Best laptop for software engineers/programmers

I'll start
>Mac Pro Retina 15

How's the 13 inch rMBP?

>all this wasted space
I thought Apple cared about design.

You know these things are for homosexuals and 13 year old girls right? No respectable and competent engineer would use this gay shit.

those are speaker grills.

This.

Firmware Engineer here. I use a Thinkpad. Macs are gay.

This

Macbooks are for facebook/instagram normiautists and pretentious faggots

>I thought Apple cared about design.
No, they care about *image*. If they cared about good design aesthetics their products wouldnt be designed to make every single little fingerprint and bit of grease or dirt stand out as hard as possible. The things that cause that look good when you unbox it though, which is what matters. Imaginary, manipulative image, branding.

no competent engineer would get bogged down in such a stupid argument. case in point: you'll never see people out in the real world engaging in this conversation; just on Sup Forums, where losers seek refuge from the world

Based Carmack using Mac as his portable laptop
Based Linus using Mac as his portable laptop

>Mac Pro Retina 15
lol

'nuff said

the dual core nature really holds it back, but if you only use it as a dumb terminal to log into a dev machine than its perfect.

negative space. Look it up.

Macs aren't that bad. They're just overpriced and the OS is utter shit. If I was given one as a gift I would sell it or install GNU/Linux.

>oculus
>owned by facebook
>facebook machines

returning to the point of

I want a laptop that:
1. Has very good battery life, 8+ hours
2. Is very light, less than 2 kilos
3. Has a good keyboard
4. Has a very good screen, so I don't have to squint my eyes after long sessions

So far, all laptops are shit at this. Should have been born in 2050

carefully avoiding Linus statement
Linus uses a Mac Air with Fedora installed.
Even Linus cannot deny the superior hardware package of a Mac
Kek

>Not a chinkpad

He switched to a chrome book pixel years ago. Update your memes.

>triggered
Mfw I'm homo and I don't even use mac fag products

/thread

X260 Thinkpad.

>Dual batteries one internal and one removable (mine lasts 14 hours on a single charge)
>~1.3-1.5kg
>Keyboard is better than most I've used in modern laptops. Probably the best keyboard minus buying an old thinkpad like an X220
>Screen is full HD IPS, the only issue I have is that some things can be very small because of the 12" screen, a 13.3" would be perfect

Overall with the discounts I got it came to £650/$850.

>£650/$850.
Holy shit britbongs are fucked.

surface pro 4. separate development server to dispatch compiling and testing to, vms for all the other environments.

I mostly do legacy code for a gov't contractor.