Writing implements

What are you currently using? Post pens/pencils.

>he fell for the rotring meme

AMA

Is the Kuru Toga actually good, or just a meme?

large box of .7 pic related

how does it feel being cucked into using a safari nib in an overpriced bauhaus cartridge converter pen

TWSBI precision, very nice for price.

Only draw back is doesn't have the knurled grip of a rotring.

For wood pencil currently running some Mitsubishi stuff.

>Rotring 600
a bit to small grip, but extremely nice overall pen.

>graphgear 500
Fucking pisses me of that they made the shaft plastic

I swear by the Reform 1745. It's a cheap little german-made plastic fountain pen, but writes as well or better than more expensive pens I've used, and it's always ready when I need it no matter how long it's been sitting for.
Quality control is hit or miss so you might or might not get a good one, but still a surprisingly nice pen for what it is.

The 0.5mm rotring 600 looks like a pretty nifty pencil. Will I regret it? I've been using the same generic zebra 0.5mm for like 5 years.

800 is better. Retractable so won't stab you.

Smell it. Smells so good. I dunno why.

How's the Rotring Rapid Pro? Really loving my 300. I wanted to go for the 600 but the fact that it's unpocketable is a dealbreaker.

I have a mild fever now and don't smell anything.

Kuru Toga Uni
Rotring 600
Graphgear 500
Graphgear 1000
Rotring Tikky

le meme pen

Does anyone else find gel pens to be superior to ballpoint and ink pens???

good if you write chinese or japanese, not for much else

I find them real smooth, but I frequently deal with plastics I have to give to clients, and they smudge real bad.

I've experienced this too. It's that same quality that they don't bleed through pages though. Which is helpful to me.

Platinum OLEeNU 0.5 - Has an anti-breakage and lead saving mechanism that is honestly pretty cool. It's basic and plastic with a rubber grip otherwise.

Zebra Color Flight 0.5 - Like a P205 but slightly more modern with a twist up eraser.

Tombow Mono Graph Shaker 0.5 - shaker mechanism with twist eraser

Steadtler Mars 780 Lead Holder - bought it at my college book store, getting oxidized but still going strong.

Pilot G-2 0.5

Pentel p205 0.5

1 Zebra M-301 0.5 from the 90's that I absolutely love and 1 new one

Pentel Graph Gear 500 0.3

Rotring 600 0.5, silver body with black tip replacement for the lulz logo paint is flaking off which is bullshit for such $$$

Pilot Dr Grip Shaker 0.5

Pentel Clik Eraser, Tuff Stuff Stick and Pentel Tri-Eraser, Boxy Eraser and a whole shitton of little metal sleeve eraser replacements

Neox 0.5 4H, Ain Stein red and blue 0.5

Want to get a Pentel Kerry next

sweet collection

Earlier today I thought pencil boxes were for kids. That that thought is now gone from me.

This is some of my pens and I still collect pencils, pens and fountain pens but now I just usually use a sakura pigma micron and my tablet.

Are fountain pens for hipsters, or do they actually bring something to the table modern pens don't. Besides longevity I guess.

Been using this guy and it's super pleasant to jot notes down with. Makes me look forward to homework...

What's your favorite go-to?

For me it's because it writes very smoothly and large variety of inks. I just started from dip pens because I draw and that's when I got curious about FP's

smells like TECHNOLOGY
It's just a different writing experience and kind of fun. There's a reason they aren't used anymore though; they can leak, the flow can be uneven or unreliable, sometimes it's tricky to get a fine enough line in small spaces, and sometimes you have to get them going first if you haven't used it in a while.

My old M-301 probably

Thoughts on this pencil?

Pen - BIC Cristal
Pencil - Pentel twist

This. BIC Cristal Pens are god tier and cost $1.50/12

>Want to get a Pentel Kerry next
excellent taste bro

Are you guys artists or something? A G2 is all I'll ever need for taking notes or writing

what's a cheaper version of the Rotring 600?
Want something similar with a full metal body.
Getting the 600 anyway but was wondering what else is out there? Is the graphgear 500 a good alternative?

the rotation mechanism does work however mine had a short ~1 year life and never played nicely with lead like other pencils.

no
made my trip around the block with gel, liquid ink and others

came back home to fine tip ballpoint and am happy

in my experience gel smears and liquid ink had qc issues with even flow (perhaps this is biased since I only used Pilot products)

How do you like the Dr Grip? Found my old girl today.

My choice varies with mood and style. I typically use the GraphGear 1000, but I prefer the M-301 for orderly writing because of its weight.

go to aliexpress and look for redcircle for rotring knockoffs

It depends on what I am writing and what paper is available. When I want to enjoy writing I use fountain pens but my fall back is always a G-2.

eh, rather just get the original at that point. the knockoffs are probably shit compared to even a 6USD graphgear

If you like to tinker fountain pens are fun, also you get a massive amount of different inks you can use.

what notebook?

what notebooks do you guys like to use?

using rhodia rn

I make my own. It's a fun thing to do, just get paper you like and sow away.

>sow away
What are you planting? Do you mean sew?

Yes that's what I meant. I do like planting things too though. I'm thinking of ordering some of those meme pencils which sprout if you plant them.