Is the wiki lying to me?

is this really the best free anti-virus, other than common sense?

this is straight off the wiki. I want to know because I'm planning on not using common sense today.

here they are:

COMODO Antivirus
COMODO Antivirus is a module part of the proprietary, free Comodo Internet Security suite. There is a paid version called 'COMODO Internet Security Pro' but it is more designed for computer illiterates with services such as 'GeekBuddy' which is a remote-support service.

Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is a proprietary antivirus program popular in various security communities as a backup scanner. It is offered both as freeware and commercial software. The free version of Malwarebytes allows the user to manually scan for and remove malware, but a license must be purchased if the user wishes to take advantage of its scheduled scanning and real-time protection features.

ClamWin Antivirus
ClamWin is an open-source antivirus developed in C++ that focuses on being lightweight and efficient. Please note that it does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.

I already have Malwarebytes but whats so great about comodo or clamwin?

I plan on torrenting games and shit later so I want something good and not the built in windows 10 anti-virus

If you get viruses in the current year you need to be euthanized

what do you use?

Gentoo.

edgy

Windows 10 users should be euthanized too but that probably wouldn't be good for the world economy so we have to suffer them.

a rope

you guys are so fucking tough edgey fucking fags

whenever I reformat I just go with what looked good on av-test's review
not necessarily the top one

what about browser extensions?

Windows Defender (MSE on

>You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.
The Mac version (ClamXav) has a ClamXav Sentry that scans every new doc/app.

Barclays offers free Kaspersky subscription on 2 devices.

Personally I think it's just a Russian botnet.

bitdefender free masterrace

literally unobtrusiveness, silence and efficiency: the av

Malwarebytes is good, if you have the premium version. Commodo is shit. ClamAV is Open Source, but I heard it has a pretty bad detection rate.

Bitdefender+ mbam is good enuff

All these "HURR DURR COMMON SENSE" manchildren needs to be ignored and then its okay

I don't know that its best but i've been using comodo for over 6 years now and think it does a good job. only gripe is that it can be over protective and will sometimes sandbox shit even if you tell it to trust the application. the ui changes of late have been kinda shit too as it made it difficult to get to the advanced settings to make antivirus/firewall/sandbox exceptions.

how hard is it to get MBAM fo free?

>hips

Not very difficult if you don't care about being legit, pretty tough if you care about that.

malwarebytes
avira
web of trust
common sense

no matter what antivirus you have its gonna slow everything down

thats why I use windows 7 with no security essentials or anything. If I get a virus?

C O M B O F I X