GOOGLE IS TRYING TO CENSOR YOU WITH "PROJECT CANDID"

We need to spread awareness to normies as fast and as powerfully as possible.

Candid is a service that presents itself as an anonymous free speech platform.

In reality, Candid is a project started by two Google AI engineers who are attempting to create a machine learning platform that can identify "undesirable" forms for speech and automatically censor them. The founders have already publicly expressed their intention to silence opinions they disagree with (see below).

Also, the service is not actually anonymous, you have to register with Candid using either your Facebook account (where they ask for all your personal data e.g. education and employment history) or your phone number, so Candid always knows exactly who is posting each comment.

This service is an attempt to limit free speech disguised as a way to enhance free speech, and Maddox is now one of their paid shills. Maddox will never entertain the idea of discussion on this topic, not even on his """Advertisement-free""" website that totally isn't affected by his sponsorships on other platforms you guys.

A YouTuber named "Harmless Opinions" has several interesting (albeit dry) videos that expand on this:

>Part 1:
youtube.com/watch?v=tga1StUrTOM

>Part 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=6TIjmYAUzIg

>More videos on the subject:
youtube.com/results?search_query=candid harmful opinions

(From above): One of the founders originally posted a comment on
>this page on Product Hunt...
producthunt.com/tech/candid
archive.is/z19cB

>...revealing these sentiments. It has since been edited to this.
cards.producthunt.com/cards/comments/331297?v=1
archive.is/DBdmI
(archive link looks like shit, but if you check the HTML data, you can still find those words. If you can solve this, please speak up.)

>The original comment can be seen as a screenshot in Harmless Opinion's first video at this timestamp.
youtube.com/watch?v=tga1StUrTOM&t=6m2s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tzl94WjeOmY&t=2m33s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2hV1-XR68&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus christ *big gay al*

Is this trying to be a new app? Can't you just not use the app?

What I'm getting at is, if people are wrongly censored for no apparent reason, they'll get tired with it quickly and stop using it. I don't see anything like this surviving longer than 5 minutes.

POTENIAL SHILL: Don't worry about Candid. There's nothing to worry about.

Perhaps not, but if my concern bothers you, then make a filter blocking all my annoying Candid posts from showing up on your screen, because YOUR CONCERN OVER MY CONCERN is suspicious, and with topic filters, you don't get the excuse that my posts are annoying you. Filter me and my threads and go away. Even if you're not a shill.

>POTENIAL SHILL

Lol wtf?

I wasn't even going to post in your thread but since it was disappearing into oblivion with only one reply I thought, 'I had better bump this as it could be important'. Now I see I shouldn't have bothered taking pity on you.

Take your delusion and ram it up your loose-ass you faggot. Hahhaha

Non-polite sage.

>I don't care about your stupid thread.
>LOOK AT ME AND HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE!!!!!

The shilling is real folks.

Fuck!

They literally tell the paid celebs not to argue, because they want to avoid bad publicity.

Oh lawdy, are you still here samefagging your own thread? Hahahahahhaa.

SAMEFAG
SAMEFAG

>censorship exists in the West in any form whatsoever in 2016

mmm nice meme

Don't sweat it
If i have learned something about their speech algo is that something as simple like Sup Forums's operation google can hijack this easily.

>Sup Forums's operation google can hijack this easily.
Elaborate please?

Don't reply. He's clearly a newfag and is here with an agenda. He's fishing for information SAGE

What is your evidence for that?

Good on you user.

It's unsettling to think that with google's wide ecosystem, they might be adding a product to censor opinions within that ecosystem.

It was all over the news m8
Just search something like "google skype hate speech"

>"google skype hate speech"
Nice!

The youtubers that shilled the app most likely didn't know the true intentions behind it as they're strong free speech supporters

>they're strong free speech supporters
What gives you that faith?
George Ouzounian accused his best friend of maintaining a rapelist.
TheAmazingSellOut, accepts large sums of money for fake website projects that go under very quickly. See FreeSpeechVids and NotProductive.

MundaneMatt and any others I don't know enough about, but they seem small enough to be bought.

You've been spamming this on Sup Forums already.

What the fuck is a "rapelist"?

Every board is Sup Forums

>What the fuck is a "rapelist"?
youtube.com/watch?v=tzl94WjeOmY&t=2m33s

As someone who used to read Maddox from ten years ago, hearing his voice is a massive disappointment. He sounds like a fucking dweeb.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2hV1-XR68&feature=youtu.be