/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.sky.com/story/glitch-causes-items-to-be-sold-on-amazon-for-1p-10378980
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/22858-omegle-group-chat
keybr.com/
google.github.io/liquidfun/Programmers-Guide/html/index.html
docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
abeautifulsite.net/jquery-file-tree
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

old thread isn't even at bump limit

now it is.

What is the best city in Europe to find a programming job, other than London? I can pretty much relocate to anywhere. I only speak english though...

no city is particularly good try getting a job at some specific company and relocate to wherever they are

Go to India.
Every country in the world outsources IT to India, so you'll have plenty of job opportunities.

As long as your not Indian yourself, your genetically superior dick size will allow you to beat the job competition.

Safe travels, friend

How do I determine the operating system during compile time in C/C++?

news.sky.com/story/glitch-causes-items-to-be-sold-on-amazon-for-1p-10378980
>why reinvent the wheel when you can use third party software/libraries/services xD
>She told Sky News: "It's disgusting really because this third party software, that is their business, this should not have happened, this is 2014.
>it's the current year you guys, come on, this should not happen, after all it is The Current Yearâ„¢ xD

Time it with a stopwatch
An SSD will make you faster
Good luck friendo

>how do i google
macros

Preprocessor

I have a script that makes a bunch strangers chat with each other on omegle.

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/22858-omegle-group-chat

trump

let's see if that CTR faggot shows up

No one is being paid to shill for Hillary by the way. It's a Republican-funded lie and a pathetic attempt to smear her campaign.

thank you for correcting the record

I'm looking for a good HTML editor to write HTML5. I'm just going to create a simple website to show off an upcoming school project, but if it's fun I'm probably going to add HTML and related stuff to my list.

I use NetBeans for Java and Visual Studio for any other programming languages, but what's my best bet for HTML coding?

I would prefer:
>autocomplete
>syntax highlighting
>possibility for dark theme

I'm on Windows btw. Thanks for any tips and recommendations.

I use WebStorm for Javascript, and I love it. I assume it's just as good for HTML5.

Thanks, I'm gonna check this out. I also hear a lot of good stuff about Sublime Text (2 and 3), Brackets and Atom. Anyone ever tried one of these?

What's with this faggy ass shit?

I tried Sublime Text and it was okay. Nothing special.
I chose Webstorm over it because it has fewer annoying default options and the dark colour scheme and text colours were twice as nice to look at

I see that you get a free trial, and I don't really pay for text editors/IDEs, but thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try Sublime and if that doesn't catch my eye I'll move over to Brackets.

You get a month, but then you just reinstall and get another month.
But fair enough, good luck

Oh, well that makes it more interesting. Do I get to keep settings on every reinstall?

Did anything ever come of that updated ren'py mode for Emacs from awhile back? By tripfag Steve Ballmer

guys with this website i learned formal style touch typing in just 4 hours

keybr.com/

i'm typing much slower than with my old sloppy style, especially since i'm consciously making sure type "correctly", but i'll get better at it for sure and it's much more ergonomic, almost no hand movement is required. and it seems to have potential to make me type faster although to type super fast i will probably have to allow deviations such as typing Y with my left index finger and B with my right index finger sometimes.

sauce?

I thought hime wasn't gay?

Does anyone have experience with LiquidFun?

I can't find any resources on how to use it with Libgdx and the box2D plugin.

Any help would be great

Alright, I'll try it friend.

have you checked this

google.github.io/liquidfun/Programmers-Guide/html/index.html

These are standard macros that MUST be defined on compliant compilers for their respective platforms. And yeah, Apple is a special snowflake that doesn't define __unix__ or __unix for their platform, and therefore you have to check for __APPLE__ and __MACH__.

#if defined(__unix__) || defined(__unix) || (defined(__APPLE__) && defined(__MACH__))
#define PLATFORM_UNIX
#elif defined(__WIN32)
#define PLATFORM_WINDOWS
#else
#define PLATFORM_OTHER
#endif

You didn't even edit it to make it programming related.

You do it

think i enjoy programming more without code-competition, lads.

code prediction, completion and autofill is cancer and i hate it

wow, yeah completion*

well now i just feel silly

or maybe i don't
i can't tell who's correcting who

what does /dpt/ think of Andrei Alexandrescu?
Been watching some of his talks and he's pretty entertaining and not a complete autist like most.

Back again with some c hw help.

I need to test a sudoku solution is correct and find possible solutions for an incomplete sudoku puzzle.

Prof doesn't want us to use recursion or backtracking not that i understand it anyway.

Heres my code to test a solution
int test(int i, int j, char s[][9]){
int k,l,row,col;
//compare rows and columns
//if any value is equal to another then return false
for(k=0; k

hi, if I make my char signed, then I can match against EOF, right?

>A floating-point number more or less corresponds to what mathematicians call a real number.
>Real numbers include the numbers between the integers.

t. c primer plus, 6th edition

yikes

I guess this is why this book gets such shit reviews.

Floating points are used to represent reals and all the numbers within the bounds of two integers are real numbers.

correct, but its much better to say that they're rational numbers

They're close to representing most cases of them, it rolls off the tongue unlike rationals.

though numbers within the bounds of two integers are a subset of the reals, that's not what defines a real number. Irrationals and rationals also lie between integers.

Yes, but the book said "include" and not "are"

char == singed short short?

Which is/are the best source/s to learn C#? Possibly something that lets me make a program/game while learning so I know exactly what I'm doing.

git commit sudoku

guys, my long size is 64 bits
I can't imagine how big a long long would bit
is it 128-bits?

Visual C# Step by Step by Jon Sharp.

platform dependent, use some specific type if you need 128 bits

The integer types don't have to be distinct. On 64-bit Windows, int is 32-bits and long is 32-bits. On 64-bit Linux, long is 64-bits and long long is 64-bits.

char can be signed or unsigned in C and C++. It's implementation dependent. The size is implementation dependent too (though it's almost always 8-bits.) A good program won't make any assumptions about the char type, since this can cause subtle bugs. It's generally good practice to cast your chars to something else before doing anything with them.

Why aren't you using Norsk#, Norwegian on .NET?

>8-bits
char should be 9 bits, use a real architecture

Thanks, gonna go read it.

because of the new charset in c11?

My first CS class is using java. Im planning on remaking all the assignments and examples in parallel with another language just for the experience, which should i use?

CuteSharp.

haskell
teaches you to think about manipulating data without mutation
its also pretty straightforward and has very nice concepts you can port over to java (i.e. monads)

haskell is dogshit stop this meme

I very commonly use break. I don't know what your prof is going on about it's utility is amazing and it doesn't really spaghettify your code. On the contrary, trying your best not to use break usually makes your code really obscure.

Name something better.

Andrei's a real cool guy

datafag detected

Im trying to make a decision on whether or not I want to invest time in learning Python as a first language. I've learned everything in the tutorial on the Python website. I know I should probably just start working on a project, but I feel like I would be better off investing a year or two of my time into a better language to learn concepts from.

I keep getting this feeling that I should learn C. Maybe Java even, but all that boilerplate doesn't look like much fun to deal with.

>use a service to automatically undercut competition
>being surprised when 2 of them collide and bring each other down to the minimum price in seconds
why would someone use such a thing?

the size is always 1 byte but a byte can have 8 bits or more

this

it's usually not needed, if you're using it often you might be writing very shitty code

Just do SOMETHING rather than shit posting so much on this godawful thread

What's the best resource for learning Assembly?

you'll waste your time no matter the language because you're too stupid anyway

>so much
>post maybe once or twice a day
>majority of posts are questions related to learning

Alright well I guess I'll just fuck off from this shitty thread. You faggots can go jerk off to your animus and muh Haskell

python and haskell are trash, C is kinda trashy but not full retard trash, learn java but you fell for the java is bad meme so just give up

>you fell for the java is bad meme
I get it now, you're just a retarded autist.

I said as an absolute beginner, writing boilerplate doesn't seem like fun. That's literally all I said about Java. Take your fuckin' meds.

>yet to see a constructive criticism against Haskell

""""boilerplate"""" is good, explicit is better than implicit

I never said boilerplate code was bad. I said it didn't seem like something enjoyable to deal with. You seem like a fucking retard so I'm just gonna go look for advice somewhere else.

>>>/reddit/

t. pajeet

t. shart in mart

Can I make this better?
function S_to_A (S: String) return Integer with Inline=>True is
pragma Unsuppress(Range_Check);
subtype Digit is Integer range 0..9;
subtype Modifier_Range is Integer range -1..1;
Int : Integer := 0;
Temp : Digit;
Pos_Neg : Modifier_Range := 1;
I : Integer := S'First;
begin
while I
Temp := Character'Pos(S(I)) - 48;
Int := Temp + Int * 10 ;
end case;
I := I + 1;
end loop;

return Int * Pos_Neg;

exception
when Constraint_Error => raise Constraint_Error with "bad input for S_to_A";
end S_to_A;

Anyone recommend any web tutorials/books for object-c programming ?

objective-c* as you can see I am a scrub.

Shits deprecated more or less

My main goal is to develop apps, but initially I want to lean OOP through objective-c.

>I want to lean OOP through objective-c.
>through objective-c.
why.jpg

Wait, if all of those are trash, what's good? Rust? OCaml?

Bls respond.

Anyone used jquery tree view?
abeautifulsite.net/jquery-file-tree

I'm trying to implement it on my website but it's doing some stupid shit i can't get around, im using C#.

webm related

Does anyone happen to have the screenshot that explains pointers using a dragon dildo analogy?

I don't know.

>try to use Eclipse with cygwin
>doesn't work

>try to use it with MingW
>doesn't work

>try to use it with vs compiler
>doesn't work

What do? I have my path set and stuff but it doesn't want to work. I don't want to go back to visual studio because it runs too bad, and I can't write make files so I need an IDE (with a dark theme and colourful syntax highlighting).

learn glorious java my niggas

You're going to get a lot of angry posts from people who only used Java back when it was actually shit, just as a heads-up.

>questions related to learning
Are you the one asking "should I learn python?" LITERALLY EVERY THREAD
Or is there just a constant stream of new posters who are unsure of what language to learn and haven't read any of the hundreds of previous threads with identical discussions

Not much has changed.