Wtf? Dell wins again?

Wtf? Dell wins again?

Alienware 13, 15 and 17 Announced.

All have Quad Core CPUs, the 15 and 17 can be overclocked to levels similar to the desktop i7-6700K.
Desktop GTX 1060 on 13, GTX 1070 on 15 and GTX 1080 on 17. Nvidia doesn't make a separate M for Laptops anymore, all are now Desktop GPUs.
DDR4 RAM up to 3200MHz.
PCIe SSD + Hard Drive
All have at least 9 (13 advertised) hours battery life for video playback and web browsing. 99Wh on both 15 and 17 models.

I'm ordering the Alienware 15, it has the best performance/portability on any laptop, and it's thinner and lighter than the Thinkpad T60 that Sup Forums praises so much with much better battery life.

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=dncwpw5722b&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop
amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you buy a laptop for power your opinion on laptops is irrelevant.

Fuck off maccuck. Alienware has everything and still ends up being cheaper.

They are not desktop GPUs, retard.

Yes they are, look it up you stupid fucking piece of shit. Nvidia doesn't make separate GPUs for Desktops and laptops anymore.

Lol, have fun in 2 years when your framerate dies

Alienwares don't die easily, they're basically Dell Precisions in a Gamer Case, they both have Magnesium Alloy casings with a Steel reinforced chassis.

This is marketing

How the fuck is this marketing. Sup Forums is full of neckbeards that it's not worth it for any company to advertise here.
But then again, there are a lot of Applel threads on here.

You're so fucking obvious dude. "Magnesium Alloy casings with a Steel reinforced chassis" Jesus fucking Christ.

How is that any different from Applel fanboys saying "unibody aluminium build" or Lenovo's "Roll Cage"?
Just face it, you're just looking for non-reasons to shit on a perfectly good laptop. Why the fuck can't Sup Forums have a good discussion about anything anymore?

I had a dell M14X R2.

I loved the thing, but it broke all the fucking time.

I had to replace the screen three(arrived with a bad mic[which they then replaced with a wrong resolution screen] and twice the hinges broke), keyboard once (pretty much the last piece to come out) and the mobo once.

Twice it had to be sent in because the tech that came to my home stripped the shit out of the screws.

I have it still, and it is still pretty powerful, but the battery doesn't last an hour.

You're the only one talking about Apple here dipshit. Is a victim complex included in your marketing script?

Is this laptop overpriced?

dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=dncwpw5722b&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

I live in Denmark so the price here is $1450 because stupid ~25% sales tax :(

2 poos have been deposited to your loo

är du fattig nu

Desktop being faster than laptop is now a meme.

This,
You don't get a laptop for power. Even that excuse called 'on-the-go' doesn't work. On top of that, that sort of laptop would become obsolete after about 3 years, overheat like fuck and so on.

If you can live without a 4k display, i'd get a Inspiron 15 7000 series, 7559 laptop. Not sure if you can get this shipped to denmark, but I found it a great deal.

amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ/

i own the current gen. it is very sturdy, no creaking/bending/etc like other crappy plasticky gaming laptop. it's more expensive sure, but everything abt it feels nicer.

Did you buy Sup Forums and make it your blog? What is there to discuss here?

Fuck off rajeesh

Stop buying gaming laptops you cuck. Get a laptop + egpu combo

Thanks to increased efficiency and the fact that shit needs less and less cooling. The only reason desktops used to be faster and still at the moment are is that the powerful components produce a lot of heat, take heat out of the equation and there's no reason to have a desktop.

I see the future being component manufacturers making laptops. Fucking imagine that, like the custom PC market but all laptop, good standardization etc, truly custom laptops with tens of thousands of configurations and upgradable parts.

I'm really disappointed by all the laptops that got released this year.

No true 4k displays to actually take advantage of that 1060-1080 and the only kaby lake laptops is the fucking stealth which is perfect except it doesn't have a dedicated gpu so razer can jew you into buying the core.

Pfffft get a load of this guy

A 4K display on a laptop would imply 4K gaming, which just isn't completely there yet on a mobile level
Even a1080 can barely hold up on maxed 4K gaming

The thing that gets me with these things is the thermal and power draw limits. Just because you took great hardware and put it in a box doesn't mean it will run at it full potential.

It you are going to go crazy you need a big tower to support the madness. Not that I wouldn't mind having something like this as I do want to travel more.

The 10xx GPUs in laptops and desktops aren't completely identical, IIRC the mobile ones have more cores to compensate for lower clocks and such bringing them up to the same real world performance.

Yeah that sounds good basically desktop power on laptop now with that.

It's at least not so gigantic to be like gt80 or Acer predator.

There's 4k laptops shown with these cards

>Dell wins again?

never

wait until dell refreshes it with the newer 1060 it will be a whole lot better

No, it's the same GPU than in desktop.

You're a retard if you buy Dell when Clevo exists

lol, no.

This is literally a fucking ad.

>Need to render cad files and images while away from my desktop
Well gee whiz good thing that Sup Forums says powerful laptops make you tech illiterate, I may have gotten something that actually worked if I didn't know that useful bit of information.

>25% sales tax
Holy shit.

>Mfw now no one can say that laptop hardware is slower or inferior to desktops

Give it 5-10 years and most consumer desktops have died off and people will be using laptops and tablets exclusively.
Only the real power users, like content creators etc.. are going to have desktops in their homes in the future.

I wonder what would happen if I installed Arch or Gentoo on my Alienware 15...

Laptop hardware is slower and inferior to desktops.

Content creators use tablets and laptops with wacom AES and workstation gpus.

>1366x768
>TN
>$1000+

I'll still have a desktop so i can build it to my exact liking, and more easily upgrade/replace components. Also, larger screens
>external monitor
How about no. How am i supposed to fit a 15 inch laptop, 24 inch monitor, and a mouse and keyboard on one desk comfortably?

>How am i supposed to fit a 15 inch laptop, 24 inch monitor, and a mouse and keyboard on one desk comfortably?

What! A $500+ laptop! WHY?
Laptops are all dying hardware with extra-limited life!