Explosion at SpaceX Cape Canaveral Launch pad

happened roughly 30~50 minutes ago at the time of this post.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JesseHawilaKCTV/status/771340470156787712
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos-6
youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ&t=1m10s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's happening

twitter.com/JesseHawilaKCTV/status/771340470156787712

Terrorist attack? Fucking Muslims

>2016 still using old ass technology from the 50's good thing no people were aboard it RIP satellite I'm sure their were some people who got hurt but they will cover it up.

This is why we need Donald Trump.

Gotta break a few eggs if you want commercial space omelet

>I want my fucking moon orbit space vacation you bitches!

I hate SpaceX movies. How people believe space bullshit is beyond me. "Outer space", lol.

Most likely lockheed, boeing or another giant jew company trying to fuck up SpaceX contracts so they stop taking their portion of gov cash.

Jeff Bezos: "New Shepard engine out precision landing test"

Dumbass

This is why we need Donald Trump

Take a look at the payload that was lost: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos-6

>Amos-6 is a 5.5-ton Earth communications satellite, one of the Spacecom AMOS series, that was built by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), a defense and aerospace company.[4]

The lizard people strike again.

What's wrong with them? There shit is always blowing up, don't trust them at all.

They ran pacman -Syu

To do what?

To make America white again. Your ,02 cents have been deposited to your account.

Wat

u r 1 cheeky cunt m8

did we start the fire?

youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

probably using Samsung phones.

>he bought a note 7

SpaceX and Tesla are becoming synonymous with explosions.

Now in image form

U dun good

Facebook lost a satellite that they were planning to use for internet over Africa. This is a net positive, I would say.

On the other hand, it was a SpaceX rocket that blew so the cult of Elon Musk is on suicide watch.

look into this whole business

install gentoo

>what could this be for?

It was always burning

>OwO what's this?

to flip on it and then flop on it

FOR FUCK'S SAKE NEWFAGS

>small hands

> spacecraft aren't technology
> only video cards and smart watches are technology
KYS

Does the monster on his head just secrete "vote me" pheromones, I really cannot understand why he wasn't just a meme candidate.

Drumpf is orange, what the fuck is he talking about whiteness for.

CAPTCHA:pick all of the wonderbread pictures

this is what insurance is for, hopefully this will remain rare with these types of rockets

fucking rocket science man

The explosion

youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ

Thank you for correcting the record

This wasn't an accident or "an anomaly on the pad" as people are saying. It was purposely done, to blow up Facebook's $200m satellite. Good job whoever was responsible!

Donald Trump is the best man for the job, he will make america great again.

It's not face books satellite idiots

They only lease out a portion of the sat's capabilies from SpaceCom

A rocket is just a controlled explosion. They're inherently dangerous. SpaceX is relatively new at this shit, and they work a lot faster than NASA, so of course this shit will keep happening. We really need alternative ways of breaking out of the atmosphere at this point, but no one is prepared to invest in them, and even if we tried to build one, some jackass would probably try to blow it up.

And it was probably insured so they lost no money anyway

Remember 9/1

Aww jeez, 6mo delay, probably
And this was the only pad that could to the big important birds.....

And their other pad is still a ways away from completion

I'm guessing 2019 FH launch, and red dragon delayed to the next Mars cycle

Btw, f9 is now less reliable than the fucking PROTON

wew

I love ya Elon, but get your shit together

How many rockets is that now?

His hands are big though

Appropriate pic.

OMG!!! The Jews Run Israel!!!

>We really need alternative ways of breaking out of the atmosphere at this point
Post yfw you realize space elevators are radically impractical, and there is no third option.

whelp, so much for the hydrazine theory

Skylon is coming along nicely. Soon there's going to be a reusable single stage to orbit system in place.

Buy russian rockets. I think they are doing a new version of the satab icbm, maybe they can share the rockets

>facebook/NSA satellite blown up

why are we worrying about this

nobody gives a fuck about the payload, we're concerned about the rocket

Come guys, this is current year.

>the rocket

The lanchpad, their insurance premiums and their reputation are a much bigger deal than a semi-disposable rocket. This could finish them.

>This could finish them
ehh, i doubt that that would actually happen, given how far they've already come, but i guess it's a possibility. the pad is going to be an issue, though.

It's 2/9 you stupid fucking American.

>given how far they've already come

It's still a business. Losing millions in infrastructure and most of their customers will finish them.

Literally every company that sends satellites into orbit has had this happen. It is part of the business.

have they had any customers pull out yet?

>MUH DOOM

fuck off back to Sup Forums

/sci/ was fucking created SPECIFICALLY for getting science-based threads out of Sup Forums, you fucking newkid.

You're as bad as the idiots posting Pokeshit in Sup Forums instead of /vp/.

they expect this to happen

they've got really expensive insurance

>A rocket is just a controlled explosion.
So is an internal combustion engine. That means nothing.

The trouble with rockets is that nobody wants to accept the tradeoffs of making them reliable.

Despite intending to evolve toward a reusable design, SpaceX has kept pushing for a more-lightly-built vehicle with more thrust, with trickier technology (like the propellant densification).

The space shuttle had the same problem: instead of starting with a low-payload-fraction proof of concept (early shuttle concepts were for two men and maybe a hundred pounds of cargo to equatorial orbits only, final design spec was 7 men and 25 tons with polar capability), then evolving toward efficiency, they tried to skip straight to a high performance design. So it never worked properly.

Sup Forums doesn't even like neo-DOOM. /vr/ DOOM is the only DOOM worth talking about, maybe sometimes DOOM 3 might be worth mentioning, but not really because it wasn't that great.

/vr/ DOOM is a classic, DOOM 3 was okay, and neo-DOOM aka the new DOOM game was terrible.

"SpaceX explosion didnt involve intentional ignition - E Musk said occurred during 2d stage fueling - & isn't covered by launch insurance."
Peter B. de Selding (@pbdes)

this is what happens when you use launchpad

Internal combustion engines are able to control certain factors a lot easier because the "explosion" happens within a cylinder with a fixed size, not into an open space.

at least they got it to fly ;>

It's because the other option is Hillary Clinton, who not only will drive the U.S further into shit, but is also a proven criminal.

SSTOs are fun and all but they make little sense.

>sometimes rockets explode
>woooooooooooooooooowwwww

If you want to split hairs, then: a jet engine.

Anyway, what happens in a rocket engine isn't really an explosion. People just say that to make it sound dramatic.

A rocket's a jet engine that uses tanked oxidizer. A jet's a rocket that collects oxidizer and reaction mass from the atmosphere.

One catastrophic failure wont stop them because shooting up things with the new saviour of mankind Elon Musk's rockets is good PR. But one more fuckup and they are going to be in trouble.

That's the worst insurance policy ever.

>probably the most fun fps to come out in years was terrible
I don't know what is wrong with you people.

> Facebook literally btfo
Heh

Providing 100% coverage internet to poor areas for much cheaper than cell towers or cables.

Fly to the moon first

9/1: never forget

youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ&t=1m10s

Call me /x/ but there is a little ufo passing close to the rocket exactly as it exploded.

dumb memegumin poster

or maybe it's just a bug/bird that's close to the camera

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon

Even ayyyyylimus hate faceshit.

Jesus that bird @1:50, what a madbird.