Linux

Hey so I'm very new to Linux, just started getting into it about a month ago and had a question. I like Kali Linux, but I think I like the tools more than the OS itself. I was wondering if it is possible to install the packages and tools into something like Gnome or Ubuntu. Thanks in advanced.

The tools that are on Kali Linux, (I'm semi new, but use Kali Linux alot) could be downloaded on whatever Linux. Kali is just there to for lazy people who don't want to download every tool

Dude don't get the V& like being an idiot. These tools are probably not even legal

>These tools are probably not even legal
Lol, I took a sec course at my old uni and we used kali. I guess all the students + the prof should be getting a knock from the fudge?

they are, how do you think penetration testing works? waiting for some black hat to show up and wrecking up your network?

the tools are legal, but using them on someone else's network might not be

Reminds me of ammo sales for the FN Fiveseven and P90.

>You can buy this kevlar piercing ammo, but if caught with it loaded in a clip it's 25 years in jail!

Thanks guys, didn't expect any humor but I'll take what I can get.

They have proper reason to use 'em

It's more like buying a screwdriver

Is it legal to use a screwdriver to disassemble a product you own in order to repair or inspect it? Yes

Is it legal to bludgeon somebody to death or gouge their eyes out with a screwdriver? No

It's not the tool, it's what you use it for

No OP, it's completely impossible download programs on other linux distros. I'm sorry to inform you, but it looks like you'll be stuck being a script kiddie for the rest of your life.

Why would I need proper reason to own anything?
I own weapons, lockpicks, explosives and hacking tools because I want to. And that's a good enough reason.

I think it's fair game to ban ownership of something that could be considered a liability to others unless you have a good use for it or have received special training for safe handling.

If the only person you can damage is yourself: Fair game, that's your business alone
If misuse could set your neighbour's house on fire or injure somebody else: I don't want my idiot neighbour owning it

true

To clarify: I'm deliberately referring to accidental misuse.

Deliberate, premeditated misuse is outside of the scope of bans on specific items - because if you wanted to ban something that could be used deliberately to injure people you'd have to ban everything that has a weight, sharp corners, etc.

But for example, something like a car should require a special license to operate because untrained or negligent misuse can lead to serious injury of others. Same goes for weaponry, explosives, etc.

>I think it's fair game to ban ownership of something that could be considered a liability to others unless you have a good use for it or have received special training for safe handling.
Asking the average pleb to use a penetration tester to actually do some damage is like asking a 4 year old to fire a missile at China. Besides, a lot of the tools exploit known and easily mitigated vulnerabilities. If you get hacked by some dumb 16 year old with Kali, you kinda deserve it.

You are from that horrible Orwellian nanny state Britain, aren't you?
Most brits I met are retarded like that.

No, I'm from Germany. I just don't want to be dragged down by the stupidity of others.

Once you start regulating anything it's a slippery slope.

I guess security isn't a booming field in Germany.

Well, I hope you'll be happy your neighbors don't own weapons when these friendly armed refugees break into your home and rape you.

Kali Linux is just another flavor of Debian with a ton of preinstalled applications...you even asking this question should put you back to the script kiddie schoolbanks...

No it fucking isn't

Have you been to Germany lately? My neighbours *are* the friendly armed refugees, so that joke doesn't work. And I sure as hell don't want them owning guns.

Also, I doubt they'd want to rape me, I'm a filthy neckbeard.

It is. Britain now bans screwdrives and butter knives.

No they don't

I have been in Germany.
>And I sure as hell don't want them owning guns.
And this is why it's retarded.
You can buy a gun in Germany in an hour no questions asked. You just have to meet the right Albanians.
There are literally billions of guns in Eastern Europe, because the soviets stockpiled them for WW3. Then all these guns "disappeared" during the Balkan wars.
You can order a container of AKs with ammo from Kosovo and get them a week later. No borders, no controls, no checkpoints. EU sure is a nice thing to have.

Every nigger and turk in Berlin has a gun stashed somewhere. Meanwhile your law-abiding citizens are disarmed.

>Every nigger and turk in Berlin has a gun stashed somewhere. Meanwhile your law-abiding citizens are disarmed.
Which means that the overall rate of gun ownership is lower. Sure, it would be great if you could also reduce the rate of crime even further, but some things are simply hard to do.

>No they don't

Ban assault sticks now!

>Sure, it would be great if you could also reduce the rate of crime even further
You mean reduce it at all? Because you police doesn't even bother to catch the criminals.
As long as I remember not a single one of these friendly rapists from the new years eve was arrested.
Pretty sure if someone broke into your home and robber and raped you the cops wouldn't even bother looking.

Get the fuck out of here shill

I wanted to take a picture comparing USA's and Germany's spot in wikipedia's list of crime rates per capita by country but I couldn't get them both on the same page of my 4K monitor

Of course. If you don't file a crime it "didn't happen".
All these new years eve rapes didn't happen.
The terror attacks in Germany weren't crimes, but "poor mentally ill people in need of help".
There is no crime in Germany at all. Just "unfortunate incidents" and "single cases".

Fucking bullshit, you need to show your ID to buy a goddamned teaspoon. Britain's a joke in that department.

No you don't

>>>pol

>telling the truth means you must be from Sup Forums