Is the RX 470 just a meme or an actually good card for 1080p?

Is the RX 470 just a meme or an actually good card for 1080p?

Its the best bang for buck card right now

It's the best budget card and great value

biggest meme there is

Which one would you guys go for, the 3gb 1060 or a RX 470?

470 8GB obviously.

It's good if you can actually find it at the price it's supposed to be.

1060 3GB.

Buy a used R9 290 on eBay. Fuck.

unless you're in europe, in which it's only a couple of bucks cheaper than the 4GB RX 480

>Buying used GPUs

Might as well buy used condoms too

>card for 1080p?

:^)

4gb RX480

i got a $400 cad budget what is the best card to get?
i cant decide between rx 470 or 480

GTX 1070, avoid EVGA though

>cad

I thought it was real money, nevermind.

why avoid EVGA? i cant find a 1070 under 430 tho

>falling for the 8gb vram meme

made me lol, yeah unfortunately i'm forced to use Canadian pesos

EVGA has VR cooling issues big time.

Their cards are literally catching on fire.

AvE fan?

RX470/480 4GB Sapphire Nitro is pretty baller if you get it for a good price. If the better deals are on the 1060's then I would plan around replacing the card within a year. Nvidia cards do not age well at all. Hell my HD 7950 in one of the comps I built for the kiddos still trounces the cards it was supposed to compete with and even newer generations.

very much so. was wondering if someone would pick up on that.

As a 1060 owner, even I have to admit the 480 does better in DirectX 12, even now. So if you want better DX11 performance, go with 1060.

Yea. If most of what you play is DX11/OpenGL I'd grab an Nvidia without a second thought. Only option for high end currently as well in the 1070 and 1080. Fury cards are still pretty good but don't shine really well unless you use DX12/Vulkan in comparison.

Some deals on new Fury have been coming up lately for ~$360. Keep tabs on /r/bapcsalescanada. Something may come up on holiday sales too.

Its a solid card, but all of these people and places claiming to be Professionals usually forget one thing about the new AMD GPU's and that is they dont play nice with shitty PSU's that most people have inside of their HP/DELL etc PC's.

as a matter of fact, most people dont realize that buying a solid name brand PSU with atleast 1000 watt rating is the single most important thing they can do because it can be taken out and reused for generations.

Power supply is likely the most overlooked component when it comes to building a PC.

So if You have a solid PSU, then that 4XX ATi card will beat the shit out of Nvidia in the real world.

8GB RX470. I bought one for almost the same price as the 4GB version and it's pretty good.

What about CPU and motherboard?

I got the sapphire 480 8gb on sale, it's pretty kickass, and really well made

Is it a worthwhile upgrade from 7870?

That would be i3 6100 or fx8320.

I had it and returned it because I wasn't impressed by the performance.

Will I be able to play Witcher 3 on High with one of these?

Does the 7870 still meet your needs? If yes then why bother? If not, then yeah, a new card will be better

You're an idiot.

So RX 470 8GB with FX 8320. What about motherboard?

To be honest I never play games any more. But I feel compelled to upgrade

I'd go with the i3 dude. Single threaded performance is better than the 8320, which matters more in most games.
Also it's more preferable if you can wait until around January when Kaby Lake is out/Zen.