No more Mac startup chime

pingie.com/2016/10/28/apple-says-goodbye-to-the-startup-chime-with-the-new-macbook-pro/

RIP in Reese's Pieces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZiPmYRixC0
youtube.com/watch?v=QDUv_8Dw-Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ogsu51Gz60
youtu.be/gmswEVuwtxA?t=1m10s
forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/11/27/lsd-microdosing-the-new-job-enhancer-in-silicon-valley-and-beyond/#679d8e5e114d
pingie.com/2016/10/31/how-to-enable-the-startup-chime-on-the-2016-macbook-pros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck

RIP ;_;

how did the startup chime sounded like?

youtube.com/watch?v=CZiPmYRixC0

youtube.com/watch?v=QDUv_8Dw-Mw

PAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNN

youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0

god i miss steve jobs so much

Steve was the only one who could tell them something was shit. Otherwise, they just are one big circle jerk.

>magsafe gone
>ports gone
>glowing logo gone
>startup chime gone
>extension cord gone
>no function keys
>meme bar
>$3k for a decent configuration

Linux is a finicky bitch and Windows is spyware. Why the FUCK does Apple have to go down like this?

They're literally killing off everything iconic about their brand.

>start up chime
>magsafe
>glowing logo

Cornerstones of Apple's design and "who they are". What the fuck is going on at that company.

timbo and ive have taken over completely now

I read somewhere that Ive was pretty okay, and Jobs was the one who kept Ive in check, and now that Jobs is dead Ive is just spewing stupid shit left and right.

that chime was made by Brian Eno; on a mac.

i thought you were saying you have taken over with timbo
and not ive as in that bald man

Reminder that Apple's history is repeating itself and will take the return of the rightful heir to save it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ogsu51Gz60

Also of note.
youtu.be/gmswEVuwtxA?t=1m10s
Reeks is a hoot. Check out the other interview clips on youtube where he shits on engineers and company bureaucracy.

F

yep exactly, that's what likely is happening

It's like Apple wants to remove all traces of their personality.

Apple is not a company that clings to arbitrary historical markers for the sake of nostalgia or sentimentality.

That's been the company's culture since Steve Jobs returned and streamlined the product lineup. Apple rarely looks back, only forward. If something can't justify its existence, or worse, gets in the way of a better user experience, then it doesn't belong in he product.

>If something can't justify its existence, or worse, gets in the way of a better user experience, then it doesn't belong in he product.

>gets in the way of a better user experience, then it doesn't belong in he product

>If something can't justify its existence

>or worse, gets in the way of a better user experience

>then it doesn't belong in he product.

>gets in the way of a better user experience

If you're only in it for the OS, make a Hackintosh. Also, since when was Linux a "finicky bitch"? It's easy with shit like Ubuntu.

>gets in the way of a better user experience, then it doesn't belong in he product.
Literally a fucking company where their 2016 phone can't be plugged into their 2016 laptop

You're absolutely correct in that, but Apple's execution of that idea is completely off. The new MacBook Pro advertisements compares the MBP to the old Apple laptop products, hence it's "looking back". Sure, it's their 25th birthday or something like that but Jobs would've never green-lit that advertisement.

Aren't those things for vendors who wish to take cc payments via their mobile device? that's a different segment of payments than Using Apple Pay.

>oh god, that pencil will have to be there for a whole 15 seconds, what will I do?

Steve Jobs started the first public iPhone demo by talking about Apple's 30th anniversary and the historical importance of the Mac and the iPod, with the iPhone placed as the next major revolution.

Also the first iMac's introduction with the "hello (again)" tagline was a direct reference to the original's 1984 introduction.

Now these are anomalies, sure, and I'm not sure Jobs would have approved the Mac 30th anniversary celebrations a couple of years back, but even now they're still anomalies and not regular occurrences.

this might be right
tim cook needs to leave, as well as the fat guy who usually presents the products

That's what happens when you only have 3 giants for years. They run out of ideas.

>Also, since when was Linux a "finicky bitch"? It's easy with shit like Ubuntu.

It's easy until you have to do something out of the ordinary. Then: finicky bitch.

Are they going mental at Apple HQ? What the fuck is going on?
Are they delusional or is it an elaborate prank?

But Jobs isn't going to appear again

That chime was actually a really useful tool for repairing Macbooks. Its absence could eliminate half of the possible hardware problems relating to startup issues.

So why is the phone case in the upper left shaped like that? I've seen the picture a million times but never the story behind it.

Since I had to go forum hunting obscure terminal commands just to get an ordinary hp printer up and running. Bye bye two hours of my life.

Top portion so it doesn't obstruct the camera, and so it's flexible enough to put the phone into.
Bottom portion to maintain symmetry with the top.

You're not wrong. I finally convinced my laptop's headphone port to work right.

wtf i hate apple now

It is naive to think that jobs would keep up with innovations forever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH MY GOD NO MORE STARTUP SOUND THE WHOLE WORLD IF FALLING TO HELL

WHAT A RIPOFF

APPLE IS SELLING OUT

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

but on a serious note this is pretty gay. they should keep the startup chime. fucks sake

you can already turn the startup chime off by just muting your computer before shutting it down. wtf are those fuckwits thinking?

must be all the LSD and shit they are """"microdosing""""

fuck them all. the quality has gone down rapidly since this became public knowledge

forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/11/27/lsd-microdosing-the-new-job-enhancer-in-silicon-valley-and-beyond/#679d8e5e114d

it's just an excuse for worthless, addicts who can't control themselves to get high on the job, and even higher at home

confronted by management? just say lol i'm just microdosing, man huehuehue

only based china can save us

>less than 60 second in the terminal and it's back

pingie.com/2016/10/31/how-to-enable-the-startup-chime-on-the-2016-macbook-pros/

My SE/30 is fucking pissed.

The problem is that it's pretty much impossible to have a system that has 100% driver compatibility. There will always be some issue that either breaks some component or just degrades system performance. Nvidia doesn't even have pascal drivers for mac os yet, for fuck's sake.