Real life shit

So we have Pokemon Go, it's augmented reality to a point, but then I realized, this game is dumb, but it is fun. There's no real challenge to this.

Now wait a moment, I'm not here for a Sup Forums post I'm proving a point and I need Sup Forums's specific help on this.

So I thought to myself, Yugioh as a whole, has WAY more potential. But I realized that a real duel disk would be pretty damn expensive. What could we do to make this either easier, or something else? How hard would it be to make holograms, or even as similar as google glass (see Zexal) to make this work?

How expensive and who do you think as a company would do the best at it?

Well fuck you too Sup Forums ;_;

install gentoo

maybe later.

I dont think it has to be that expansive honestly.

Make the duel disk work with bluetooth. Each card need to have a code that can be read by the card panels on the disk, so the duel disk recognizes each card individually and sends this to your phone.

Now obviously the easiest way for projection would probably be with a cardboard VR. Where the images are shown on your screen using the camera to blend it in with the environment youre in (Like PoGo but in VR).

So now you have a phone working with your duel disk
You have 360 view in your cardboard of your surroundings
All thats left is the software that connects and registers everything. Im not a developer so I have no idea how that would work, but it doesnt sound that complicated.

Im actually very curious about this becoming a thing, thanks OP bro

they already have a codes on the card the only problem i would see is improper card placement

Expensive*
Also I dont think Yu-Gi-Oh has more potential than PoGo. They rushed PoGo for summer and wasted billions by delivering a trash product. There are so many things shown in the original PoGo trailer that you cant do yet, and most likely never will be able to..

Maybe I dont understand the problem here, because it doesnt seem hard to fix. you can make the decks small enough so a card fits perfectly, also a notification of improper or no card placement if this faced the wrong way or reversed.

If you're around your 20's like me (24) then you've more than likely always wanted this at some point.

Exactly, they promised more to the public and was like "hey look what we want to do!" Then we get the yugioh duel disk for kids that is nothing more than a trophy of plastic hanging on your wall.

>2nd
Remaking the cards to be a different size would fuck everything over. The common TCG size is that of Magic, Pokemon, L5R, and other known TCGs. Yugioh I think is the only known TCG that has it's own unique size (fuckin snowflake). Really, it's just a matter of reading the cards properly.

Codes are a retarded idea. The cards have to have an NFC tag and a tiny magnet.
The tag would register what card it is and the change of polarity of the magnet would tell if the card is flipped or put sideways.

at the bottom of each card has a code. If you type that code in google or one their games, you will get said card. That's how I have the same deck IRL and on my 5Ds stardust accelerator. So redoing the cards to have these would be annoying and cost Konami WAY more money than they would want to spend.

We need to work around the codes and reading it for what it is. Don't some things already read numbers?

Yugioh Zexal solved the hologram problem by having everyone wear vr glasses/augmented reality

So honestly this shit is easily feasible today, someone just needs to pour money into it
3d models could be nabbed from the tag force games as they frequently update with new cards and 3d models for almost all monsters, someone just needs to put it all together

As an anime, it was bad, but aside from that, yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I would love to see people with cool ass contacts that did this.

There was a project about this years ago. Don't know if they abandoned it, but apparently they wanted to project holograms. A better way of approaching this would be as said, just get a VR headpiece. But there are a shit ton of problems with this.
Why duel disks are impossible? Just imagine what one of them would have to do. Be able to read the number of cards in your deck, graveyard and extra deck. Be able to read your current cards on the field, including XYZ materials. Be able to read the number of cards in your hand. Read the actual card ID and continuously transmit it while the card is face-up, even in defense position. If you use card sleeves there could be a problem reading your cards.

Even if you simplify it to just read card ID's and launch holograms, how would you command cards to attack, active effects and whatever else you can do other than change positions and flip cards? And if your answer is "just use the phone", then what's the point of the duel disk? It can't do anything really, since it should also force the rules especially if some idiot starts placing monsters on the field randomly.

There's no way to force players to follow the rules irl, just compare real life duels with video games. So using real cards will be impossible and that automatically means real life duel disks are useless since you can just use your phone for everything which would be much more responsive and actually be able to follow rules and make everything automatic. If they made a game like this (supporting VR), they'd probably make you buy cards in the video game since they're money hungry Jews.

Didn't some guy already make this a working thing?

there's always a way to implement knowing if a new card was set face down or up right. If the card has not been registered in that current duel, or has been sent to the graveyard, or special summoned, the the disk would have a code in it to know whether or not it's new in other words.

>money hungry jews
Well they have to make money some how. You come up with a brilliant idea and tell me you don't wanna sell it. that's why making micro transactions are 10xs better than actually out right selling things. You will always have those dedicated players throwing their debit card at games over and over. Just keep the game and send updates.

Maybe? If you can find it, post it user.

>yugioh
>not mtg

Redoing the cards is the only way. Otherwise you'd require slots with visual recognition

MTG has a shit ton of rules, and they have standard. The issue with MTG is that they would be required to constantly bringing new cards in and taking new cards off. Entire sets. While yugioh, technically everything is playable. The disk could be partnered with Wizards/Wizkids for this idea to work out well.

If we redid the cards, then we would have to have 2 completely separate decks. Now, this is the same for turbo duels most of the times, but really that would be a big hassle VS card recognition

yugioh surpassed mtg as the biggest card game of all time in 2009 or some shit

Yugioh also has rules. What are you even talking about? You don't need to actually use the duel disk, for neither of the games. It's impossible to pull off. Sticking to a phone only controlled game is better.

No user, I'm referring to the rules of standards. That's my point. They would constantly have to update it every 6 months to add in new cards. Which would be a giant hassle. Granted, it's not that big a deal and could work but still I think my point is made to a degree.

Yugioh has changed rules many times. Synchro, then xyz, then pendulum monsters. And the "new cards" also applies to yugioh, so I don't see the difference between the games. MTG is much easier to make and modify since abilities are very basic and there are less rules honestly, just look at WTH mod, you can make an entire set of cards in minutes there because "abilities" are pretty generic in most cases and as long as you have a template you can easily add more similar cards, but then again yugioh is similar (although I haven't seen a ygo project where I can add cards myself).

>Synchro, then xyz, then pendulum monsters
those are new editions so more so it's not changing rules.

Yeah I thought about that too.

Have you tried Yugioh Pro?

Not him, but Yugioh Pro is beautiful.

I figured out how to change the background! :) It looks nice now

Those were still a major rule change, I'm talking from a programming point about all this, you'd need to change the code a lot if something as major is ever added again. that's why I'm saying Yugioh would be more difficult to make since there are many more "special conditions" there, while MTG seems to rely more on simple math in addition to basic rules.
And yeah I've played ygopro, even wanted to make custom cards at one point (even though I don't know lua), but I never even tried since I stopped playing card games. I usually played it with friends but nobody gives a shit about it here, so I turned to offline games and ygopro had a terrible AI.

think it could be written in HTML?

The cards from the duel terminals have qr codes imbedded inwide them.

I never saw mtg animu, did they had this hologram thing?

>mtg
>anime

I guess you could make it an HTML5 game

Not him, but no. HTML is for static webpages, not a complex card game.

You don't understand pokemon go

It was made by a defense contractor (Niantic, the company that made the famous 3d building technology for the navy that they used during desert storm) for the CIA (who funded the project).

The goal was to spy on other countries. If you don't believe me, consider the fact that the game was banned in Russia by Putin for this reason.

First they made a game called "Ingress" which wasn't popular enough, so they branded it with pokemon PURELY AS A MARKETING TOOL and re-released it. In the source code of the game you see evidence of this, because it uses names from Ingress for pokemon stops and gyms (they are called "forts") and has basically the same gameplay.

>magic will never have an anime or a show
Pls no. This is a bad idea. It would be a bunch of smelly nerds acting like they are better than everyone else cause they play the mother of all TCGs

OOO

then what was dueling networked written in?

Okay technically you could, but it would be unnecessarily difficult and only if you know html and only html.

HTML5 and HTML are different things. There are many games written in HTML5.

if you know HTML you would know it isn't even turing complete.

I was more or less joking. I don't know shit about coding

Me neither bro just keep on arguing so they don't notice.

Yeah I know. He said html, not html5. Maybe there's just a miscommunication here.

My bad, I thought you quoted another post.