>download linux
>it's shit

Other urls found in this thread:

exploit-db.com/exploits/40560/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>download Windows
>its shit
>Microsoft knows every post I make because keyloggers

Can you go in depth about what you didn't like about linux?

Can you go in depth about why frogposters' opinions are worth more than a wet fart to you?

Can you prove windows uses keyloggers

That's not a shocking new.

No games

Because it's Halloween night and I'm all alone; I closed all the blinds but the noise outdoors from the kids still penetrates the walls; I'm lonely and listening to a frogposter who obviously isn't into compsci make a potential bait-post because it's fun

@57330156
Did you try installing it?

>use windows at home and ubuntu at work
>see some faggots hard-shilling some shit called Solus for the past week or so
>try it on a vbox
>its okay but slow. might be faster on my laptop
>install it
>almost nothing works
>mouse is stuck on top left of screen and when i attempt to move it it just appears on the next corner of the screen
>after giving up trying to fix that change the resolution to the laptop's native 1080p
>screen goes black and doesn't revert

ur right OP linux IS shit. hobbyists with little to no stake popping in and out of projects somehow manage to garner enough support so people can post in screenfetch threads and collect themes.

Try to download a full OS next time. You won't go far with only a kernel

>tfw too intelligent to install Linux.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

can you prove it cant???
no i dont think so checkmate christicucks btfo linux is better windows sucks #ImWithHer

Incorrect + Wrong

It's actually linux gnu

typical linsux user

exploit-db.com/exploits/40560/

It's way too easy

What if he downloaded the kernel?

Did you download a distro or just the kernel? Also did you try installing it?

What's more retarded is that you think Windows and Mac OS is any better. All operating systems are shit because humans still have primitive brains incapable of creating perfection.

I know this will sound kinda stupid, but I downloaded it to an extra computer of mine and honestly don't really even know what to do differently.

So I downloaded openSUSE to an old thinkpad I bought specifically for the purpose of learning about Linux, and set it up and everything. I downloaded Firefox, and pretty much just browsed a little and that's it. It works... yay?

What else happens next? I see so many people talking about shell commands and sudo shit and other special Linux things, what is that all about? It works but it's not really helping me learn about Linux at all... it just works like windows does for the most part

So what exactly am I supposed to do to learn about Linux stuff

Underrated post

>What else happens next?

Why do people keep asking this? You start using your computer like you would use it normally. Do people think that installing another OS is going to somehow entertain them?

What do you do on your Windows machine? To learn about Linux, you keep using it. You will eventually come across a need to edit a config file for example. You can do this using a GUI editor or you if you want to learn the command line, you google how to do it using a command line.

Get out of your comfort zone and install Gentoo or Arch Linux, you'll have to learn a bunch of commands and tools, do it in a VM for training wheels.

typical winblows shill

To add to this: there is really no point in installing Linux on an extra computer or a VM. Sure you can test it there first, but in the end it's just going to be an extra computer that you're not using in the first place. You need to start using it as your main OS or else you will just go back to your old setup saying "Well, it's already set up the way I want so I'll use it".

I have spent a great deal of time learning Linux and installing a variety of distributions. In terms of software, there are some great open source alternatives like GIMP, LibreOffice, GnuCash and whatnot. No problem there, I like the clean font rendering and beautiful Unity DE.

My only grudge with Linux is drivers. I keep seeing pch_transcoder fifo underrun error everytime I boot or view my GPU status. My bluetooth is not detectable, my wifi device goes missing everytime I reboot (only comes back if I shut down and reboot), lastly the fps provided on games is shit and Office 2013 does not work despite PlayonLinux saying it is supported.

So I have mixed feelings. Perhaps in another lifetime if I was born a useless NEET, I would enjoy Linux properly.

>Install Linux
>use vine to run nothing but windows apps

That is the point. Once the illusion of free software fades and you realize your entire lifestyle requires Windows applications, you feel stupid and autistic trying to find workarounds on a system not designed to perform those tasks.

no he printed it out