/ctg/ Contactless General

Contactless
PayWave
Apple Pay
Android Pay

The future of payment.

In the UK it is now accepted at the majority of card payment terminals.

Why aren't you onboard yet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-4_on9zj-zs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't understand how apple pay and android pay are a thing. Apple and google are obviously getting some amount of money from each transaction. Why would the credit card companies/retailers (one or both of these are footing the bill) accept them? It doesn't seem like there is anything good in it for them.

With ApplePay you have to enter a passcode before you can complete a transaction which pretty much negates any benefit of using it over chip & pin.

They're probably taking a fractional amount. Banks are also probably thinking that if they don't jump in then they could lose business to banks who do. When you see how bad Apple fanboys can be would it really surprise you if people switched banks just so they could use contactless on their iPhone?

Plus it's likely the tech companies can push the new things a lot better than the banks can and they are going to be better getting the ball rolling on the tech side.
It's the future and you either get involved or risk being the next Blockbuster.

youtu.be/-4_on9zj-zs

Are you genuinely proud of having every single payment tracked by several companies and the government?
Are you sure nothing is wrong with your head?

You really think that info can't be found with any electronic payment form that's linked to your bank account?

>tfw I'm stuck with the barclays app

>You really think that info can't be found with any electronic payment form that's linked to your bank account?
That's the whole point.

Hands up if you have been REFUNDED money to your account by contactless. It makes you feel twice as futuristic and superior.

>implying that you can't cancel any transaction in the case of fraud

Jesus fucking christ, calm your tits, skiddies :^)

Barclays contactless is better than Android Pay, I don't even need to wake my phone to use it.

>45 year old script kiddie

If they're living in old castles, they probably aren't script kiddies any more.

Fraud. If he was a real hacker, he would use Arch.

The guy in the video did nothing but clone the data off a couple of chips using a plug in reader he bought.

My girlfriends five year old son could do that and I wouldn't be impressed.

Bullshit, my brother's roommate was a prolific hacker and he used a Mac as did all his hacker friends.

I agree; but I can't root my phone with it.

So it's a nontechnical show. it's not like he's going to show her how to crack a bcrypt hash or something.

>My girlfriends five year old son could do that and I wouldn't be impressed.
cuck

Author of marc4dasm, an Atmel MARC4 disassembler

Attended DEFCON since DEFCON 5

Author of rompar, a masked ROM optical data extraction tool

During Blackhat 2007, he demonstrated some of his new research on hotel safes in which he opened a hotel safe using only a paperclip and multi tool in under a minute.

What have you accomplished?

That's Gibson level desu

What's the security level of contactless cards vs chip-and-pin or magstripe?

Whichever uses tokens. Which, AFAIK none of them besides phones etc use.

Contactless is the least secure by virtue of it only having 1FA.

But can he write a fizzbuzz in Lisp?

>bong saying like thats an achievment
we've had contactless widely adapted for years
t. East euro

I tried paying for a vending machine soda with contactless and it didn't work.

>contactlessfags get completely and totally told in the last thread by common sense people that know this pseudotechnology will just get your shit stolen very easily
>LOL NEW THREAD
Probably paid shilling by companies supporting this shit creaming themselves with all the money they will make from people having to pay extra to fix their credit after getting hacked.

>owning a phone
>using your line of credit
>using anything other than cash
haha oh wow

I've tried paying twice with contactless, once with android pay on an NFC reader 6 months ago and samsung pay on a strip reader with the MST thing, nether time that shit worked. I just pulled out my card and put that shit, I don't want to be fucking with this meme shit while people are waiting in line behind me, chip might be slow but at least it just werks.

I kind of wish that there was a system like in the linked article where you just can show a qr code on your phone, which you or the cashier can scan, to pay for stuff.
People who are rooted or don't have NFC on their phones could pay for stuff easily like this.

Most Android users who want to use NFC payments are probably a little more tech savvy than the average person which also means they're more likely to root their phones. But if they root their phones they can't use NFC payments. Qr codes won't need root to be blocked.

>brush phone against contactless vending machine
>LOL $1 HAS BEEN DEBITED FROM YOUR ACCOUT ENJOY YOUR SODA

fuck NFC

> Apple and google are obviously getting some amount of money from each transaction.

banks do not need to pay transaction fees to google for android pay. apple is getting a cut of transaction fees.

> Why would the credit card companies/retailers (one or both of these are footing the bill) accept them?

because the credit card companies are making money from it too.

is it a passcode or is it a thumb print?

>Why aren't you onboard yet Sup Forums?

i have a contactless card.

however my bank does not support apple pay. my bank, along with some others, are trying to push the local competition authority to get NFC APIs in iOS for their own apps.