Looks like crap

Looks amazing

I'm hyped.

Potential, but will ultimately be wasted

I think it's dope. I'll pre-order it.

freedom hating low quality trash

It's great if I act like it's meant to replace the 3DS

no freedom

Please make up your mind, Sup Forums, so that I may parrot your opnion with confidence.

First console I'm interested in since N64.

DOA
O
A

what a fucking fag you are, dude.

General consensus is that it's what people want a console to be in 2016. Not too expensive with awesome AAA games that you can play on the go anywhere.

This is why all the top developers are all making games for it.

I don't.

You're right, Samsung was DOA

>720p

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

It's not just about "play on the go", it's about the social aspect. Like a Wii, but better.

I think this console will make Nintendo great again.

you legit sound like a Nintendo marketer it's so pathetic

YES

Im gonna buy one, but my expectations are that will be good for playing for an hour or so before I go to bed, I highly doubt it will become my main gaming device. I also travel tons for work, and it looks alright for that since hotel rooms get boring as fuck after a while and my ps4/xbox one are kinda bulky

i have never been bullied on internet

but how will we play splatoon 2 on the go? will it have mobile data or something?

>it's about the social aspect

Nintendo realized that they made everyone fat and autistic, and now they're trying to fix it.

its made to make ppl question their sexuality and "switch" their preference.

Yes or just connest it to your phone's wifi

Haven't bought a Nintendo product since the GameCube, and that was only because I got it for $15 secondhand. I just don't care for the company. They consistently enforce retarded censorship policies on themselves as well as third-party developers, and their post-cartridge hardware pushes silly gimmicks that really add nothing to anyone's game play experience.

As for their upcoming platform, it's a gaming tablet. I have no interest in gaming on a tablet.

I'm afraid when the fucking game doesn't cooperate with me, I'm going to twist it by the controller ends and snap it.

I'm not eating that pic because I'm not a retarded drone. Nintendo and Sony showed pics like that with lots of 3rd party for the wii u and the vita, and we all know how it ended

Best console to come out in many years.

How will DS games work on it though? Would you need to hold it on its side?

Nintendo had no partners for the WiiU from the start. Everyone boycotted it because they were too lazy to develop for the second screen.

Switch has at least 10 times more developers already confirmed working on games for Switch

I thought the controls worked like the Wii nunchuks

they can I think

If they did they would've showed it in the first look video

In the video, they showed that you can use the two sides of the controller without the handled case. You can use one in each hand as if each were a wireless Wii nunchuk

Yes, but not control the game with real life movements, like Mario Tennis and shit like that

kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc

i'll probably wind up buying one but i'm not enthused about it

Maybe wiimotes will be an excepted accessory

>amd
into le trash it goes :^]

Look ugly, but nintendo's ugly like the gamecube and the wii.

Gonna buy it, could be a good tablet without android or ios.

>This is why all the top developers are all making games for it
those aren't developers that will make games, those are just developers that wanted their name in a picture for free advertisement.

>Autodesk
>Havok
>Fmod
>Hamster
>レコチョク コール

>Making Games
>wew.

gamecube was a work of art

They didn't show everything in the video. Devs say you can even use the Wiimotes on the Switch

maybe the indigo one you turbo fag

>This is why all the top developers are all making games for it.
Just like the Wii U my dude.

Is this actual concept art or just fan stuff? Because I love it

>>Autodesk

Autodesk has dozens of animation and game-creation apps and they are out there pushing the boundaries of animation creation for average users.

its just a mockup

It's what devs are working on. It was leaked before the official reveal.

annoyed, there was a chance of getting a new nvidia shield with better support and decent battery life but now we get this piece of locked down shit with the gimmicky controllers and no way to actually use it to run regular android apps.
Fuck Nintendo, congrats to nvidia for securing a sell and scamming those stupid ass japs.
Worst part is Ameriturds buying this shit to play yet another Mario Kart or for fuck sake another lame Legend of Zelda. I hope you die a fiery death bunch of gay ass redditors.

it's bullshit fanart but that doesn't mean it won't be real

If I buy one it's going to be in it's dock 99% of the time.

>It's what devs are working on

So in other words it's never going to happen.

Nothing gimicky about the controllers.

Very disappointed, to be perfectly honest. I was hoping for an actual console. Instead, we got a shitty tablet with a dock. Makes me wonder if it will be any more powerful than the WiiU at all. The only real use I'll get out of the damn thing is if/when it gets hacked, it might make an OK emulation machine, but judging from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look very comfortable to hold. I guess I'll have to see it for myself before drawing any final conclusions. I might grab it at launch for Zelda and just to have a launch console for hacking purposes.

Spotted the underage faggot. I've been playing Zelda games since the 80s, nothing is going to stop me at this point. Also, I can probably count the number of worthwhile Android games on one hand, I'm not at all surprised that Nintendo is sticking to their own closed software. Why the fuck do you need Android apps on a game console? Check your email on the shitty Nintendo tablet? Use it as a GPS?

I gave it the mom & dad test, they were very impressed, and these are people who haven't touched a gaming anything since the SNES.

It has potential, of course the people most involved in the console wars are unable to see past their limited worldview to see that potential.

That bezel

>I can't grip the sides properly

It's shit.

I never knew I wanted this until I saw the trailer. I can just set it up with the stand or play it like a handheld anywhere without any streaming faggotry. I barely play games anymore since I can only do it in like short periods if even that so this is bretty cool.

nope

I just want a new Vita with cheap memory cards

What happens when the screen and/or battery die?

1. I'm ok with the concept itself. I don't see any problem with having a console that can be used as a portable. Or a portable that can be used as a home console.

2. I'm worried about battery life and how hot this thing might get. Considering both sides have batteries as well, a lot of shit needs to be charged.

3. I'm also worried about framerates on portable mode. In the trailer zelda was running at about what, 20fps? That's unacceptable. This ain't ocarina of time.

4. The design is quite terrible in my opinion. It looks straight like a cheap gaming tablet. That grey plastic looking shit really makes me wonder if they just hired 2 chinese people to make it.

5. Not a lot of stuff expected software wise. They showed Skyrim legendary edition like that was supposed to make people think it was a good platform for third party titles, they did the same with fucking arkham city on the Wii U and it was dumb. They should work really, really hard on first party.

Is the hardware known yet beyond being custom Tegra?

There are some glaring issues with Nintendo's direction with the system, the fact that they're releasing a new handheld along side this is laughable. Hardware wise its just a mediocre tablet with some physical controls. There isn't much to say about it beyond that.
It clocks higher when docked, and has some form of active cooling. Thats something.

"Custom" is probably a big stretch, nothing more than clock binning in all actuality. Its a Nvidia "Parker" Tegra SoC. The same die they use in all their current carputers, what people call Tegra X2. I don't know if Nvidia themselves have started using that moniker for it.

Either it's backwards or the game is not projected correctly. This is unusable.

Finaly something revolutionary in the console world.

I'm really digging the console/handheld/tablet combo.

I'm also really looking forward to some local multiplayer with friends who also have a Switch.

tl;dr: it's awesome

Is there any info on how the switchable controllers connect to the console/controller body? That slide mechanism rules out simple plug-type connectors, and if it's a hidden spring-contact mechanism ala the Wii U gamepad charger that rules out motion controls unless they've found some way to make the connections reliable in the hands of an 800 pound gorilla.

I have a fetish for modular controllers, like the dreamcast/N64.

The duality of man

Well assuming screen failure is due to lifetime issues and not your cuck-like behaviour then it's got a good 8-10 years. As for the battery buy an external pack or grow a pair and replace the internal.

Can I shitpost on Sup Forums with it?

It's Nintendo realizing everything they did wrong with the Wii U and undoing said mistakes.

It's success heavily depends on the battery life of it. Its all find and good if i can play Skyrim on a plane, but if it only lasts 2h on battery, there's no point.

I'm not exactly sure about that. One of their biggest issues is software rather than hardware, and the only two ways they can do this proper are:

1. Providing most of the multiplatform titles from third parties if not all of those which already come out for other platforms, giving the incentive that you can play these on a relatively portable console (and I don't mean shit that came out ages ago like skyrim)

2. Working, really, really, -really- hard on their first parties. Providing few, but really strong titles capable of selling consoles alone and bringing out the competition. Bringing new IPs that can pull more than kids into their platform as well and putting more emphasis into the western market.

The thing is huge so they will probably be able to fit a big battery in it aswell, it's also only 720p which helps with power consumption

>"Custom" is probably a big stretch, nothing more than clock binning in all actuality. Its a Nvidia "Parker" Tegra SoC. The same die they use in all their current carputers, what people call Tegra X2. I don't know if Nvidia themselves have started using that moniker for it.
That thing is useless for games, the X2 has the same gpu size as the X1. They're screwed if it's an X2.

how the fuck am i supposed to post on reddit and tumblr about games im not actually playing without android

My smartphone is probably more powerful than that POS

Its a tablet

If it is software, there is no issue then. They have some of best selling software on the market. They just split a ton of development between two platforms. Until now anyways. This thing essentially replaces both their platforms.

>3 hour battery life
>720p screen
>no dpad
>more gimmicks
>no power
>muh mario and zelda

i hope nintendo dies.

People who've actually held it say it's the most comfortable controller of all time.

In times like these, you need to give in to the cognitive dissonance.
You'll tell the first person, "It's shit."
The next person will hear, "It's the best"
To the third you'll say, "It's okay."
And so on, and so forth.

>lemme make up some """""facts""""" about an unreleased product to look smart

I hope you die in your sleep

>implying anything in this thread isn't just made up bullshit

I already lost one of the controllers.

you know it's all true

it's like a shittier ipad with no touchscreen and children's hand sized "controllers". designed for today's generation of ADHD autists who can't walk the dog without clearing the next level in super mario multiverse

the immaturity and disgustingness of Sup Forums has fully shined through in this thread. i thought you guys would be smart enough to see this is a children's toy and at best a followup to the 3ds. it cannot be called a home console, it is not even as powerful as a vanilla xbox one.

sad tbqh

underrated shitpost

how do you guys look at this and not immediately burst out laughing

i hope you live forever with urself

They can probably fit on top of each other with borders at that resolution. But we have literally no info on VC support, and it isn't going to play 3DS carts, sadly.

What is the problem again? I mean, if I liked video games, I'd sure as fuck drop money on a 3DS before I do an Xbox, which is just a shit PC with no exclusives.

You can shitpost with a 3DS if you have a the patience, Nintendo has been putting browsers on their consoles since the DS.