Dell xps 13

Is this, dare i say it, OUR laptop?

Yep, absolutely unbeatable.

dang i knew i s-h-hould have bought this instead of the inspiron. dang!

>Is this, dare i say it, OUR laptop?
Poo in Loo

Inspiron is fine. The Gaming 7000 series Inspiron has pretty damn decent specs for the money. It has better specs and build quality and it's still cheaper than the equivalent Lenoshit Ideapad.

Fucking yes, so much want. Got like 3 classmates at uni that have them and it's the best thing ever. Too bad I'm a poor fuck.

No, our laptop is a Thinkpad G40
Also known as the THICCPAD
It weighs 8 pounds, it has a 4:3 screen, it's 2.5" thick, has a max of 2gb of ram, runs Windows XP and should only run XP, and has a desktop Pentium 4 inside, supporting up to a 3.4ghz Pentium EE

If you are claiming Sup Forums worships anything else, you should be sucking the dick off the CEO of dell.

>Is this, dare i say it, OUR laptop?

Is this, dare i say it, an advert for a laptop?

WTF

Without a doubt, it's the best laptop of 2016 by a mile.
>inb4 cumstain chinkpad shills and mactards

Have a look at the Dell outlet, they might have a couple of refurbished ones at discounted prices.

Enjoy your cumstains and 5 minute battery life, you fucking autistic piece of shit.

How poor?: I got the 2016 version from eBay for like $600 bucks a couple months ago.

Seriously is this a shill thread?

Kind of pathetic if Dell is resorting to advertising their products in this way. (and even more pathetic if you are willing to be paid to do this)

rMBP you poor

Why are you shilling a time bomb housefire in a laptop thread?

Fuck off, iToddler. Macbook has worse keyboard, worse battery life, worse trackpad, worse screen, worse build quality, worse bezels and worse webcam.
>b-but I don't know how to use anything other than an OS made for fucktards and toddler babbies.

>"OUR"
shill is a genius

I think the xps is cute the trackpad is its main weakness so when youre shilling the fucking trackpad this hard it makes you look extremely bad.

That's not a thinkpad senpai.

Enjoy your cumstains, shit display and battery life, fucking loser.

#BTFO

Got mine (9343) in February 2015.
Some things wrong with it:
>screen brightness adapting that can't be disabled
>slight backlight bleed in corners
>some possible burn in from taskbar
>coil whine (reduced by disabling processor c-states)
>trackpad unintentionally double clicks sometimes
>shitty battery life (might be because I run high performance all the time and have processor downclocking disabled)
>USB devices disconnect if any force is put on the plug
>Samsung PM851 SSD is garbage

>UNIX
>DOS Shell

I think it's clear who the toddler is.

>doesn't know that Dell also sells the developer version with Linux Preinstalled
Again, Mactards prove that they are fucking retarded.

Dude, you're getting a Dell!

I already have the XPS 13, but I definitely wouldn't mind the XPS 15 when they upgrade it to Kaby Lake and GTX 1060. Would be an absolute beast.

V A I O Z
A
I
O
Z

>soldered RAM

I got it when it came out and sold it a few months ago for a x220. The qhd+ screen is a meme

putting the fans on the bottom is stupid

But can I put Linux on it without anything breaking?

Dell sells the XPS Developers Edition which comes preinstalled with Linux. It's one of the best solutions if you're planning to run Linux on a modern laptop.

macbook pro is OUR laptop

It's an absolute piece of shit.

you're seriously pretty fucking stupid
>worse battery life
>worse screen

How come? The 4k xps has shit battery life, maxing out at 7 hours, while the 1080p variant has a comparable battery life with the rmbp, but a worse screen.

>worse trackpad
Wut, you've obviously never used the 2015 rmbp then, it's miles ahead compared to the xps
>worse keyboard
Again, the argument above

>worse build quality
That's the most retarded argument you can make, the "carbon fiber" on the xps is way behind the mbp's unibody design and you know that.

I'm not a big fan of apple products to be honest, but I have to admit, the macbook pro is one of the best laptops of all time, props to them for building such a engineering masterpiece.

why?

see

Agreed, buy an used thinkpad if you want durability, comfort and performance on a budget.
If you have the money buy a rmbp.