GPS watch for running

Can anyone recommend a gps watch for running? I would like a big screen and heart rate monitor. I'm thinking about the vivoactive HR. Are there other options I should consider?

Yes, pic related.

>GPS for running.
What's your life-time record distance for a single run?

A 50 miler

Check out dcrainmaker.com. He will put up buyer guide for black friday soon. His reviews are spot on.

20km, I almost died.

i bet you have smartphone
just download run tracking app and you are all set
no need to buy gimmick to "enhance" your speed, distance, hearth rate, angle of knee and style of running

measuring hearth rate sound cool on paper, but unless you want to do olympic level, there is no need

You also don't need to know pace, elevation or speed if you aren't an Olympian, but when heart rate monitors can be had for less than $20, who cares?

It wasn't until I got my Microsoft Band that I got truly into fitness, because seeing all of my data and being able to benchmark against myself, against myself is fun to me.

I am a lot healthier for it (down 20 lbs, 12lbs to go).

Garmin Forerunner 10. I've had mine for 5 years and it's a great watch. Fairly simple ui and nothing really that fancy. Geta the job done and durable af

I like the look of this, looks like it could be any old casio watch. Cheap, too.

Can you upload data to strava or anything like that?

in that case you might have better luck in
probably daily thread about running
just don't fall for all the fit memes
>manlet
>thiccc
>high test
>cardio killing gainz
>lifting

About 150m. I was proud of myself for days.

>want a neato watch
>do actual exersize
>watches just get fucked up by salt water and shredded by concrete
>continue buying inexpensive casios
such is life

>you might have better luck in
is always bad advice

Sup Forums through and through mate.

Full neckbeard, hate social encounters, spend my life in a virtual world etc etc. Just technology has given me an excuse to get fit.

Casio mustard race

Never tried myself, but maybe the Garmin desktop application let's you. I'm more into writing down good runs in a notebook for a physical copy.

>tfw my watches only tell time, date and day

Reporting in.

I use an ambit 2 with a garmin premium heart rate strap. Works well for ultramarathon and triathlon on a single charge.

Standing by.

You could try the Apple watch series 2, it has GPS.

when will it be my turn for speedmaster

So these smartwatches, aside from this fitness shit, are they good for anything else? I always understood that these were just an extension of what your smartphone already does, only wearable on your wrist so you can look cool or something. I don't see the utility much, but I'm really curious now: does anyone own one of these things and actually feel like it's fairly useful?