Fix the new Macbook Pros

Fix the new Macbook Pros

>keep two USB-C ports, but replace the other ones with 2 USB 3.1 ports
>put back an SD card slot
>remove the touch bar
>reduce all the prices to follow the previous year's prices

Other urls found in this thread:

usb.org/developers/ssusb/USB_3_1_Language_Product_and_Packaging_Guidelines_FINAL.pdf
macworld.com/article/3100362/macs/next-gen-apple-pencil-could-work-with-mac-trackpads-and-be-used-as-a-gaming-joystick.html
youtu.be/4BkskUE8_hA
youtu.be/WVPRkcczXCY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Fix the new Macbook Pros
Okay.

>Remove pants-on-head retarded aluminum unibody construction and replace with Fiber-reinforced Plastic shell around Magnesium-Aluminum rollcage
>Offer socketed CPU, GPU, and RAM options
>Options start at i3 processors, 4Gbs of RAM, and integrated graphics. Go up to extreme edition i7s, current spec AMD cards, and however much 2 DIMMS of RAM can fit
>1 Thunderbolt 3 port per side (front, back, left and right)
>1x additional USB 3.0 Type-A port on the back, left and right
>SD Card Slot in front
>Add F-key/media row back
>Keep Touchbar, integrate under display with fingerprint sensor embedded in screen bezel to left and right
>Include Magsafe 2->Thunderbolt 3 adapter in box
>Include Thunderbolt 2->Thunderbolt 3 adapter in box
>Available downloads online for Windows Drivers for dual-boot
>Available repo for *nix drivers for dual-boot

Make virgin neckbeards on Sup Forums more open to change in the industry

oh wait, that doesnt change shit because Sup Forums's opinion doesnt matter

replace OS X with windows

add 1 ethernet and 3 usb 3 ports

>Make virgin neckbeards on Sup Forums more open to change in the industry
this is already possible though
the only selling point of current thinkpads are the thinkpad meme

>32gb RAM Options (it is called pro!)
>RAM should be replaceable
>normal Standard Design SSD
>Non retarded Keyboard Design, with good travel and feedback
>Pointing Stick and 3 Keys for it
>spillproof Keyboard
>3 yr warranty with pro grade Service as standard, not this retarded 1yr nigger Tier Service.
>Included Adapter for USB-C to USB-B.
>SD card reader
>Ethernet Port (see HPs very slim Design) or atleast an USB-C Adapter for it.
>Bottom should be easily remove and important parts accesable
>non glued battery
>Eink instead of Oled or actual F-Keys
>Display that actually is AdobeRGB (see precision 5510 / zbook Studio)

Holy fuck, you just described literally what apple is NOT about

Takes some strength to have faith in that happening

>Ethernet, serial port, card reader, USB-A and C ports, expressport
>100,000 mAh removable slice battery
>Thinkpad keyboard
>Thinkpad G-spot
>Thinkpad industrial design
>Thinkpad rollcage

Fixed.

d-delet..

Boot Camp has existed for over 10 years

Pic related will fix the new macbook pros. Same tool also fixes defect Asus pieces.

>USB 3.1 ports
no such thing. USB 3.1 only specifies the transport protocol.
usb.org/developers/ssusb/USB_3_1_Language_Product_and_Packaging_Guidelines_FINAL.pdf

Make it slightly thicker to accommodate GTX "m" 1080
Add mobile kabby lake.
Add bigger battery
Give option for black version
Add extra USB C port, four each side.

>remove the touch bar

This is all i want.

What you described sounds horrible.

>single legacy USB port
>bundled USB to ethernet dongle
>edge to edge display
>same thickness as the 2015 model but reduced dimensions because no bezel
>power button is fingerprint scanner
>99wh battery
>wireless charging mat

There is nothing wrong with the new MBP. USB-C is the future and compliments the machine. Apple laptops are not measured by the hardware which is deliberately held back to maximize battery life and provide stability. Also OSX the main reason people buy Macs.

What's the deal with larger trackpad? Is this something people really want?

Really, If that damn butterfly keyboard was replaced with what they had, I'd be fine with it.

If it kept the ports I have on my 2015 13" and replaced a USB with a USB-C, Id be happy.

If it had a keyboard like a thinkpad, I'd jizz all over myself and it, so let's not go there.

It's got to be bigger to fully accommodate a coffee mug base.

duh.

who the fuck uses SD card readers

When you use the Apple trackpad you will not want to use anything else.

amateur photographers that are too poor for pro equipment.

>implying every Apple trackpad is the same
forcetouch is still shit

>half the price
done

>Fix the new Macbook Pros

The best way to fix the MacBook Pro is to not buy and complain until they fix it.
If sales are low they'll be forced to fix it.

I get that the trackpad is probably the best thing on the market, but why are people applauding that it's bigger? I've never really wished for a bigger trackpad? In what scenario do you need a trackpad that large?

thinkpad chiclet < apple chiclet
(for scissor switches)

tba apple pencil

retard pls.
how the fuck can they fix it if all you do is complain like a three-year old instead of giving constructive feedback as to what should be changed.

It can add more precision and room for more gestures.

My thoughts exactly. I've seen countless 'photogs' complaining about the lack of SD card slot, and I've never met an actual photographer who uses SD cards.

now, THIS would take courage

and I'd buy it

I don't know how the 15" will perform, but the 13" shouldn't be called Pro, there is nothing pro on it. And it will probably replace the Air line. Dual core i5 with Iris? Go to hell.

>A laptop 3 inches thick

You fucking neckbeards need to get out of your basements.

Makes sense. Also this:

macworld.com/article/3100362/macs/next-gen-apple-pencil-could-work-with-mac-trackpads-and-be-used-as-a-gaming-joystick.html

Not so sure. I'm fine with my current MBP chiclet, but the Thinkpad keyboard is really good. I think it's a matter of taste, and I actually prefer the thinkpad a bit.

Given that the thinkpad runs windows, I chose the Mac. If this buttrfly thing is not dead in the next few years, I'll be looking for another laptop supplier.

I write for a living, so pounding on that thing all day is out of the question.

The biggest complaint i've been seeing online is about the Touch Bar.
I think it's a valid complaint, i hope they remove it or make it optional in every model next year.

I don't get it either, It's just a trackpad. I don't need to land a helicopter on it.

They are the best trackpads, tho

These plus
>full voltage processor

Would probably make it a respectable computer desu. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

how can it be valid if no one ever used it?

Why do you need a thin laptop?

Can you teach me your ways ergonomics God?

People saw it being used on the keynote, it's useless.
If people liked what they saw they wouldn't be complaining.

I was wondering why it needed to be thinner.

I would have rather kept for mm of thickness to get about four more hours of battery life from the new battery, processor, and display tech.

Then, the thin freaks could have gotten the macbook, and the pro could have been a contender.

Now, we have something that's not quite and thin and light as the thinnest and lightest. And it's not a workhorse.

It's just ... meh, with a great screen and shitty keyboard.

>I would have rather kept for mm of thickness to get about four more hours of battery life from the new battery, processor, and display tech.

We must gradually decrease thickness of laptops to a point where we don't want them any thinner. We must then improve battery technology. How the fuck do you think we'll have sub 1 cm thick devices that last all week in under 10 years? Why do you think Apple has stopped making phones thinner? They reached their goal proportion, now they just keep improving internals. The new MBP had a higher capacity battery even though its smaller. The entire machine is noticeably lighter too. It has the same battery life as last year's due to more efficient displays, a more efficient processor and a higher capacity battery. If you don't push form factor and force engineering of better thinner and lighter devices you will stagnate technologically.

If it were up to this board we'd have the pic related of laptops. An IBM X Series which is 1.5 inches thick, 9 kilograms in weight with a 300whr battery. You may call that an exaggeration, but if you want it to be thinner than that as a portable machine for yourself, then you can't say shit about what Apple is doing.

>kept for mm of thickness to get about four more hours of battery
>it's not a workhorse.
battery life has nothing to do with it being a workhorse or not.

or it was just a shitty presentation.

I'm fine with everything except the prices. Previously I thought that the 13" was a good value and the 15" was a few hundred bucks overpriced. Now the 13" is a few hundred bucks overpriced and the 15" is more like $700 overpriced.

I don't like the memebar but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me either.

>We must then improve battery technology.
Battery technology plateaued a long time ago and Apple is even using less-efficient one to maximize volume.

That picture kills me every time.

Sorry, I just did say shit about what apple was doing.

Deal with it.

Correct, but wouldn't a workhorse with battery life be better than apple memeing itself?

Ram doesn't need to be replaceable. Most people don't upgrade. MBP is the wrong device for that.

Sdcard slot isn't really that useful. It's tiny though so I guess why not. Thats one thing a dongle is fine for.

Ethernet port should be there. There are plenty of times when wifi sucks but there is ethernet - ie hotels, airports. It's also very useful when you need to debug or setup network gear and having something hanging off your USB ports isn't exactly ideal.

Replaceable battery - at least something someone technical can do (ie you need to open the case, but nothing soldered or glued.) Should be there. Batteries don't last.

I dunno though at the end of the day just get a Thinkpad, HP , Dell, etc business/professional lines.

>The new MBP had a higher capacity battery even though its smaller

Addorsing to what? Watt Hr?

NOPE.

74 >50.

They managed to get the same duration of use out of smaller batteries because the processor and display use less power. That's not all of it, but a large part.

Most people don't watch the keynote and some don't even lookup reviews online.
The Apple site is all they see, these are the two videos they've got to decide whether they'll buy or not.
If their smart they won't, because i can't see a single good use of the Touch Bar in these videos.

youtu.be/4BkskUE8_hA

youtu.be/WVPRkcczXCY

battery tech in general is on the cusp of getting better, we just can't keep devices from bursting into flame yet.

Because bigger is better for a trackpad.

Sometimes you'll reach the edge of the trackpad when doing something, making it bigger makes this harder.

Plus they have great palm rejection, so it won't add a significant amount of unintended inputs.

Why do you need a thick one ?

Just think of the touchbar as context sensitive keyboard shortcuts that display what's bound to them. It's very hard to remember 15 keyboard shortcuts across 30 different apps, but with the display you can easily change what they do and you don't have to remember them because you can just glance at them.

Also the final cut/photoshop features were really great. Showing a custom toolset depending on where you are in a workflow is great for productivity in those apps.

I dont think the meme bar is a deal breaker for me, but it doesn't do much for me either.

The only deal breaker for me, and a few other writers, is that keyboard.

I didn't like it on the new macbook either, but I'd go try it at the store before passing judgement. Supposedly it's improved

How about fix macbooks by introducing the next stage in HDMI which is universal compared to corporate dodging and penny shilling that is technology patented as a port.

I dont like corporations and I dont like where apple and microsoft (in cahoots) is going with this port patented technology bullshit.

-Joe

>photoshop features were really great

They should just wait until the can make all keys OLED, this way people could choose to use it or not, it may take many years though.
This keyboard layout for photoshop would actually be useful. (see pic)

>final cut
Video editing keyboards are used a lot by pros already, i can't see why they would want a Touch Bar.

No one of apples consumer base would care for any of that. You're a retard.

We do use several pro editing keyboards at my studio.
Touch Bar makes no sense if you already know all the commands for several shortcuts.
This is just for the film school idiots drowning in much more debt.

I work at a small company and we don't have an inhouse video/graphics designer, so I end up doing a small amount of this kind of work on tutorial videos, etc. for me, the bar is enough for now.

Agreed on OLED keys, and that's probably where we'll eventually get, if keyboards continue to be a widely used input mechanism by the time building that is viable.

>>Remove pants-on-head retarded aluminum unibody construction and replace with Fiber-reinforced Plastic shell around Magnesium-Aluminum rollcage
literally endorsed plastishit
>>Offer socketed CPU, GPU, and RAM options
why don't you just get a desktop, faggot
>>Options start at i3 processors, 4Gbs of RAM, and integrated graphics. Go up to extreme edition i7s, current spec AMD cards, and however much 2 DIMMS of RAM can fit
apple succeeds because they don't offer shit specs for normies to hate and call slow
Thunderbolt 3 port per side (front, back, left and right)
lol you are fucking retarded
x additional USB 3.0 Type-A port on the back, left and right
retarded.
>>SD Card Slot in front
nobody wants shit in front you autist
>>Add F-key/media row back
that's what the touch bar is, faggot.
>>Keep Touchbar, integrate under display with fingerprint sensor embedded in screen bezel to left and right
on the screen? that's retarded.
>>Include Magsafe 2->Thunderbolt 3 adapter in box
afraid of change?
>>Include Thunderbolt 2->Thunderbolt 3 adapter in box
no
>>Available downloads online for Windows Drivers for dual-boot
learn how to use bootcamp you retard
>>Available repo for *nix drivers for dual-boot
LOL

This fucking laptop man. My dad bought a XPS 15 for my sister and it's just beautiful. I'm fucking jealous.

>describing Thinkpads

Maybe you think it's useful, but a lot of people think it isn't.
They should have made it optional instead of forcing it on all of the available models, hopefully the people that don't like it won't give in and buy it.

Many people buy laptops as toys but only a handful out of maybe 1000 buy a laptop with a purpose.

Althought, I do have to agree, Laptops have come a long way from those dark times when they came with a warning sticker that said "Do not place on top of legs" or something to that extent.

-Joe

Not really, tried it. There's a slight audible click. I'm not sure if they are using some sort of taptic feedback, or the mechanism is a bit different.

The travel is still the same.

:(

>there is a thin 15 inch MSI laptop with 4k display GTX 1060 that weighs less than 4 pounds and costs less than new MacBook Pro.