't care what a sad little NEET is up too.

Nothing of value is lost, homosexual

Skylake platform? Wanna go in depth? I'm suffering in flu currently and wouldn't mind listening to some technology related that might possibly help me in the future.

You get Enterprise for the best version. Pro and Home are bad operating systems.

Funny how Sup Forums liked Windows 10 when it came out.

If the goverment would care about their data lincuck wont protect them, no matter how l33t haxor commands they type in the terminal

Face it, 99% of lincuck users on g only use it because it makes they are technology hipsters and it makes them feel special

g hates everything popular and love everything "hip" even is its unusable shit

I mean there were threads on how to force the update when Windows 10 came out.

Now it's "HURR DURR BOTNET".

No, it's fucked

life is too short to not use windows 10

Yep because its popular and widely used so its shit, g is like that with everything

Hates nvidia loved amd
Hates apple stuff loves shit tier android phones
Hates smartphones loves dumbphones

g is the most technologically retarded board, you can get better advices on b in tech stuff

7 is more "popular" and I don't see anyone hating that

Because 7 is not new

Memelake users run into issues installing whatever OS they like. Win7 particularly needs the third party USB 3.1 drivers. Usually intel and whatever other controller asmedia etc. Problem there is you might have two USB 2.0 ports so you would have to use the keyboard to install it while populating the mouse USB2 with a thumbdrive at least initially unless you install the USB 3.1 drivers during setup. XHCI handoff is just another setting in the bios similar to how AHCI/IDE used to be.

Linux has a plethora of issues with Memelake still.

Right

>Windows has issues
>but Linux has even more issues
just kill me

isn't there just a good OS that gets frequent updates and bug fixes

Interesting. I thought the skylake thing was just an Intel thing and only related to CPU's. I bought an ASUS K501UW. The 8gb ram, i5-6200U and Nvidia 960m.

Real talk, why does every Windows thread get shitposted to death with "privacy enthusiasts" but multiple smartphone threads are allowed to exist? Owning a smartphone is infinitely worse for your liberties than running Windows.

They have cognitive dissonance, or they're hypocrites, or flatout ignorant.

Just shitposters.

Because lincuck users think they are special because they use an unpopular and barely used desktop os, they know nothing about "privacy" only some shit memes

Richard Stallman literally says "DO NOT USE CELL PHONES." Do Linux users just ignore that?

When i was new to g i fell for the privacy invading win7 updates memes and nearly fell to the zenfone meme, but since then i learned to never listen to g in any tech related stuff because its always a shitty meme based advice

Shills woke up. Time to pack up. See ya tomorrow.

>Do Linux users just ignore that?
You can barely function in society without one nowadays.

Then stop claiming that you care so much about privacy

I just installed Win7 on a Skylake system the other day. Runs fine. User wanted off the Win10 train due to some bad experiences. The CPU thing about Skylake I believe is closed source or possible backdoors on the hardware itself. It's also supposed to refuse to run on Win7 or at least partially which will be put in place fully with Kaby Lake (no Win7 at all). AMD Bristol Ridge is doing the same thing too.

Did you use the method linked earlier?

MSI has a Win7 tool you can use with your Win7 source. All I did was check off the Windows 7 installation in the bios and XHCI handoff. I didn't require USB 3.1 though as the motherboard has two USB 2.0 slots for keyboard and mouse. I just kept the Mouse unplugged started the install until completed. I normally use keyboard on installation anyways.

>no win7 at all
Truly this is the end of times.

The laptop I got has two 2.0 USB ports tho.

You said laptop so you don't require a mouse anyways. Plug in a thumbdrive and install Windows 7 it's same as always. I'd check your bios first though to see if it has a Windows 7 setting and the XHCI handoff setting. Imagine you would be fine if you wanted to use Windows 7 on your Skylake lappy.

It's amazing how ignorant someone can be on a topic and still profess hatred of it.

That's the problem, no mouse works when trying to install win7. Yes we include the lappys own one.

Im not ignorant and my post is 100% right

I think it might get that way in a couple years perhaps. 2018ish at earliest. Pretty sure people will be fine on anything Intel 2nd Gen to Broadwell/Skylake until 2020 even. Who knows what will happen. I use passthrough in Linux so Win7 or Win10 doesn't much matter to me personally.

at least the grammar wasn't 100% right

Mouse issues are the main complaint. I didn't have a problem with USB 2.0 ports on Skylake with Mice. You can try using one of the various tools that will slipstream the USB drivers. That may alleviate your problems.

Enterprise LTSB

Mmmh, alright. I will look into this once I feel better. Are the asus drivers all the same btw? I can only find one page about drivers for asus laptops.

>switching to Windows 10 for muh gayman
Why? There really isn't some new viable gaming specs that Windows 10 posses that are worth its installation.
>is the entire OS completely borked with no way around it?
Duh. The low share and general public's disapproval of the OS despite the "free" upgrades should've been an obvious sign.

Asus might have a tool similar to MSI. They're generally good about those utilities. It will likely be listed under utilities on Windows 7 x64. Asus like MSI and others generally lists whatever drivers you might require for your specific version of Windows sometimes Linux.

I want to know specifically about the operating system, not about the games I can play on it.

Haven't spotted them in the bios at least yet.

>Why? There really isn't some new viable gaming specs that Windows 10 posses that are worth its installation.
It's just that I want to play some of the upcoming W10 exclusive games, so I figure that while I'm already doing a fresh OS install I might consider changing to W10.

Disable everything in privacy and during install, download and use Windows ultimate tweaker, usd start is back foe big icon on taskbar