Which non reference rx480 is the best?

So yeah which is the best rx480 of them all?

none they have multiple issues that amd isnt acknowledging

go look at the amd support forums at all the problems people are having with them

sapphire is pretty much best amd aftermarket regardless of card

Sapphire or the power color Red Devil if you plan to overclock.

Normal sapphire or the nitro one¿?

Nitro is faster because cooling lets it overclock more before overheating

the MSI aib shits all over the sapphire one

or get powercolor if you're serious about OC'ing.

I'm afraid of buying from Power Color because a lot of their products have poor reviews.

you a bitchass nigga, the best rx 480 atm is the powercolor version or the msi.

The 1060

Yup I had and still have a shit ton off problems with my rx 480, now my pc is somewhat stable and the performance are good but it's not necessarily a card I would recommend

Im poor so i dont want to buy a monitor with more than 60hz and 1080p

the one with an 8-pin instead of a 6-pin

but you should get a rx470, unless you really, really want 8GB VRAM, they have almost exactly the same performance

can I see the benchmarks/where are benchmarks located for the rx 470

>ashes of the singularity (dx 11)
>rise of the tomb raider (dx 11)
>doom (open gl)
>total war: warhammer (dx 11)

lel

Sapphire, XFX GTR and surprisingly HIS IceQ. All of them has nice clocks, and overclock really well.

About temps and noise:

I can safely say that Sapphire's Nitro is a bit hot and loud, XFX's GTR has excellent temperatures and basically no noise.

All I know about HIS' IceQ is that it overclocks really well. There's a review already somewhere, can't remember wich website exactly.

Sitting here comfortably with a r9 290 sapphire with no problemo

Bouncing off of , the 480 is in a pretty awkward spot. The sapphire nitro Fury is a better buy if you can find it around $300 or less, giving you better performance than most aftermarket 480s at around the same cost. Otherwise, if you're on a budget, the 470 will give you similar performance to the 480, while actually managing to stay around $200.

>DX12
>requires botnet 10
dropped

I'm about to drop the money on MSI Gayming X RX 480. I wish it wasn't this ugly but good thing i don't have a side-panel on my case

I like the look of the MSI one, but got a Saphire rx 470 4GB (pic related) and very happy with it, no problems at all , love this card desu sexy asf with a nice backplate, if's pretty quiet if you have fan on auto only time you'll hear it kick up a bit is during prolonged and heavy loads if your not gaming for hours it runs cool and silent around 36 degrees at stock but if you turn the fan all the way up to 5000 RPM man is it loud but it keeps it cool thats for sure I use headphones anyway so I barely hear it in the background

temps

oops forgot pic

honestly AMD did a great job with these GPU, 470 is the new standard in price / performance per dollar ratio more so than the 480 is, plays all the same games my GTX 970 does and uses less power because 470 has a 120W TDP

My sapphire nitro is great. Peaks at about 75C from stock config.
Not had any problems with it

I got a nitro+, it's great. Barely fit in my CM 690 II, though.

What is Vulkan?

Can anyone provide me with physical size for the rx 480 nitro? Amazon and other sites like superbizz have different numbers.

Either the Powercolor Devil or the MSI Gaming X.
If you can't grt one od these then XFX or Sapphire.

XFX GTR Black is pretty good, temps hit about 70c for me.

something that will not grow to a size that is not a meme

Mine's 24x13x4cm LWH, length measured from where it touches the slot, so add ~1.5cm for that L thingy.

I can't find any reviews or audio to testify as to the noise of these.

I want to pick up 480 Nitro OC one, is it as loud as people claim it to be? I heard it was a driver issues, did they fix it?

Yeah that dx12 eh, my 1080 only runs at 175fps on ultra settings when its turned on in Battlefield 1 its a nightmare

>Supporting a terrorist company
Never change Sup Forums

Because opengl is such a meme. No one uses it right? Vulkan is pretty much opengl 2.0. It'll take off dude.

>shilling: the post

Yeah the nitro 480 is literally the loudest and hottest aftermarket card. Go look up TTLs video about it.

yes ogl is a meme its marketshare compared to dx is horrible

The card is amd, not intel.
Holy fuck you can smell the shekels on your breath.

A shame the HIS looks so unattractive/cheap.

any pcb pics of the 8gb nitro? all i can find are 4gb

I've found my XFX is pretty darn quiet under normal load with reasonable temps. If you've got something demanding like furmark it'll be louder of course.

The only issue I find is games will get more and more bloated over time, the 8 gigs might actually become useful for 1080p

Red hot jew

Anyone think it would be worth waiting till cyber Monday?

The one made by NVidia

I dont have any problems with my reference one on arch.

>amd
no buy nvidia pls

>windows
>privacy
>gaming

pick two.

k

I am considering one over the nitro with reports to how loud it is.

Looking at a GTR Black for £244.

You have a very salient point that Direct X 12 simply doesn't matter to the 1080 and 1070.

MSI.
Sapphire card is the loudest of them all(still less then reference though)

>mfw i bought a dan case a4
>mfw i want freesync
amd pls vega now the fury does not fit in the dan case

None, get a 1060.

In the UK the MSI is only in stock at an insane £299, but was in stock on ebuyer for £253.

I'm hoping the xfx is better than the sapphire.

What do you guys mean when you say nitro is hot?

I agree it's idle temp is worse than 1060 (delta t 15 to 10). The issue I had was that it would sometimes go all the way up to the sixties, but then the fan would kick in. Is this what you mean?

>Powercolor Devil
Gets rekt in every possible by the XFX GTR. I dont know why people are still shilling this card. Not to mention the size of that shit.

Nothing wrong with Nitro+ sound/temps, since most of it was a bug by conflicting sapphire/amd drivers. The OC version is probably binned so its probably worth it.

All around, the best one is probably the XFX GTR.

Anyway, im giving up my build to a shittier CPU and cooler just to get a 1070 instead. Everyone should do it to teach amd to stop releasing cards that are one year behind Nvidia cards.

>loud

nope, unless you classify "I CAN HEAR IT ON A SUMMER DAY WHEN I PRESS MY FAT NU-MALE NVIDIOT HEAD AGAINST THE CASE" as loud

480 is garbage compared to the 1060. if you want a value card that's slower than the 1060 just get a 470. otherwise the 1060 is always the better buy.

>rx470 itself is more expensive than the 1060 in some stores here
>rx480 is closer in price to the 1070 than the 1060
B L U N D E R

>480 already beating 1060 in DX12
>12+ games coming this year have or will have DX12

Hmm... really makes me think...

Also, if you intend to use your card on 1440p, a good number of games are already pushing 5-6 GB VRAM with high settings, like GTAV and Tomb Raider. While it's likely not to make too much of a difference since the amount of VRAM it uses is going to be bottlenecked by the card itself, it could make a difference in some games to have 8 GB vs. 6.

Your fault for living in a meme country

what? the 1060 beats the 480 in every dx12 game by a huge margin with the exception of the extremely poorly designed implementation in hitman.

>So yeah which is the best rx480 of them all?
The 1060

DX12 is completely irrelevant since it's Win10 only

>muh doom

>480 already beating 1060 in AMD Gaming Evolved DX12 games
FIFY

Maybe you should move to America like every other smart person has.

Only autists on Sup Forums are staying off Win10, everyone else has upgraded.

Are these reference cards? Nvidia's reference cards are much better than pajeet's. The custom cards close the gap a bit if not eliminate it entirely.

this, always this

>implying nvidias custom cards aren't even better

Get the MSI RX480 OP the overclock should be good as with most MSI cards

The problem is the 480 being so scarce and its demand that makes its pricing so shitty. Im not complaining, the 1060 and 1070 have great prices.

For the same price I would get a i5 6600k+480 last month I can get a i7 6700+1070 today.

Thank god I didnt preorder the 480, let alone the 470.

>Only autists on Sup Forums are staying off Win10, everyone else has upgraded

The majority of normies use WIN 7

>Ashes of Singularity
Does anyone else ever seen this game outside of 480 shilling benchmark videos?

People play any other game that isn't CSGO?

lol

What should I go with? The i7 6700k with a rx 480 or a i5 6600k with a 1070, please help Sup Forumsuys

6700k with 1070 you faggot. If you can save up for a i5 with a 1070 you can certainly save a bit more for the best of both worlds.

If you cant, 6600k+1070, obviously.

What are you gonna use it for

>you're an autist if you don't want microsoft pajeets to receive screenshots and other "telemetry" from your computer regardless of your privacy settings

bclk oc'ed i3 6100 and gtx1080.

Thanks for the quick response

High intensive gaming

>GTA V
>Witcher 3
>Son of Rome
And also future proof the pc so I can play future titles

It doesnt even matter, dude. Its ridiculous to waste an i7 on a 480 and sacrifice a 1070 for muh-multithreading.

Definitely the i5+1070, but you may wanna go for an i7+1070 by saving up a bit if you can

What about this guy? Not saying it's the superior side, but it sounds somewhat decent

The best 480 is the one that you can overclock to 1450 without burning your house down. In other words wining the silicon lottery. Sadly I did not on my MSI Gaming X. Best I can get is 1390 and even then it's touch and go and demands high voltage and temps.

Just wait til Nvidia releases the GTX 970 to compete with the RX480, amdrones, just wait...

Stop living in a 3rd world country

Speaking of MSI cards I can get an MSI RX 470 8gb for £190.

Sounds like an OK deal

>mfw any 8GB sapphire nitro 480 instantly disappears from shops the next day
When the fuck will they make more of them

B R A Z I L

>1060 cheaper than 470
>480 competing with a fucking 980ti

Yeah, I know 8gb is pointless and I only ever expect it to reach 6gb at most maybe.

But what I like about the 470 is it's quiet and cooler at load than the 480.

I wish there was a list of games confirmed to be developed with a vulkan option.

To get one for £190 with 8gb would be great, thought shame about the lack of backplate for easier cleaning.

Probably got yield issues hence why 470's appeared near instantaneously.

nice 3rd world shithole you live in

I'll stay a Britbong thanks.
Fags in America thinking of electing Trump and Clinton. Fuck that.