Acer (to catch a) Predator 21 X

It was nice of Acer to let Sup Forums and Sup Forums design their latest gaming laptop, but this is a step too far.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/08/acer-predator-21x-curved-laptop-details-uk/
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/31/12718840/acer-curved-gaming-laptop-predator-21x-price-release-date-ifa-2016
pcworld.com/article/3114008/hardware/acers-predator-21-x-is-the-first-laptop-with-a-curved-screen.html
anandtech.com/show/10614/acer-predator-21-x-notebook-with-curved-display-7th-gen-intel-core-cpu-and-geforce-gtx-1080-in-sli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A?wprov=sfla1
youtube.com/watch?v=6ze1blYl3nE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure that was designed by linus techquickie, not Sup Forums.

wat trianlge 4??

where's the mouse?

If Sup Forums designed it you would just have a thicc thinkpad with watercooled desktop hardware.

That design is too gaymur 2bh with all the alienware lights and shit.

Has anyone got pictures of the (((two))) power bricks connected to to this thing to actually make it turn on ??

Probably for seeing the graphics card or something retarded like that.

Posting dat ass again.

is that a mirror or a shitty trackpad

the cringe is real

Shows off some of the cooling setup that consists of five fans.
The number keys flip over for a touch pad.

It's a windows into its soul.

Thanks for the link, faggot. I really prefer reading a thread full of memes instead of an article.

>plastic shit
no thanks
If I'm gonna be paying more than $1000 for a laptop the casing better fucking be all metal.

I

I actually like it. I've been thinking about a desktop replacement which i can take with me on a trip and just connect to a screen when i'm at home. That'd be comfy.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/08/acer-predator-21x-curved-laptop-details-uk/

Honestly, I've got to worry about how much money Acer spent to develop that thing, versus how many people will want it.

Until you (attempt) to pick it up.

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/31/12718840/acer-curved-gaming-laptop-predator-21x-price-release-date-ifa-2016
pcworld.com/article/3114008/hardware/acers-predator-21-x-is-the-first-laptop-with-a-curved-screen.html
anandtech.com/show/10614/acer-predator-21-x-notebook-with-curved-display-7th-gen-intel-core-cpu-and-geforce-gtx-1080-in-sli
Better?

It's going to be reinforced with metal, only parts of the outer shell are plastic.

I think it's sick as fuck

But then you're clearly not as G as me and the Double-D

>only parts of the outer shell are plastic.
That's too much plastic. No thanks. My phone, tablet, laptop and desktop are all metal/glass. No excuses.
Are you poor or do you really actually believe this?

How can people call this a laptop..... wtf

>gaymer mechanical keyboard
>MX Reds
Literally what is the point?

What would be wrong with using this for CAD besides the lack of Quadros, whose real value is questionable even for pros?
It has a full desktop CPU and dual 1080s, you could do full-blown rendering on this bitch.

Sorry but he's right; for heat dissipation, rigidity and comfort, plastic is superior. If you don't know anything about materials just shut up about it.

Thank you.

Video previews say that these use brown switches, but I'm guessing it might be an option once they become available.

Okay, now you're just baiting like a butthurt motherfucker. Is this what being poor does to a man?

Also, if plastic is so good for heat dissipation, then why don't they build heatsinks out of plastic? Fucktard

I prefer to call it a foldy-AIO

Are you thick? What do you think would have happened to a plastic laptop under the same pressure that it took to bend the metal one?

No way in hell is a plastic shell a good idea for something that will undoubtedly have ~15lbs of internals. The case would shatter from placing it on the desk.

>ITT: Idiots with plastic heat sinks.

>plastic is weak
sick meme

>Also, if plastic is so good for heat dissipation, then why don't they build heatsinks out of plastic?
Wow, this is so retarded I don't even know where to begin. A plastic *case* is better at radiating heat and will remain a neutral temperature to the touch compared to metal. Metal will either heat up near hot components to uncomfortable levels or feel really cold as it saps heat away from your hands.

Aluminum is a fairly soft metal, and is not very rigid.

It sounds like you don't have any idea what the words you're using mean and are lashing out at people who are correcting you.

Anyways, I'd rather my laptop burn my hands than melt and release xenoestrogens and carcinogens into the air. Is that why you're retarded? Years of BPA seeping into your system and turning you into a tranny?

If aluminum is so light and durable, why don't they make bulletproof vests out of them?

They don't make them out of plastic either.

>melt
Good thing most companies have actual engineers that understand thermal design instead of the fucking clowns at Applel that """""design"""" their facebook machines.

Look, I'm not defending apple here so if that's what's triggering you, just stop now. Apple is fucking trash for many reasons. Point is, all premium laptops from pretty much every manufacturer don't use plastic. There is a reason for this believe it or not.

>Muh xenoestrogen.
>Muh evil jews turning people into trannies.

Kill yourself tinfoil hat retard.

Huh. Had they given it a handle plus a panasonic toughbook look, this might have been something.

>le all plastics are the same

You are literally retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A?wprov=sfla1

Fuck man, are you a nigger? Cause you sure are dumb enough to be one.

You do realize there is more than one type of plastic, right? some of which are very heat-resistant? some of which are incredibly tough?

Yes they do, it's right under the 1mm thin aluminum shell.

They don't make laptops out of industrial/scientific plastic. Laptop plastic is, with very few exceptions, cheap low-cost garbage.

more pics people damn

You know that for those substances to have actual effect on you in the same level as real estrogen you would require so much of it you would probably die from another kind of poisoning before it, right? They aren't nowhere near as concentrated as they would be required to do anything in your body. They are there just as bounding agents for the plastics and you would need a SHITLOAD of plastic inside of yo nigga.

Basically your fear of xenoestrogens is the same as being scared of a death from acute radiation syndrome due to bananas overdose which contains Potassium-40

This is just another of the bullshit le evul society is turning us into sissies paranoia you see posted everywhere on the internet.

Whatever you say, bitch. Just let me fuck that boipucci later.

It's not the worst laptop abomination I've ever seen, but holy Jesus, it's ugly. Who thinks this crap is a good idea?

>with very few exceptions
I dunno this laptop is pretty exceptional in everything

Right. Because I'm gonna use gasoline and wipe down my laptop to make the BPA leech out each time right before I use it to absorb it into my hands better. I also rinse out my plastic water bottles with corrosive acid so they start to melt a little before filling it with water to drink. You are literally retarded.

This poor man was caught in the jaws of the predator and consumed, shortly after this photo was taken.

Maybe they expect it to sell well because it will become a meme, what with the poor name choice and all.

Nope, it looks like your stereotypical gaymur garbage. The only place where it's "exceptional" is in specs.

Do you buy razer products by any chance?

>being scared of a death from acute radiation syndrome due to bananas overdose

>Can't refute the argument.
>Ad hominem.

I was really trying to answer you buddy, you won't grow tits by drinking water from some plastic cup.
You could even try to consume the cup and you wouldn't grow tits. It's all about concentration of a substance and the bpa is just a bonding agent on the plastic.

The carcinogenics from it would kill you first before you bought stripped socks.

>21"

Good goy, keep drinking those chemicals. It won't kill you I promise. Don't forget to racemix and help raise your wife's son.

>curved screen
>memechanical KB
>asymmetrical exhausts
nah it's exceptional in literally everything

Go buy alex jones filters, retarded redneck.

Okay, it's exceptional in memes. Doesn't really change my point.

Looks like a fucking cyberdeck

Dis nigga don't even lift

Go suck some cock in the local starbucks, retarded cuck.

The dose makes the poison, mane. Do you really think that after millions of years of evolution our bodies wouldn't have found a way to clear ourselves of deadly chemicals? oh yeah, it's called the liver.

which was?

That it's using shitty trash plastic in its casing?

that's probably wrong

nope

>from my mother's basement i can determine the chemical composition of the ABS used in an unreleased future product that's still in prototyping

Sure thing kid.

What's the issue, it's got a better keyboard, screen, etc than anything else in the market.

>Muh aesthetics

Sorry, can't comment. I am a straight male so I don't care about things looking pretty.

this was a non-functional mock-up, do you really think it might still look like this or use the same materials 5-7 months from now? save it for when it's released.

>99% of all gaymurr laptops use shitty trash plastic
>HURRDURR THIS ONE WON'T THOUGH

>Sorry, can't comment. I am a straight male so I don't care about things looking pretty.
Don't they just call that desperate?

sure is

na

#BTFO

>There is a reason for this believe it or not
Yes, Apple did it and then it became trendy and somehow a sign of "MUH PREMIUM FEEL" and so everyone does it now.
There is no engineering related reason for it. All it does is create notebooks that literally bend and become permanently dented if you accidentally let them fall on one corner a little bit too hard.

Am I the only one who feels very awkward looking down on a screen? Feels like hunchback simulator. I got my my monitor placed so I look straight into the center from normal sitting position. Maybe I'm autistic, but it feels wrong otherwise. Now what would I need a 21:9 screen for if I can't center it right in front of my eyes unless I place it on a bunch of boxes or something? What a retarded shit. Just looking for expensive things people want, and shoehorning them into a portable device. Shame on the people who came up with this. Without the 21:9, this is would be half decent.

ye

As opposed to cracking. Yeah, I'll take bending any day.

>Am I the only one who feels very awkward looking down on a screen?
Probably, yes. You're supposed to look slightly downward at a monitor, even if it's a desktop. The ideal height is for the top of the screen to be in line with you eyes if you were to look straight.

No. laptops are bad form factors, but they're convenient so people tolerate them. Desktop replacements don't really make any sense.

n

ABS scratches, absorbs, bends, and returns to its original shape from impacts, but keep on memeing.

y

Yep, it's so good that they make swords and knives out of it!

Oh wait, no they don't. You're just retarded.

>anime
You both lose.

>yfw fagbooks literally can't even handle the """""""strain"""""" of being opened and closed without bending permanently

youtube.com/watch?v=6ze1blYl3nE

>make swords and knives out of it!
wait wasn't this about laptops

Well if plastic is so strong, theyd use it for other stuff too right?

Carbon fiber and magnesium construction, Libreboot BIOS, no OS. It's not that hard.

Except they do. Checkmate metalfag.

sometimes they do

Yeah! They'd use it to make bulletproof glass and shit!

I just want my solid steel unibody laptop.

Has kinda retro look to it, I think I like it.

Oh fuck, you got me.

They do. Engineering plastic is tough as fuck. They make aerospace components out of some types of plastic. You can't even scratch that shit without lots of force.

Fairlight Excalibur would run rings around it.

That's definitely not going into laptops.

Perhaps I should rephrase. If laptop plastic is so good, then why don't the use it in other stuff? (Hint: because it's fucking shit)

Plastic may be brittle or not depending on the plastic being used. Usually hard plastics is brittle. My $0.02