Wtf i love lenovo nao

im suddenly excited about tech innovation

and fuck you apple

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/08/31/lenovo-yoga-book-preview/
tabtimes.com/lenovo-yoga-book-hands-on-38700/
theverge.com/2016/8/31/12713442/lenovo-yoga-book-tablet-design-interview-android-windows
laptopmag.com/articles/thinkpad-type-off-is-lenovos-new-island-style-keyboard-better-or-worse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wtf am I looking at?

The worlds biggest fucking meme. You know how you hate typing on touchscreen already on laptops? Well lelnovo basically is forcing you to do it now unless you get an external bluetooth keyboard.

It's innovation you shithead.

>having to look down at the fucking keyboard while you type
LMAO..

LENOVO IS CHINK SHIT.

k

shit
in plastic form.

I always hated how there was so much travel and feedback on laptop keyboards, this product totally solves this. I really hope you can turn the haptic feedback off so that I can type without ever looking up from my keyscreen.

>forcing

you know, you don't have to use one if you don't wanna

why wouldn't you just draw on the screen itself?

since the entire surface is associable there is a potential for one handed "keyboard" input adapted to individual users

all presented surfaces can become skeuomorphic as well

The point of this device is that you can put paper on the slate and the computer will copy what you write
Is that important to the average consumer? I don't think so

you could i suppose - dunno havent tried one

developers could have a field day making shit for this device - we're finally free of a physical keyboard

>1080p screen
>16:9 aspect ratio is called "Book"
>A4 Aspect ratio never
>You need to look at the bottom screen to type
>You can't draw on the top screen
>You can't use bottom screen to read like a book

Does it need special paper on it too?
Fucking gimmicks I swear. They re invented an useless DS

variable "keyboard"

function InputPanel (keyboard (x)) = ?

Stick to your iMac, Grampy.

yet you can't customize the "key"board

>All the people complaining about the keyboard
Completely missing the point of the device.
I could take this and doodle anywhere and use it like a tablet. Shit seems cool, seriously considering getting one.

>That huge backspace box

You call that a keyboard? I call that filth a GAYboard

>Android

"The other really impressive part about this keyboard is that you can place any regular notebook on it and write in it, and it will digitally convert anything that you’ve drawn or written right into the Yoga Book. This is fantastic if you still like writing things down, but also want to save your notes in a digital format.

The exact limits of how thick the notebook can be to use this function isn’t known, but the notebook we used was over half an inch thick, and the device still registered everything that was written, so it’s certainly a stunning feature."

The sinking ship, Lenovo, tried to Surface, but couldn't.

16:9 is literally the worst aspect ratio to read, draw or write

You could make all kinds of digital skins, couldn't you?

>that backspace key
For what porpoise

That thing is special electronic paper as far as I know

a prototype with dual touch screens

wait you can just write with a normal pen? what the fuck, how did they do that

I'm legitimately excited they're bringing this idea back.

Got a surface pro for engineering because i figured it'd be easier to take notes by hand digitally for shit like formulas and drawings.
Thought I'd get used to it after a year.
Still have to use paper for a lot of my notes because even my "new" surface pro 3 sucks to write on.
But if this shit'll let me write on paper and digitally at the same time, well, I'll have the return button handy but I can't help by be fucking excited to try it.

No, the Stylus nib gets replaced with an ink cartridge. So you still have to use the (included) stylus. Just don't forget if you've got the Nib in or the Ink in if you go to touch the screen with it, I guess.

here ya go oldtimer

>"This won't work with a regular pen, though; you'll have to use the one Lenovo provides. It's designed with Wacom's "feel IT" tech that responds to the electromagnetic resonance (EMR) film built into the keyboard, which enables the real-time digitization."

engadget.com/2016/08/31/lenovo-yoga-book-preview/

"
Dimly glowing lights outline a keyboard and trackpad, or you can tap a button and it switches into a pen-recognition mode, powered by Wacom technology. Because it’s a Wacom surface, you can even put a stack of paper on top of the panel and write notes with real ink that are instantly digitized.
"

tabtimes.com/lenovo-yoga-book-hands-on-38700/

sorry wrong link

right link:
theverge.com/2016/8/31/12713442/lenovo-yoga-book-tablet-design-interview-android-windows

Why wouldn't you just get a Surface?

Can anything even compete with the Surface Pros atm?

form factor and more portable; also this lenovo is about 1/3 the cost

does anyone know if the "advanced" atom cpu in this clamshell tablet is going to choke on internet video at full HD?

seems like it will replace book readers for some situation unless it has a heat generation issue

I bet it types better than their horrible island keyboard

>qwerties in smartphones are dead
>now manufacturers want to kill keyboards in notebooks
>in ten years from now, casual facebook users will make fun of your retarded qwerty attachment
>get with the times, grandpa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

laptopmag.com/articles/thinkpad-type-off-is-lenovos-new-island-style-keyboard-better-or-worse

at least you have the option not to take one along

This is unacceptable. Kill everyone, we fucked it all up.

sarcasm aside i really love the design of these

Actually, both surfaces are capacitative touch enabled.

>average consumer
Haha, yeah. If the average consumer wants to use facebook they have the MacBook Pro Retina for that. Why the fuck should I care what the average Walmart consumer wants to use tech for you imbecile -- this is /g.

but I luv to feel the keys.

>just a fucking Intuos drawing tablet with a separate screen and separate touchpad

I wonder how bad the ghosting will be.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm getting one as soon as it releases mid September.

Also, it uses normal paper and works the same way as bamboo spark: it's a wacom tablet that you can place lad of paper on top. All of the electronics are in the device itself and the pen, paper is just normal paper. The ink cartridge is most likely the standard 67mm metal ink thingy.

I think the device will be way better with android, as it is not going to be anywhere near a good laptop replacement. It will be shitty experience with W10, but an amazing one with android.

It's a tablet with an attached touch keyboard, so it's easier to use as a plain tablet instead of a detachable, or awkward rotating keyboard, or god forbid a keyboard that pokes keys out the other side and gets disabled in tablet mode

It can be used as a graphics tablet, a handwriting device, gestures like the PS Vita, or in laptop shape scrolling and gestures without getting your filthy hands all over the screen

I literally dont see the problem, do you guys still look at the keyboard when typing on your phone? It's been years to get used to it. I've typed this entire thing on my phone keyboard, and typed up essays on it when a desktop/laptop wasn't available.

Handwrite if you need to, it has handwriting detection.

Between this and the Acer Predator fuckbeast, I think Sup Forums just likes to get mad at anything that isn't a bog standard business laptop (Which still exist, and still get made)

>Use automation app to switch home launcher to one that launches/searches apps based on keystrokes in keyboard mode
There, instant 10/10 ricing in laptop mode

>has what appears to be a capacitive touch keyboard
oh
oh no
it's going to suck

>that watch hinge
I like Microsoft's better.

Calm your boobies, this is just an android tablet

There's no way they're not coming out with an x86.
That'd be their biggest lack of foresight in recent history.

you can draw on the top screen

Nokia Z launcher probably works with keyboard too (?)

Windows 10 version available for $50 more

Look

The appeal is that you can turn off the keyboard and use that space for other things, like writing and drawing.

For $50 more it's a Windows tablet.

It's already using x86 (2016 Cherry Trail Atom).

I do not believe that this is the case, but I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Why does the hinge look like shit?

the viewing screen is a touch screen

the "writing screen" is Wacom

if you hate the wacom screen just flip it and it works like the standard touch tablet

Right, but you can't "draw on the top screen".

Well, you can with your fingers, not with Wacom-level precision.

>Android 6. In its Android guise, Lenovo has built what it calls "Book UI," a multitasking, multi-window interface for Android. It also comes with a special app, named Note Saver, for taking down notes and annotations (things that would be handled in OneNote on Windows).

Cool, it even comes with Remix OS styled multitasking

I could see this being a really cool concept to play with, i feel like stupid gimmicks are coming back and i'm all for it

Welp looks like thinkpads are completely dead no reason to keep up any hope. Only more terrible ideas to come.

It would be as inaccurate as any other regular non digitized tablet.

Didn't they plan to release a retropad?

I wonder if the Android or Windows version will be better. I think it will all hinge on how good their new note taking on android is and if it can compare to OneNote

P50 / P70, yo.

Right, which is why I was disagreeing with the post which said that you can draw on the top screen.

They are technically correct, but in every meaningful sense they are incorrect.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (2014) and while I do love it the one annoying feature is the adaptive keys line. I'd rather have plain F keys. An entire adaptive keyboard is fucking cancerous.

Honestly, Android's just better as a tablet

Nigger those keyboards were in Tron in like 1984

Right, but specifically the note taking. I want to get this for note taking in classes. Lenovo's note taking app has to be at least almost as good as OneNote or I'll take Windows just to get the better note taker.

That's not how convertible tablets work. The screen turns around and closes over the keyboard.

hence
>awkward rotating keyboard

also it's been done before

Not anymore. Yoga-style tablets are more popular now, where the screen folds back and the keyboard remains exposed.

This way is easier to manufacture with fewer breakable parts.

for big mistakes

>tfw I'm a big mistake

4U

Complete failure.
I actually bought 2 Yogas, because they have yuge battery, integrated stand and front facing stereo speakers.
Yogas are the ultimate netflix/youtube watching machines. It's their niche and it was nice.

Now that's utter shit. No speakers, no stand, useless keyboard, HUGE bezels. What the fuck do you even do with this? Who would buy this?

Lenovo is a toy with trash materials.

>no stand, useless keyboard,
Guess what.

Fug, really? Why did the site I read not mention this?

Thank you though.

Is there a digitizer in the top screen as well, or is it just touch sensitive?

He's writing with the pen, so it as a digitizer as well
Chinks are retarded when writing product descriptions

So do you guys always think that a new tablet means that every other product is fucked and ceases to exist

the yogas with the giant round batteries still exist

>He's writing with the pen, so it as a digitizer as well
There's no pressure dynamics pictured, though

Just fucking kill me now.

It's 16:10 1920x1200 shitlord
Source: Engadget

what a beautiful phrase. we should print it on the box of every over priced gimmicky consumer electronic device.

even the apple trolls don't suck apple's dick so profusely on Sup Forums. don't you guys have an equivalent forum to macrumors or whatever but for lenovo?

Sorry lads, but this is clearly a device made for artists and university students
Lots of laptops lack the ability to be able to draw on the go and a lot of the time university professors will be making complex diagrams for their notes
Meme all you want, but there's a need it can fill. I'm hyped personally.

I like it. Instead of bringing an ipad to the library to study, this thing looks pretty good 2bh. They claim battery life is 15 hours. If it lasts 10 I would actually unironically consider getting one.

Pressure sensitivity

>>having to look down at the fucking keyboard while you type
unless you are fucking retarded you should be able to type about 95% as accurately as you would with a normal keyboard
>pleb can't even touch type on a touch screen

>The courier book is finally released
>by fucking lelnovo

Why not use 4:3 aspect ratio instead?

No one manufactures 4:3 panels anymore.
Lenovo does not have the sheer market force that enables Apple to have specific production runs done for ipads or Google's 3:2 screens on the Chromebooks.