Android was a mistake

Android was a mistake.

Smartphones were a mistake.

Enjoy paying for having a government-monitored tracking device on you at all time, idiots.

I thought that was just Qualcomm being Jews and not wanting to update their drivers?

hopefully after this there is enough of an uproar for qualcomm to back track and support SD800/801, as it's still a very powerful and capable SoC, qualcomm is just being lazy and too greedy wanting people to buy new phones with their SoC's.

>Smartphones were a mistake.
Smartphones before the iphone were okay.

Nope. Mobile phones from day fucking 1 were a mistake.

aye, loved the days of symbian, palm, and windows mobile.

Symbian was pretty nice. Still use a flip phone for real use. Smartphones are only good for shitposting on toilet.

Project Naphta is mighty cool, saves me typing the headline onto google.

At least they had decent interfaces and keyboards before the "media consumption only" meme

Project Naphta is mighty cool, saves me typing the headline onto google.

Whoops

>Nexus 5 not getting 7.0
>iPhone 5 is getting iOS 10

Androidfags btfo

Google: we won't certify it
Qualcomm: we won't make drivers
OEM: we won't push it out

b-but iPhone is planned obsolescence

yeah at least it's planned, more than google can say. they forget phones exist after they sell them.

they can't even keep a phone in production for long either.

they are all a bunch of cunts.
would go iphone but too broke, and they charge obscene amounts for iphone contracts.

Sounds like my sex life during middle and big school

>iPhone 5 is getting gimped with iOS 10
FTFY

>gets every feature the hardware could support
>gimped

Shill

The only OS that should be running on a phone is Maemo.

Honestly for me, buying any android phone feels like a waste of money because of that.

Every flagship phone in the market has enough hardware power to last a good 5 years but if you buy android you will be stuck on the same software for this whole period. With an iPhone you pretty much get a new phone every year.

dumbphones weren't any better about this
you were still able to be tracked by roaming and tower logs

>having an Android phone that isn't a Nexus

Maximum GOOF

What are SECURITY UPDATES

god I'd love to see an iPhone 5 running iOS 10. It'll probably take longer to open an app than it will to purchase a new phone online and have it delivered.

my brothers iPhone 5s has a hard enough time running iOS 8.

how do i pronounce nougat

noo-get

New-ga

Mine works perfectly.

Maybe your brother is just retarded.

>iPhone 5 is getting iOS 10
why upgrade your iPhone 5 to iOS 10 when 7 runs much more smoothly?

iphone 5 doesn't really slow down with ios 10. maybe +100 ms on app openings.

because the update notification pops up randomly and you eventually have to click yes. find someone that runs anything below ios 9. the number must be lower than 1%.

new-gut or noo-gut (that's gut as in your gut, your stomach, not "gut" as in the German sense)

nugget

Only thing I regret is that I actually tried iOS.

I used to be perfectly happy with android..

Gnu-gat(nix)

>being this butthurt
Why dedicate your life to fanboyism? They're just phones.

You've got us there.

>t. never used a """smartphone""" from days before the iphone

When will green bubblers learn?

When will blue ball cucks learn?

On a scale of one to 100, it sounds about as good as your IQ

Can you even use google you fucking mongrels?

I get why Google would require Vulkan for new phones, but for upgrades for already sold phones? That's just petty.

So, essentially, it's entirely Googles fault this time around. Nice job, you fucks.

>two years of upgrades
>relying on the goodwill of an advertisement-company to fix security- and privacy-bugs
nah

thts just sad :(

This multitasking thing barely works. This was not a significant enough of an update to require a new version number. The update won't even wipe NB your phone like past updates. It's just 6.0.2.

But oh shit I can collect cats now what a feature.

Hell, I have a Nexus 5X on Google Fi and haven't gotten the Nougat update. My mom has the same phone and she got it. I dunno what's up. I didn't root or anything.

>caring about the vaginal Jew

iCucks

LITERALLY

Cucked

Again

>tfw my n5 is still on KK because have no need for botnet """improvements"""
>inb4 muh security
>implying i'd hand sensitive information to my phone
>implying im app addicted cuck when it just worksfine as it is
No fucks given.

What music app is that?

I think it's spotify.

And for those of you wondering why some phones aren't getting the update, it's because Google decided to make Vulkan a requirement for Nougat, and the SD800/801 don't have support for it. The blame lays with Google. Sony even had a working ROM waiting for beta testing, but Google wouldn't certify it.

wow shes hot

SHE is isn't it?

Literally updating my 3 year old phone RIGHT NOW.

will there be a cyanogenmod update based on nougat? will it support older phones?

>purposefully making your phone slower

Yes. Maybe. It will be extra work for them thought to hack drivers together so that it doesn't crash all over the place.

congratulations on your now very slow phone. when will you be buying your new iPhone?

nu-ga

It's just as fast as when I got it.
But I'll probably get a 7 once it comes out (or maybe 6s, the prices should drop). I'm happy with 5s but, bigger screen would be nice.

>It's just as fast as when I got it.
People say this but what they don't realize is that it has slowly been getting slower.
It's a proven fact that people don't notice the slow degradation in performance.

Just compare your phone to someone's who hasn't updated in forever. You'll want to kill yourself.

Why would you need updates? I'm on a cheap chinaphone with 4.2 and there's literally no reason to.

Well, without that you wouldn't be able to receive calls and text messages. You can't really trust carriers about their logging policies, but you have to agree that mobile radio towers are necessary.

>i'm not allowed to be happy with your phones performance because i'm wrong

Qualcomm seems fine to me.
Chink manufacturers like Mediakek and Samsung are on a whole new level of being Jews about their drivers.

Google deserves its downfall.
Fuckers chose that gay-ass Nougat name over Nutella. Literally how retarded do you have to be?

Enjoy your unpatched vulnerabilities

Is that why they dropped support for vulkan on 800~ series of their processors?

You're happy with your phone's performance because Apple tells you to be happy with your phone's performance.

At least Snapdragons get pajeet support, for most Mediatek chipsets it's literally impossible because those assholes won't give out their sources.

Mediatek is on a whole nother level of shit.

Your remark about Samsung processors is bullshit though

Nah, but I'm willing to accept the idea of not knowing any better.

The thread was about updates tho, so I still win with my up to date phone.

>Xperia Z2/Z3
>constant updates since release
>get a nougat preview
>Google changes requirements for nougat
>no longer able to do upgrade

With this and the whole youtube fiasco, I get the feeling Google just doesn't give a shit about their customers anymore.

Wasn't me, not sure how Exynos support is because I won't touch samshit with a ten foot pole for other reasons. I assume those get a lot of attention regardless of the OEM just because of the popularity, though.

Again, how many people are affected by those?

Don't you have to really lax on what you're doing and what you download to be affected.

They just want you to buy their latest products.

Do you also not update your PC due to that logic?
Also, stagefright could be triggered remotely by a malicious MMS your phone downloads automatically.

>wut r settingz

>hurr I'm going to read security mailing lists all the time for the rest of my life and disable features instead of updating my OS

>implying that it takes longer to toggle one setting than to update an OS
You ok there?

vulkan requires opengl es 3.1, and the GPU in 800/801 only have 3.0.

which wouldn't be a problem if google wasn't requiring vulkan for passing the android-7-compatibiltiy-test-suite.

>I get the feeling Google just doesn't give a shit about their customers anymore.

>anymore

Plus you aren't their customer, you are their product. ;^)

Who even uses MMS anyways? That shit costs so much it ain't even worth it.

> slowing down your phone

why do people do this though?
on Android I never seen the new update being slower, but my iPhone always got slower.

>which wouldn't be a problem if google wasn't requiring vulkan for passing the android-7-compatibiltiy-test-suite.
It's better that they do, that way developers have a better expectation of what their target devices are capable of.
If the device has Nougat, you know it supports Vulkan. Simple. Better than having to query device components, which you can't do when checking for compatibility in Store, you would have to build and maintain lists of compatible devices, which is even more dumb.

Nexus' still get monthly security updates, even if there not getting major releases

It's not like you have a choice

>It's just as fast as when I got it.
yeah buddy it's an iPhone, no

i stuck to 2.3.7 on my wildfire, which officially only went up to 2.2.x, as 4.x roms were a bit too slow
but it was a very low end phone, without even accelerated graphics, so it was barely fast enough to begin with

>Literally gimping my 3 year old phone RIGHT NOW.

nigga

>she

>Android is shit
>iOS is expensive
>windows phone is dead
There's no place to go.

Just pick your poison

If O isn't Oreo I'm gonna be so disappointed.

Rajesh is making it for my device instead of Park Kim.

>calling bailey jay a he

why are you rejecting mom user

why

I liked kitkat most bc I liek kitkat

Nutella is not candy or dessert dumb fuck amerifat.