Android Encryption

So, what's the method of encryption you use for your android phone ?

I don't trust the built in Google encryption. Is LUKS available for android ?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2013/7/10/4510904/blackberry-makes-surveillance-concessions-ending-dispute-with-india
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you care about privacy you shouldn't be using android in the first place, get a blackberry

^ this surprisingly

Blackberry has a better record in terms of not bending over to the feds than Apple, Google, and MS.

Is their encryption open source and free of backdoors ?

POO IN THE LOO

theverge.com/2013/7/10/4510904/blackberry-makes-surveillance-concessions-ending-dispute-with-india

Encryption is for pedos.

Kill yourself you fucking pervert.

Something something nothing to hide

I stopped using encryption.

If someone wants to get into your phone, no amount of encryption will stop it. It's a fact. Might as well stop having sensitive information on your phone.

Use iOS. If you use a strong password and the touch id window has expired, it is literally mathematically impossible to access the device.

If you use a weak passcode, it is still secure UNLESS the attacker is able and willing to coerce Apple into signing a SEP update to bypass the bruteforce protection.

I think that's about the best you'll get.

Encryption only matters for a fresh wipe of the phone before resale. Just use the built in settings and do a clean wipe before you give/sell the phone.

An encrypted and secured iPhone is much better.

iPhone is full of backdoors. Do not buy.

>MASTERLOCK
>Encryption thread

Master locks are weak as fuck. Most of them can be picked up to minute.

>Android
>Security

Pick one. I love the versatility of the OS but it leaks like a sieve.

If you care about security, you need to use an iPhone or a dumb phone. Android is in bed with the government.

Its pretty easy to bruteforce actually, solder a couple of wires, backup nand, try codes, expire, restore nand, try again. You can easily automate that.

just create a container for your furry crap on sd card

The standard Android encryption is dm-crypt, which LUKS is a front end for. It's literally the same crypto code. It's open source.

Isn't Blackberry out of business? They said they released their last phone, right? So I don't think it'll be secure to invest in a phone made by a company that no longer exist.

Even if it wasn't bankrupt(which it is), El Chapo only used blackberries cause he trusted them more for being a canadian product and not american and used to go through them like burners throwing them away on the next day. He still had all his communications jacked by the fucking mexican intelligence to the point where they had all his bbm conversations.
Those italians hackers that had all their shit leaked last year also had several blackberry exploits in their arsenal, the whole blackberry is safe marketing is a meme.

Hi NSA

What are the go to p2p voice messaging and video call apps for android

Yes. Trust in your government. They are flawless and governments have never gone after their people.