Other urls found in this thread:

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_np
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_tw
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=963
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1164
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1159
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1947
amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A?psc=1
monoprice.com/product?pg_no2=2&c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=13785&sortby=&period=&rating=&seq=1&format=4#feedback
deskthority.net/wiki/Taiwan_white_and_black_shaft
amazon.com/Noppoo-84-Technology-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00HLW5DP2/ref=pd_sim_147_2/153-2821412-4031243?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EGN6YE33Z7AR6EK00P26
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1774
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=mechanical numpad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its only $65 should I go for it or not

you'll probably stop playing and then the keys will feel stupid

>$65 for a flavor of the month geimu

The colors are nice except the keypad is a bit much

Anyone else get a Tada68?
I really like mine
Also is there something in between Gateron Blacks and MX reds?

cheese keycaps make no sense to me

Blue looks dumb, and they're not exactly timeless, are they?

hello

I guess it would look alright if the cheese was taken out and all the Overwatch theming was gone.

Also, YF-21 keyset when?

YF-19*, fuck me.

there we go I improved it

that would be nicer desu

Im sure you can make a custom key that size with that color

That is sooooo much more aesthetically pleasing. Post this pic from now on

I'm to poor to afford a 1976 keycap set, however there are Chinese knockoffs like pic related. It says that they are lazer etched PBT caps and cost 40 bucks. Should I go for them or not?

Ducky One TKL RGB ISO when ?

how

My Filco Majestouch-2 just died on me all of sudden. Seems like one of the keys got stuck, it just keeps typing "k" over and over until it suddenly won't work at all. I've tried using both the USB and PCB connectors, reinstalling the drivers on different USB ports, and cleaning the socket but it just seems like the "k" key is fucked.

What the hell /mkg/? You told me these things were durable... Thankfully I'm not a poorfag though and it lasted me 5 years I guess.

Thinking about getting an RGB board now and was looking at the Ducky Shine 5, you guys like that one?

Ever been cleaned? Give that bad boy a full teardown and clean.

have you checked the switch itself, you can open it up without having to desolder it

>tfw spending friday night alone lubricating zealios switches

I'll take a look inside and clean it. Seems like this is a common unfixable common with Filcos though. I'm not optimistic, but if it works I'll report back.

we've all been there user

Well do you know what the keycaps are or did they come with the keyboard? If i can find the set I can know what color they are. I've already found a couple of purple keys but they don't seem to match the exact shade

Do it, my Microsoft Sidewinder X6 started jamming on the spacebar. About the same age as yours. Fully cleaned it and it brought it back to life.
Getting my first mechanical keyboard today.

legit been meaning to lube my switches (matias quiet) for a while but god damn I don't have the patience for it, props off to you

anyway user I have no exact idea but ill shot some at youBlank: elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_np
Pad Printed: elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=dmx_us104_lav_tw

These are out of stock but you can always ask:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=963

These are for the shine 4 and 3, but give them a try:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1164
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1159
The pic attached is a better one

You could always go for the royal purple by tai hao or Royal Purple Originative caps

thanks but that wasn't me asking
I have a friend who might be able to make something, he's already doing a few custom ones for me

>tfw new quality keycaps cost so much that I wonder if I should get a new keyboard instead.

Its not in RGB but I'm sure you can mod it

You can get some thick PBT caps from china for around 40 bucks including shipping.

I spent the extra bucks and bought a keyboard with dye-sub PBT so I don't have to do what you are doing

I want a cherry blue, tenkeyless keyboard with floating keys. Something like the Tomoko (pic related) but with cherry blue switches.
Bonus points for all-metal construction.

Any ideas Sup Forums? Not interested in modding the tomoko (too much money to get the keycaps and switches, too much time to do it)

I think you should be able to get external wrist rests. There's some on amazon that are various lengths.

>Bonus points for all-metal construction
You know thats gonna increase the price by 1000% compared to a tomoko

i have laser etched PBT ninja caps. pretty nice desu

Really? I thought it would be like a 20 bucks difference at most.
Well, something that is solid plastic would also do then I guess. Bonus points for a metal backplate in that case.

it'll also increase the noise tenfold but I guess op doesn't care if he's going after cherry blues

>Bonus points for a metal backplate
that's really only found in 150-200 keyboards

meant to say 150-200 dollars but I hope it was implied

Just got pic related yesterday. Sound is god-tier and feel is great ( if anything I wish it had slightly more resistance); I keep looking for excuses to use it. So glad I fell for this meme.

The quickfire TK has it and is 70 bucks on amazon.
Not floating keys and I'm not sure I like the numpad/arrow key hybrid though.

>I thought it would be like a 20 bucks difference at most.

In your dreams the cost of the metal alone.
If I were to DIY an all metal keyboard the aluminum case would cost $150 while the plate would be another $90.
If I was a large manufacturer I might save 50 to 70 bucks but that keyboard will sell for 300-350 dollars
So never ever Mr. Tomoko

What the flying fuck. It is much cheaper to go to a local metal shop and have every part custom machined then, that is quite absurd.
Anyhow, not going to spend that kind of money (diy or not) just for the metal construction then.

But again, see

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1947

I think that user said quality

I meant to say the plate and PCB but as you can see by my post a reformated it a couple of times poorly.

TRIANGLE SWITCHES > PLUS SIGN SWITCHES

>TRIANGLE SWITCHES > PLUS SIGN SWITCHES

what are triangle and plus sign switches?
you mean whats printed on them?

No u nig

hes talking about cherry stems (plus signs) versus whatever the fuck uses a triangle

Are you talking about the stem

this

>It is much cheaper to go to a local metal shop and have every part custom machined then
doubt it. maybe with steel it'd be attainable but not with aluminium

What about a stainless steel plate and and an anodized aluminum case. I think a steel case would be way to heavy

>EagleTec KG010 Office / Industrial LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Black)
>$46
>amazon.com/dp/B015MPQQ0A?psc=1

This one sounds like it has a really good build quality, double shot injection molding, metal plates, gateron switches are supposedly pretty decent, and it's cheap as hell. Only problem for me is that it's too flashy

So instead I'm going for this one. Seems like less build quality, but it's even cheaper by virtue of being sold by monoprice. Nice modest looking keyboard that should feel pretty nice to type/play on.

>Select Series - Full Size Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard
>$36
>monoprice.com/product?pg_no2=2&c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=13785&sortby=&period=&rating=&seq=1&format=4#feedback

I've 80% made up my mind, just wanted to let you guys know these cheapo ones are here, also to see if I missed an important problem with the monoprice one.

Just switched back to my blues after a couple months on browns. God it's refreshing.

Is this worth anything?

I can buy it right now for 70 bucks, but its in japan

I'll give you 8 bucks for the imac.

aluminium is hard to work with, like the computer case in pic related unironically costs $400, and ncase m1 cost $205, and even for a thin steel backplate you're paying for the labor and such

Link?

nope I'm trying to contact the seller to see if he will ship it to me :^)

i want that case so fucking bad

Screenshot then.

dye sub or lasers nigga

Doubleshot > dye sub > engraved >>>>>>> laser > pad printed

Thanks for the advice, it's working now for some inexplicable reason. Didn't work when I cleaned it but I poked around the back of the PCB around where the "k" key was marked and pushed in the rubber socket with a screwdriver and that fixed it somehow.

would the IBM model M be considered both Dye-sub and doubleshot with the way the keycaps are assembled

Was dusting off an old Powerbook today and rediscovered this neat little thing. It is a MacALLY MK-22, produced in Taiwan.

cool, maybe it was a loose connection or something

Ugh, that was supposed to be rotated.
Anyways, I remembered from over a decade ago that it had a very distinct "mechanical" sound that the Powerbook's keyboard lacks. On closer inspection, it turned out that it is indeed apparently mechanical and has Cherry MX-style switches too. They don't have any visible identifier, but I've searched Deskauthority a little and I feel it might be a variant of these: deskthority.net/wiki/Taiwan_white_and_black_shaft

Hey I asked about the master keys L this morning in the last thread. I brought it. Anymore want a review?

I don't think that you can say anything that hasn't been said already.

Basically. That's cool. Thanks for the advice anyway.

why does my review on reddit keep fluctuating between having a downvote and not having it? is it a bug on the server or does someone keep changing his mind or what

how many times are you going to make this same post? it's like the 5th time this week

fucking macfags

What is the best switch

>TFW you found an IBM industrial model M and an IBM model M SSK for 80 bucks each, but your too poor to buy either one

Beam spring followed my buckling spring followed by Alps and their clones followed by topre and their clones followed by cherry and their clones

>Pennzoil
Common at least use something goof like Mobil

Any recommendation for someone who wants to play games and mmos, but has baby hands?

60%

mech keyboards mostly have the same size keys though it's just the layout that varies

So what are my options then? Play on a controller?

Something like this?

amazon.com/Noppoo-84-Technology-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00HLW5DP2/ref=pd_sim_147_2/153-2821412-4031243?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EGN6YE33Z7AR6EK00P26

that's 75%

60% is smaller like pic related

if you really have baby hands maybe you could look for some kind of pc controller like in

nah use this

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1774

for MMOs you usually want extra macro keys, you could use the function row for that

How am I going to play mmos if there are no F keys?

I have no idea about keypads, because no ever talks about them so I'm clueless on what brand, key caps, etc. to buy.

buy a pad you nig stop being a fucker and think

Noice. Hate seeing good tech wasted.

I have a Logitech G105 that I'm thinking of replacing with a Tomoko keyboard. Is there anything better near the same price range?

There is only Razer and Logitech.

Measure your hand and post.

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=mechanical numpad

the keys wouldn't be smaller than on a regular keyboard he means a device like in

7 ft.

What keypad is that? I'll just buy that instead.

Why do you need a pad like that? It's literally only three more keys. if you need more buy another numpa53d