If you use NodeJS for anything other than web back end you should end your life right now

If you use NodeJS for anything other than web back end you should end your life right now.

it's also useful for front-end stuff thanks to webpack. also, op is a faggot

/thread

Especially in regard of the size, buggyness and miserable high input latency of every electron/nwjs ebb ever.

>If you use NodeJS for anything ... you should end your life right now.

Fixed.

>not using node to develop cross platform CLI programs.

>using node to develop cross platform CLI programs

nwjs apps are much fasted than Gtk or Qt apps unless they were written by a bumbling idiot.

I use Go for my backend/servers now.

Anything else is retarded for networked applications that require high concurrency (including erlang).

his fridge doesn't run javascript

>what webfags believe

FACT: No other industries are hiring besides web and mobile.

The desktop is dead, no one is building new desktop apps.

Yes you can work for enterprise, but then you're literally a code money sitting in a cubicle debugging legacy .NET code all day getting paif 35k a year. You can literally only get a job in california, texas, or new york, and you aren't valuable because java/C#/.NET devs are a dime a dozen.

Web and mobile people can freelance, work remotely, travel the world, all while making 60-70k minimum.

Plus web and mobile people aren't in debt because they didn't waste money on grad school.

this is a sad truth.

>murican problems

Also

>Yes you can work for enterprise, but then you're literally a code money sitting in a cubicle debugging legacy .NET code all day getting paif 35k a year.

As opposed to being a HTML/CSS/Typescript/JS codemonkey with the same properties.

mfw I put my bet on JS taking over the world and learned that instead of 'real' programming languages. Shit turns out even better then I thought :^)

>As opposed to being a HTML/CSS/Typescript/JS codemonkey with the same properties.
Cubicles and Agile don't match user :)

1) no one uses typescript, it's a meme spread by MS shills

2) Web dev gives you much more freedom than enterprise, this is just fact.

>Agile
>no one uses typescript, it's a meme spread by MS shills
That would mean working with JS which is way worse

> Voting for one of two abysmal candidates gives you more freedom than one dictator, this is just fact

>shilling for typescript

It's not better than js. You just don't know how to use just because you're a moron

It is, because the type system makes it autimatically better you pleb.

Not sure if sarcasm?

>type system derived from pure js

1) You don't even need it

2) it's another layer of abstraction

Only MS shills use this.

>You don't even need it

>opinion discarded

you can do the same thing in python in half the lines of code.

that non blocking shit doesn't work in a shell script environment.

>node doesn't have synchronous functions
Nice meme.