Fucking windows man

Fucking windows man

My start menu and action center just stopped responding, how do i fix this mess?

I've tried every solution i could find on the forums or youtube tutorials for this issue, nothing worked.
What can i do now? Am i completely fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=classic shell
thewindowsclub.com/cortana-taskbar-search-not-working-in-windows-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install gentoo

You have to reinstall it. It Happened to me.

Usually when i have any problems with windows this is messy as fuck but it usually works, end explorer.exe and then run it again.

Linux doesn't have this problem.

wtf I hate windows now

Just switch to Linux already. You can install ZorinOS easily if you need a Windows look.

i have tried ending explorer.exe with no success

i also ran some codes that were supposed to solve the problem in command prompt and powershell.

nothing worked so far, also there are those random notification noises that usually come up when i disconnect my usb mouse, now they just appear on startup and every several minutes...

this thing is beginning to drive me nuts. wat do

Your taskbar is thicccc

get a new mouse

Just say "Cortana, please reinstall windows" into the mic

Just backup, format and reinstall. You can install Faronics Deep Freeze after a clean install and have a fresh system every reboot.

Always be ready to reload Windows or install from an image based backup. That's what businesses do and it works. Don't troubleshoot, just wipe and reload. It's fast when you've practiced it.

Nevermind guys, just had to restart the machine and it works again. Sorry I wasted all of your time, next time I'll go to the appropriate stupid questions thread.

Thanks!

Install Classic Shell

my friend once installed windows for me so i'm afraid i can't reinstall it, is there any other option?

what is classic shell?

Just werks

this is caused by daemon tools

>You can install ZorinOS easily if you need a Windows look.
Or if you like to torture yourself with shitty Windows wannabe look that imitates Windows by combining transparency of Windows 7 with flat look of W10. The news is - it looks like shit. Even more shit than other Linux distributions.

lmgtfy.com/?q=classic shell

I'm a bit surprised that no one has suggested "Delete system32". That's always been the Sup Forums method of choice for solving OS problems.

Had these issues a lot during the beta, reported it to them many times, never saw it get fixed.

Go back to 7 or switch to Linux, these issues will keep coming back the more you use 10 and will sometimes get gradually worse. I just dual boot now and I'm very happy.

thought that was a butt plug at first
disappointed now

I had a similar problem the start menu dirent open i current right click any icon, the anniversary update got installed and that solve the problem, you could try installing it if you don't have already or reinstalled from the update menu

Hmm, did you try restarting?

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

If you're running an Nvidia card, make sure you've got the latest drivers. A recent update fucked the start menu.

>The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
It does when you load Windows on it.

Next time just restart cortana. Exe in taskmanager

My brother had this problem... You need to do some powershell magic, it is relatively common issue. Google it, that is how we solved it

Sounds exactly what we had. We solved it by running some powershell codes we found. I can not remember what caused it. But it is something you need to get used to if you want to run Windows 10

Happened to me, then I switched to arch

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

>looks like shit
It doesn't. Looks are subjective, idiot.
It's funny how retards say "loonix sucks because you have to use terminal for basic functionality and it's not a stable desktop OS", and then this guy admits Windows 10 is just as bad, if not worse.

So emotionally distraught.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>It doesn't. Looks are subjective, idiot.
Basic graphical standards and rules are not subjective. They are defined - therefore they are objective.

>using a beta product (winshit 10)
serves you right

Happened to me more than once, but just restarting the computer fixed the issue.

You're wrong, therefore I'll call you an idiot.

looks like I posted too late this Why wasn't rebooting your first action?
Are you that much of a computer illiterate?

Op here

i just noticed there was a windows update installed on 29th, i'm guessing that's what caused this problem. i can't uninstall the update though.

also images don't open for some reason...

that wasn't me btw

thewindowsclub.com/cortana-taskbar-search-not-working-in-windows-10
Scroll down to
Re-register the Cortana app
You probably have to do that.

i don't even have cortana. i just tried making a new user account and that doesn't work either. what the fuck is happening, i have a project due and i'm so fucked right now....

Use classic shell

All windows 10 users have cortana.
It's the search function in windows 10.

This is what shows up in command prompt after i put in the codes.

i wanted to clean reset windows but i realised i have no external hard drive for backing up. fuck my life

Restart explorer and kill yourself

Why is there so much bloat in Windows 10?