Which is the best unrarer?

Which is the best unrarer?

With 7zip I always get some broken archives that work in winrar, and unpacking a ton of files doesnt work with peazip, you can only select like 20 or so at once. Haven't tried winzip for ages.
So winrar is the clear winrar for me

Winrar but the paid version with extra features.

emerge rar

fucking faggot

>Which is the best unrarer?
This

I use the unrar plugin for p7zip. It is open source, but with a restrictive license that prevents using it to reverse engineer the format.

Eugene Roshal comes to your home and does striptease.

tfw bought winrar legally :3

>using DOS in 2016

By far the lowest quality bait I've ever seen. Here's your (You)

In order:
1. 7zip
2. Peazip
3. Winrar
4. Winzip (this program is absolute dogshit, please don't use it.)

7zip is only good with 7z files

can't unrar well for shit

Are you sure it's not just your end and the files you're getting?

I've never had a single problem using 7zip. I help grade CS projects at my UNI and I use 7zip to unrar assignments all the time.

Nope. I've had a few rars tell me "data after payload" with 7z, but the worked just fine with winrar.

I hate how 7zip extracts .tar.(gz,bz,xz) files

can I change it unencrypt and extract at the same time?

>57328979
So close to getting some (you)s m8

try harder next time

Not but I havent had any issues either, 7zip, usually does fine with most types, or even unlisted ones. Any zip/rar/7z files have not ever had any issues that did not show themselves in another program as well.

How often are you working with rar files?

I see .zip, .tar(gz, bz) all the time, but the only time I have ever dealt with rar files is illegal content and malicious activity.

Stupid format.

every day because I download stuff from filehosters

7zip is provably better in literally every single measurable way.
7zip is the closest we've got to a perfect one.

nobody actually uses 7zip for 7z files though

t. your ass

Use 7zip and stop downloading RAR archives.

Why does 7zip have to "extract" the whole archive to open up a single text file in it?

7zip

Works on my machineā„¢

Depends on the archive format I'd say. It doesn't do that for zip and 7z archives.

>With 7zip I always get some broken archives that work in winrar
That's not really 7zip's fault actually. The WinRAR devs released code to unpack RAR archives (under a very restrictive license) which 7zip and most third party implementers use. As far as I know, it only supports a limited set of features and also lags a couple of versions behind.
WinRAR's format is likely protected by copyright or patents so it's probably not legal to just build your own.

Purchased version of WinRAR, of course.

>doesnt show license

liar liar

tar

I unrar shit all the time from usenet with 7zip. Don't even have winrar installed anymore.

i used to use winrar but i use 7zip for years now because it has the same functionality

Winrar if on SSD.
You can actually change the working folder to use a mechanical HDD and save many TB of writes on your SSD.

7zip writes to C:\temp and you can't change it.

Winrar, then 7zip for the few things that winrar doesn't want to work for.

The one who comes by default on Linux

Who the hell uses such an obsolete compression system.

Patrician ones are .gz for speed, 7z for good compression and .zpaq for full autismo

WinZip was comfy in 00s ;_;

>7zip writes to C:\temp and you can't change it.
Nope, you're just an idiot. Stop using drag & drop. That is literally the only scenario where it has to use the temp folder and if you knew the first thing about this stuff, you'd realize this.

You have numerous other options, like 'extract here', 'extract to', opening the archive marking files and using 'copy to'. Akk these don't use the windows temp folder and you won't get a copy process between hdds after unpacking.

Or you can just put your temp folder on a different disk.

>comfy
Another word for "I was used to it and didn't know any better"

>Or you can just put your temp folder on a different disk.
That's the exact thing he was talking about with 7-Zip. When unpacking via drag & drop that settings is ignored and Windows temp folder will be used.

Set up the folder on the drive you want, then don't use drag & drop, but one of the other options and you're gucchi.

I still don't understand why it has to use the temp folder wit d&d. It knows the destination, couldn't they implemented it like they did Extract to?

>tfw bought winrar legally :3
LUL!

> (OP)
>7zip is provably better in literally every single measurable way.
>7zip is the closest we've got to a perfect one.
Haven't agree any more.

emerging a totally non free format

fucking idiot

Settle down, you butthurt dumb boys. Also, I'm an intelligent beautiful woman.

7zip, unless you're retarded.

>Stop using drag & drop
>don't use drag & drop

No

>Stop using drag and drop
Why the fuck would I want to do that when I could use a better program that respects the working directory for the most common operation there is? I don't want to fuck around with more button clicks to choose a folder to extract to nested a billion folders deep in explorer.

Look at that logo

Damn that's some mystical shit

You don't get logos like that any more

Feel like I'm going on a magical adventure god damn

/thread

the water even moves.
look it up!

Except rar > zip files

If you disagree kys

No, I had WinRar as well, faget, winzip looked better back then, now take a look at that shit today, it is worse than god knows what

just use winrar and if you stuck on shitnux like a mongoloid us command line or use winrar via wine, it works fine

Slut

How often do you get RAR archives that aren't readable by 7zip? Get better download sources. No one should be fucking packing RARs anymore.

once or twice a month

I've come across RAR archives that won't unpack properly using 7zip. I've also come across 7z archives that wont unpack properly using WinRAR. So I've had to keep both programs installed.

Everything can unzip ZIP files just fine, tho, so fuck WinZip.

>literally has kek in the title

no

ur beautiful gf maki is tho. show her off more.

You triggered the freetard hipsters

Engranpa

winrar offers you personalized contextual menu entries for instant compression
you can even drag and drop files into a rar file
tell me what other compressor do this and Im sold