/bst/ - BattleStation General

Halloween edition!

Show of your desk buddies and them beautiful setups :)

Other urls found in this thread:

cymax.ca/Bush-Furniture-MySpace-Stockport-Office-Set-in-Black-Finish-MY62901-03-PKG.htm)
amazon.com/Bush-Furniture-MySpace-Stockport-Office/dp/B00BKE9UHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what the fuck is this Halloween shit

i really like how it looks so natural and still not dirty. like you didn't clean it to take the picture that is just how it always looks and there is a lot of shit on your desk but it still looks clean. really comfy too

i hate the red wasd and arrow keys though

hell yeah jumping in early
very chill lighting
those speakers are cool, love it as usual
nice, I see so many people with those smaller keyboards, wheres the numpad love

>nice, I see so many people with those smaller keyboards, wheres the numpad love
numpad = akward hand placement/bad ergonomics. also its fucking useless

i do want to get a model M in the future though and getting one of those without a numpad is just too fucking expensive

cool arcade game thing

Poorfag apartment battlestation at a dining room table.

Spooky scary flat

I hate kids on halloween. Greedy shits.

Nice desk! Don't like the cable mess though.

Comfy, the lamp is nice.

As another user said, it's not clean but it looks clean and that's a good thing.

Little monitor seems useless with that huge screen, but that's personal preference I guess.

Holy shit clean your cables. Even your cat is spooked. Love the jack-o-lantern though!

Feels retro, but doesn't seem very comfy.

I like the clean look, although I'm sure it starts to look awful if you don't clean it for a day.

>R-Type
>Widescreen screen, streching
What the fuck lad.

getting rid of the led-shit soon™

good

why? looks pretty tasteful

user said I could find qts in stockings in /bst/.
where are qts in stockings?

oh god that wallpaper is embarrassing as fuck..
shit like this is the reason why i don't tell anyone I like some anime.

r8 plz.

immersive/10

neat. but you need cable management user

aesthetic af

awesome.

messy

why

groovy

that desk is cool

embarrasing.. but neat

diggin' these, my dudes.

cheers famalam

Loving the towel arm rest

>cable management
lmao

i might tidy them up a LITTLE when i buy my new monitors

thanks senpai

Afternoon guys, I'll do r8s when I'm on desktop

So far threads been great

the fuck happened with the other thread? I thought it wasn't that old yet

o shit sorry i forgot to rate yours in return

i like how its setup with the desk in the corner and all that, i would get a new keyboard though. i also like how "organic" it feels or whatever, i feel like thats what it really looks like and you didn't clean it up too much before taking the picture

its still up? you are just forgetting its not called /bst/ i think

What windows theme?

After enough upgrades I basically had enough parts for a second computer, so my room is setup for two people just incase a friend comes over

ah im being retarded, I always just search bst
Appows Lite

Heyo, I'm back

fuck that's nice

that's a lot of lighting behind your monitors

I used a towel for while, spend the $20 on a real one

Having those pictures hanging is pretty cool tbqh

what is it with you guys and anime

I don't like the LEDs but they aren't super overdone

that's nice but
>hanging powerstrip

still a great setup, keyboard still too big

it looks cozy

Cramped, get a bigger desk

>that arcade machine

t-thanks senpai

Happy Halloween!

This pic isn't the halloween edition
The halloween edition is the open windows.

I'm really curious, could you post a speccy of your pc?

I like the LEDs. Makes thing look more interesting than just plain black stuff.

That keyboard accent lighting is sweet. Also love that mug and the comfy towel rest.

Is that wrist rest any decent? I was considering picking it up, but that logo is way too cringy.

That nixie tube clock looks really nice. Kinda want to get one, but I fear it would look a bit tacky, specially because they're not cheap. Cute PSG papes too.

Minor update last week, I drilled a hole for the keyboard and mouse cables through the top of the desk surface under where the keyboard sits. I also put a couple of headphone hooks on the side of the hutch above the tower.

>Holy shit clean your cables. Even your cat is spooked. Love the jack-o-lantern though!
Yeah, I know. I dunno if there's much I can really do. The back of the monitor has a little spot that you can feed cables through and I have a lot most of them in there. Between everything else hooked up to the laptop it just seems impossible

Where'd you get that desk?

I got it at a Staples (Canadian office supply store) a few years ago when they had it on clearance because they were drastically downsizing their furniture department. I recently found it again on a website called Cymax (cymax.ca/Bush-Furniture-MySpace-Stockport-Office-Set-in-Black-Finish-MY62901-03-PKG.htm) and I've been debating ordering the matching filing cabinet to go with it. You may or may not be able to find it on the American version of that site, or from another retailer entirely.

Amazon apparently has them for around $200.

For the complete set or just for the desk? The hutch is sold separately.

i have the same desk, and similar layout. i'll post soon

>Current BattleStation Thread
???

needs some TLC to clear shit out

r8

-8/8
i really h8

y

Spooky scary skeletons, come to eat your soul.

mac,
you fag

>not owning a ThinkPad and a MacBook Pro.

git gud

>portable computers in a stationary battlestation
You first, senpai.

Desktop is under desk.

i7-4790k @ 4.5
16GB 1866
GTX 980 Ti SC
850 Evo 500GB
2x 1TB Black in RAID 0
1x 2TB

oy vey, how dare you judge muh komputah!

Spooky

Fucking hell!
Who stole:
?

>1792x1344
>53Hz
fug m8
Are you just cheap or is there another reason you don't upgrade stuff? I mean getting big upgrades over what you currently have shouldnt really be that expensive but to each his own!

I dunno. Says "set" in the name.
amazon.com/Bush-Furniture-MySpace-Stockport-Office/dp/B00BKE9UHE

I can run them @ 85Hz or at 1920x1440
I have chosen to run them at and identical lower res/ref because one is on a displayport to VGA with limited RAMDAC thus cutting my resolution bandwidth in about half.

Besides they are only 19", one feels just as big as my 24" trinitron @ 1600p back down south.

Damn

quick open question. i've been looking to upgrade to more RAM, currently 16gb DDR4 for my i7-6700k.

i also currently have windows 7 home premium. you all should know my problem now. so now i have a choice. windows 7 professional, or windows 10?

i like the navigation and simplicity of 7, absolutely used to it, would have a hard time transitioning my main/gaming pc to 10.

i've used 10 frequently enough to know "how" to use it fluidly, but i hate the layout.

should i shell out ~$25 for a key online to activate/upgrade to professional, or is it beneficial to hop up to 10?

i visit /t/ semi-often (especially after kat went down). i hear torrenting has some... "discrepancies" on 10, but so far, most articles say it's "only" for microsoft software and xbox live software.

suggestions?

Both require some tweaking to reach the point where i would consider them usable but i prefer 7. As long as it doesn't bottleneck my parts i see no point in upgrading if you could even call it that.

user, you air force?

Anyone got a station with a lava lamp?

Lookin for some groovy shit

i mean, sticking with home premium just means i'm locked in at 16gb of RAM. i'd like to increase that later on. professional might be the only route to keep things the same.

does anyone know if the operating systems offer any performance differences?

>does anyone know if the operating systems offer any performance differences?
Not with your parts

Read as: "your parts are fast enough that it wouldn't be noticeable"

7 over 10.

8.1 over 10 and 7.

R8 be gentle. Keyboard came free with case

more of a workbench than a battlestation, but it's my only true "desktop"

That keyboard thing is nice. Is that an IKEA part or did you attach it yourself?

itt: intense faggotry

thats rich coming from the owner of an anonemoose mask.

>being this new

It's always the mouse pad that has me crack a smile. What's the specs on that beast? I see you have a lot of 5.2 units, do you regularly use them all?

I won it in a giveaway, logo is just as cringy as you might thing, but it's ultra comfy and seems pretty durable

>being this presumptuous